Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 23:32   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
Any idea if this design will be carried over to the ev ?
It'd be ! It's the same panels and keeping 2 different models / shape wouldn't make business sense for the same product.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 07:02   #62
BHPian

Any idea on whether the interiors will also get an upgrade? I'm hoping that the pathetic instrument cluster and the main ICE screen see updates. Would be nice if there's a full refresh of the interiors.
qaqa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 07:43   #63

Compared to the outgoing ones, the alloy design in the photos look ugly to me.
arunabh002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 11:01   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Any idea on whether the interiors will also get an upgrade? I'm hoping that the pathetic instrument cluster and the main ICE screen see updates. Would be nice if there's a full refresh of the interiors.
Exactly what Nexon needs now. The boring interiors, weird digital console and lacklustre ICE needs an upgrade.
AbhishekNigam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 11:10   #65
BHPian

I hope they use this opportunity to get rid of the eyesore rear and update the interiors including ICE unit. It will be an irresistible package.
Bhokal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 14:36   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Clearer spyshots & videos sent by AutoSpy, as opposed to the video screengrabs posted by RushLane from his Instagram reel:-

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-1.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-2.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-3.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-4.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-5.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-6.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-7.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-8.jpg

According to him, the next-gen Nexon borrows graciously from the Curvv concept and the rear boot & windshield designs seems to be tweaked quite a bit. The rear seems to have more space inside, hinting at a bigger version than the current-gen Nexon on sale. Goes to show what Tata has in store for the Nexon in the future.
RavenAvi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 20:18   #67

I saw the test vehicle in Manali and had a chat with the test engineers outside the bikers cafe with all the gizmos and instrumentation in side the cabin. What they told me, it is the DCT variant and will be launched somewhere around june-july and TATA will name it differently.
balmagbrezjim is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 12:13   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmagbrezjim View Post
I saw the test vehicle in Manali and had a chat with the test engineers outside the bikers cafe with all the gizmos and instrumentation in side the cabin. What they told me, it is the DCT variant and will be launched somewhere around june-july and TATA will name it differently.
MAy I know what is DCT
rkmountain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 13:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmountain View Post
MAy I know what is DCT
Dual clutch transmission, very simply the latest iteration of the automatic gearbox.
shortbread is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 13:37   #70
BHPian

Quote:
That means it will be given a new name?

Will it no longer called NEXON or will it be given a Suffix like 'NEXON Active' et al....
DRPSREDDY is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 13:45   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What they told me, it is the DCT variant and will be launched somewhere around june-july and TATA will name it differently.
Finally the music that the ears have been waiting for. Tata really urgently needs to roll out the Nexon with DCA and also the Altroz iTurbo with the DCA. There is a huge void left by the departure of the Polo TSI DSG/AT now - that the Altroz can definitely fill up with a sufficiently powerful engine and really good driving dynamics that it offers, together with a fast DCA. A car like the Altroz - is doing poor sales numbers (compared to what it could do) - due to an anemic engine in the DCA and lack of AT in the iTurbo. Terrible product planning by Tamo.

Nexon - already is selling hot with AMT - but others are already offering TC/DCT (Sonet/Venue) and if not with the DCA - Nexon will start suffering in the long run on the sales charts. I hope the time to market for this important update is short - within next quarter or two.

Its a pipe-dream of course, but if that Tata-Punch Power DCA wet clutch setup has good torque capability - I wonder if they will bring it into the Altroz / Nexon Diesels also? Again these are cars with unique card up the sleeve (Altroz for sure) with a diesel engine. But the lack of a competent automatic is a big miss (Nexon AMT diesel with the asking price OTR is a joke now).
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The rear seems to have more space inside, hinting at a bigger version than the current-gen Nexon on sale.
Looking at the dimensions of the monocoque, main body structures, doors and pillars - I doubt that there is going to be any change in cabin space. Only packaging may differ (like different console designs etc.). Any "bigger" in dimensions and the car will anyway directly land in the Creta-Seltos tax bracket. Instant sales failure.

Wheels?
Off topic - Does the mule seem to have 5 lug nuts? In some pictures I thought I saw that. Or still 4 like current version?

Last edited by Reinhard : 13th March 2023 at 14:07.
Reinhard is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 13:56   #72
Senior - BHPian

I'll be the first to buy/upgrade to Nexon Diesel DCA Really happy with my Nexon experience
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Finally the music that the ears have been waiting for. Tata really urgently needs to roll out the Nexon with DCA
Sebring is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 19:08   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Finally the music that the ears have been waiting for. Tata really urgently needs to roll out the Nexon with DCA and also the Altroz iTurbo with the DCA. There is a huge void left by the departure of the Polo TSI DSG/AT now - that the Altroz can definitely fill up with a sufficiently powerful engine and really good driving dynamics that it offers, together with a fast DCA. A car like the Altroz - is doing poor sales numbers (compared to what it could do) - due to an anemic engine in the DCA and lack of AT in the iTurbo. Terrible product planning by Tamo.
After Altroz NA getting DCA, it was only a matter of time before Nexon got one. Maybe they were testing DCA's reliability in a safe package(Altroz NA) before putting it in their biggest superhit product ever(Nexon)

Quote:
Looking at the dimensions of the monocoque, main body structures, doors and pillars - I doubt that there is going to be any change in cabin space. Only packaging may differ (like different console designs etc.). Any "bigger" in dimensions and the car will anyway directly land in the Creta-Seltos tax bracket. Instant sales failure.
As per authetic reports, Curvv is also based on Nexon's X1 chassis but with a hugely modified floor and slightly more wheelbase. If this Nexon facelift may incorporate those changes, then it should offer more rear space even with similar external dimensions.

Quote:
Wheels?
Off topic - Does the mule seem to have 5 lug nuts? In some pictures I thought I saw that. Or still 4 like current version?
You have a keen eye. 5 lug nuts should mean bigger tyres.

Last edited by FireBlade : 13th March 2023 at 19:09.
FireBlade is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 22:19   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Wheels?
Nexon EV Max already has 5 lug nuts. I think it will seep into all the variants to avoid assembly line complexities. I am wondering why there are these many iterations of alloy designs. The latest one should've been avoided. It is a step down from its predecessor.

With the diesel power bumped up, and it being probably available in the Curvv, I think a diesel automatic should also be in the cards. Like you had mentioned earlier, a bunch of Creta buyers would end up buying the Nexon. Let's see what Tata brings to the table.
Benoit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 12:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I am wondering why there are these many iterations of alloy designs.
Probably something from Anurag Mehrotra's book of success. Remember the incessant iterations of alloys in Ford EcoSport? They should have just called themselves Ford Alloys India Limited (acronym pun intended).

PS: I am just taking shots at how Ford India 'evolved' during his time, something I still can't get over. I actually like the Nexon Max's alloy design more.
professortarzan is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks