Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 19:15   #1

RTO problems for transfering in own state

hi
I recently had the bad luck to purchase a opel astra car which was being disposed off by my company, since my company has the headoffice in ahmedabad, the car was purchased in ahmedabad with a temporary registration and then brought to karnataka and registred in 2003 with ka registration and LTT paid within a month of purchase.
We purchased this car from the company recently for my brother when it disposed off 4 cars, This car was registered in indiranagar rto, when i submited the application for getting noc they told me the file has been transfered to the newly opened RTO in batrahalli (KR puram).
So I went to batrahalli when i went there they asked my brother only to come to submit the application for NOC. he resides in pune, so he comes down and submits, three days latter they reject the application stating they need a authorisation letter on the company letter head for transfer of the car. So i ask the company for the authorisation letter and again submit for the transfer. They were suposed to give the clearance certificate within 3 days but now 7 days latter they ask me for the entry tax reciept and invoice please note this is a KA vehical which is already karnataka registered I just want to register in my name i am residing in Koramangala.
I go back to my company to ask for the entry tax reciept, they object saying how come the other 3 cars which were sold got reregistered without any problems? Now me being the smart *** i am try to find the number of the PRO in charge of the batrahalli (KR Puram) rto surprise surprise the karnataka rto website does not have a telephone number for the Batrahalli RTO
Now how did they register the vehical in june 2003 without the entry tax ?
How did the other three vehicals get registered ?
It is already a KA registered vehical so where does the question of entry tax exist ?
vipin shetty
Old 11th July 2007, 19:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

I feel bestway for you is use Agents or if any influance. thats how it works in India. Some driving school guys can help you get it transfered and might cost around 2000 rs max. to transfer it. They will guide you how to prepare the documents when we submit.

I don't mean you submitted with wrong document. Sometimes they expect
$ to dot he work so they will pull our leg and don't do the work.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 17th February 2013, 20:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinshetty View Post
hi
I recently had the bad luck to purchase a opel astra car which was being disposed off by my company, since my company has the headoffice in ahmedabad, the car was purchased in ahmedabad with a temporary registration and then brought to karnataka and registred in 2003 with ka registration and LTT paid within a month of purchase.
It is already a KA registered vehical so where does the question of entry tax exist ?
vipin shetty
Hi
How was the problem resolved? I am planning to buy a maruti bought in Haryana and I reside in Mumbai.
Please thro some light on the same.
Regards
Kd
Old 18th February 2013, 18:29   #4

Re: RTO problems for transfering in own state

In 2003 they introduced a retrospective entry tax then it briefly there was a highcourt stay on entry tax which was vacated latter then squashed anyhow I had to pay the entry tax along with intrest. I got a reciept for it. it was a tidy sum almost 70k dont remember the exact amt

Oversight is what I was told.

Dont know the answer am confused there was a stay then vacated then squashed in 2010 dont know what the status is now.
Old 19th February 2013, 07:13   #5
BHPian

dear mr shetty
1. RTO ( new one) is correct in insisting on entry tax receipt and invoice.
2. how did old ones get registered? : answer to this is they might have got the invoice and have done the process correctly or they might have bribed all the way or they have fabricated an invoice. but please note that there is a new energy in the dept and they are hell bent on collecting the entry tax. EVERY file in rto is now going for audits ( one internal audit and other AG audit). so people who have got regd earlier without papers also will get same treatment, but a little later.
3. RTO ( on squad and check post) have got black berry devise in which they will update the vehicle reg number, colour and make when we cross the state ( coming in or going out). please note that tomorrow we will not be able to explain that we move frequently or we just came as visitors.
4. i have had a first hand exp as my car is KL 01 reg and i permanently stay in mysore and drive to Kl very often.
5. all that RTO will ask is pay the life time tax in KA and when you move out, take back the tax paid on pro rata basis. but no free driving here after a few visits or months of staying here.
Old 20th February 2013, 17:13   #6

Entry tax and road tax are different.

This is a quote from "Times of India"

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: Good news for vehicleusers. You don’t have to pay entry tax if you buy a motor vehicle outside the state and bring it into the state.
Not just that. If you have already paid the tax within a specified period, you are entitled for refund.
The Karnataka high court on Friday quashed the entry tax of 4% to 12% levied by the state government. The court declared as unconstitutional Section 4 B and 4BB of Karnataka Tax on Entry of Goods into Local Area Act, 1979(amended in 1994) that had provisions for levying entry tax on various types of motor vehicles purchased in other states and brought into Karnataka.
Justice N Kumar, who allowed nearly 150-odd petitions challenging the provision, asked the authorities to refund the tax collected under the said provision within four weeks’ time. The judge also quashed the July 26, 2003 notification which had sought for collection of tax retrospectively for the period Jan. 1, 2000 to March 31, 2002.
“The object of our Constitution makers was free movement and exchange of goods throughout India. It is essential for the economy of India and for sustaining improving living standards of its people. It should ultimately lead to one-country-one-people concept and economic benefit of the development should reach every citizen wherever he lives. The people of the state must sink and swim together. The long-run prosperity and salvation lies in union and not division. Economic unity is the main force for achieving cultural and political unity and stability and progress can be achieved only by demolishing artificial boundaries and barricades and should be sidelined,’’ the judge said."

There was a stay order sometime in 2003 when my vehical was first registered so no entry tax paid.
During the second registration (i.e to my name) the stay order was removed so had to pay the entry tax with intrest subsequent to this the judgement was passed which declared it illegal, I /prev owner is/was eligible once the judgement was passed in 2009.

dont know what gazzet/order is subsequent to this.

Note this vehical was purchased in ahmedabad and driven to bangalore and but the new vehical was registered first time in bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks