Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2023, 12:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors completes BS6 Phase II transition

Tata Motors introduced its BS6 Phase II range of passenger vehicles with RDE and E20 compliant engines.

Tata Motors completes BS6 Phase II transition-smartselect_20230211122703_chrome.jpg

- Tata Motors has refreshed its portfolio across powertrain options of Petrol, Diesel & CNG with new features which will deliver enhanced safety, drivability, comfort & convenience.

- Altroz, Punch get idle start/ stop

- Tiago, Tigor get TPMS

- Nexon diesel engine retuned for better performance.

- The Company has also increased its standard warranty of 2 Years/ 75,000 kms to 3 Years/ 1 lakh kms across the range, offering a hassle-free ownership experience.

Press Release

Tata Motors completes BS6 Phase II transition-smartselect_20230211122652_drive.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 11th February 2023 at 12:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 13:42   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors completes BS6 Phase II transition

There is no mention of BS6-II compatibility of Harrier twins based on Fiat sourced Multijet engine even in official communications from Tata Motors. I guess they are waiting for Fiat.

Last edited by varunswnt : 11th February 2023 at 13:43.
varunswnt is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 16:49   #3
BHPian

Where are the TGDi engines from Tata? Mahindra's ones are out and doing quite good. Currently in Tata's line-up, their engine (especially petrol), gearbox and clutch are a let down in the driving experience.
itsashishsharma is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 17:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
There is no mention of BS6-II compatibility of Harrier twins based on Fiat sourced Multijet engine even in official communications from Tata Motors. I guess they are waiting for Fiat.
They are already RDE compliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Where are the TGDi engines from Tata? Mahindra's ones are out and doing quite good. Currently in Tata's line-up, their engine (especially petrol), gearbox and clutch are a let down in the driving experience.
Will be launched with the Curvv. Probably the festival season or early 2024.
discoverwild is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 22:49   #5
BHPian

Nexon’s diesel now produces 5 more horses at 115hp(according to the brochure) which is on par with the Sonet and Venue.
Muscle Boyy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 23:02   #6
BHPian

Is lower NVH, more responsive engine only for altroz and punch or for all cars?
Also, BS-6 phase 2 altroz and punch do feel more refined and NVH has reduced. Lets see how nexon, tiago and tigor will fare.
Old 12th February 2023, 09:23   #7
BHPian

While I appreciate Tata to have updated the engine as per emission mandate and giving TPMS on their entry level cars like Tiago and Tigor, they should have also provided hill assist control for all their cars (guess only Harrier and Safari have them). Quite a lost opportunity here since most manufacturers offer them across all their cars.

Also I am not sure why they did not do away with the 6month service interval between first and second service.(Kindly correct if this is misinformation.)
Old 12th February 2023, 10:23   #8
BHPian

Great news. Is E20 compliance part of the bs6 phase 2 mandate? Either way, good to know Tata is ready with its existing powertrains for the latest norms.

Improved NVH and TPMS for tiago and tigor are good. I don't think Tiago and Tigor will have a facelift soon. Since they have a lot orders on the Tiago EV, if a newer Tiago ICE is launched, the Tiago EV will feel older already.

Nexon's more powerful diesel engines are welcome. I was expecting some power bump in the Altroz diesel as well.
Old 12th February 2023, 10:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

A question for the experts with TML background. When I purchased my Tiago in September, I was told that there would be no issue with E20 compliance etc. Obviously this announcement voids that. So how long could it be before the car engine shows wearing off assuming Pune will be one of the first E20 cities ?
Old 12th February 2023, 12:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
A question for the experts with TML background. When I purchased my Tiago in September, I was told that there would be no issue with E20 compliance etc. Obviously this announcement voids that. So how long could it be before the car engine shows wearing off assuming Pune will be one of the first E20 cities ?
BS-VI cars are E-20 ready. They will soon announce some tweaking in the BS-VI cars and changing some Plastic & Rubber parts to make them eligible for E-20.
souravdas808 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 12:03   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
While I appreciate Tata to have updated the engine as per emission mandate and giving TPMS on their entry level cars like Tiago and Tigor, they should have also provided hill assist control for all their cars (guess only Harrier and Safari have them). Quite a lost opportunity here since most manufacturers offer them across all their cars.
Nexon's got the hill hold assist all the way up from the XE/XM variants.

Still better than, say, Renault since you can't get that feature with either the Triber or the Kiger, irrespective of the variant. Hill hold control is proposed for the 2023 Kiger so perhaps I'm being a bit unfair.
feodore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 15:59   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feodore View Post
Nexon's got the hill hold assist all the way up from the XE/XM variants.

Still better than, say, Renault since you can't get that feature with either the Triber or the Kiger, irrespective of the variant. Hill hold control is proposed for the 2023 Kiger so perhaps I'm being a bit unfair.
Thanks for reminding hill hold feature on Nexon's mid/ VFM variants. I was referring to the lack of hill assist features on Punch , Tiago, Tigor and Altroz. Surely these are volume makers for the brand and obviously Tata should offer/ have offered it on their Mid level trims , atleast in the BS 6 -II transition.
Old 13th February 2023, 16:25   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
While I appreciate Tata to have updated the engine as per emission mandate and giving TPMS on their entry level cars like Tiago and Tigor,
The recent features addition like TPMS , ISG etc by most manufacturers are more of an obligation as they help them lower the Net Carbon Emission in the RDE.

What it implies is that a particular model may or may not be meeting the exact RDE requirement and in the end the OEM is being evaluated on the overall performance & volume of all models.

So if in future the regulatory body allows some positive points for certain features, we are bound to see quick adoption of them in the market as it is very complicated & expensive to refine the engine then to add such features.
Motorhead23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 16:16   #14
BANNED

Does the TATA Punch get TPMS too?
Old 25th April 2023, 13:02   #15

Did you driven the Punch BS6 Phase-2 version? How good the performance is?

Most Viewed