Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2006, 02:00   #91
Senior - BHPian

well dude ive jus got my self a ford ikon 1.6 2000 model the cars in gr8 shape no problems except for average...so goin in for a 2nd hand ikon is not a bad idea.
i suggest u go in for an ikon1.6
Old 19th September 2006, 06:56   #92
BHPian

Second hand cars in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool
Hi,
i am also in the verge of buying an second hand car. took almost 3 months to decide the model. at present i am thinking of petra (siena new look) 1.6ELX.
@esteem_lover : can i know Anna Nagar dealer address as u mentioned him as a honest guy.
one more question is petra sales is good in chenai. coz i havent seen any petra in chennai as compared to pune.
Guys from Chennai or around,
If you are looking for a Second hand car, just drive straight to Mandaiveli TVS Used Cars. I bought a Santro 2002 with 45k mileage in odo exactly a year back for 2.1 lakhs. May be I might have paid a little bit more than if I had bought it from its owner. But TVS girl said (cute one got married and left the co already ) their strategy is to get only good cars with very good condition. They promise the tire to last atleast 6 months, if they are not satisfied they immediately change it. They give you one year warranty on engine and gearbox. Gives three free service. Although I did not care much about the service, I liked the way they handle the business.

Very clean, professional and no silly discussions. I paid 1.05 lakh upfront and took delivery of the car. The only bad experience is from ICICI Bank to sanction the loan rest of the 1 lakhs because of me an NRI. They took a week and still nothing happened. Then I said I will pay full money. But TVS directed me to Ashok Leyland Fin. Guy from ALF came, I signed the appln, and grabbed the car keys. The fin agent did not even submit the appln yet to the fin company and they just passed on the cheque to TVS.

Over all good experience. The problem is you wont have 200 cars to choose. You will see more santros, 800, few indicas, ikon and totally not more than 40.

By this Nov I complete the loan and going to sell the car to TVS again and trying to get an Accent CRDi or Qualis Diesel as I need a bigger car now with diesel.

Word of caution: Not sure about other TVS outlets though. But usually TVS has some good reputation and goodwill in whatever they do. You can not expect the same with other 2nd hand car dealers.

Happy motoring!
Old 19th September 2006, 22:04   #93
BHPian

i too have very bad experience while purchasing GTX, For all, surley pls be very cautious and care full and always concern some one who you trust and know well. Take help if you are confused.
It hurts man when all hard earned money is lost for some one else fault.
In Wheels business any thing is possible you cant imagine.
Old 24th September 2006, 21:41   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser
But TVS girl said (cute one got married and left the co already )
The best business pulling point for used car dealers
Old 27th October 2006, 16:33   #95
Senior - BHPian

I thought of posting my recent expereince here,

I checked used Innova Petrol G2 in Bangalore and when we checked fully we realized doors, few stuffs repainted ( since innova is huge car its expected in bangalore traffic), tyres were in bad condition and my mechanic said they will last for another 2000KM maximum, he advised me to check vehicle history in toyota service centre, when I checked 2 months back itself vehicle has clocked more than 32000 KM. I gave up buying that car now. I saw and heard many such experiences.. thats why
whenever I or my people buy used or new car I advise them to take good known person who understand cars very well and if we pay 1000 bukcs as professional fees to him its worth in it

I am dealing with still 2 more petrol innovas for sale and will post my experience soon.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 27th October 2006, 16:36   #96
Senior - BHPian

A day back I visited to see the Petra Petrol 2005 which is for sale, its in great condition, my relative is interested to buy this car, I am really impressed with Petra's quality, it has run around 17000KM.

vehicle owner is very honest and we checked the vehicle its in very good state.

Petra's rear seat's shoulder width etc.. stuffs bit small for me (181cm..) so
I am in two minds to buy this car for me, my relative might pick up this car for sure!

I again took my person who is used car dealer/consultant and he checked and certified the petra that it will be value buy.

Regards,

Ravi
Old 29th October 2006, 10:33   #97
Senior - BHPian

I just couldn't resist saying this. At what height were you 'flying' your machine? Sukhois, though are low height flying machines, butnot that low to smash your windscreen....he, he, he.

No offence meant pal. BTW, what did the breeze got to do while you decided to buy 'coconuts' for self?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47
I replaced my windshield some time back (thanks to a coconut tree and wonderful breeze) and got 100% for the glass. However, there was 50% depreciation for the sealant.
Old 29th October 2006, 15:50   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418
I just couldn't resist saying this. At what height were you 'flying' your machine? Sukhois, though are low height flying machines, butnot that low to smash your windscreen....he, he, he.

No offence meant pal. BTW, what did the breeze got to do while you decided to buy 'coconuts' for self?
Well, wind tends to knock coconuts down from a great height (ever wonder why tall ppl are called nariyal ka ped?) onto cars parked below! Simple fact of life. I generally avoid parking under trees if there are other manmade shelter options available, usually because of bird guano.
Old 11th November 2006, 05:59   #99
BANNED

Yesterday, I went to a TrueValue outlet to buy an Omni for my friend. There was a 2004 Omni in immaculate condition. The salesman told me that there was Disc brakes in Omni from 2004 onwards. But I couldn't feel any Disc braking responsiveness from that vehicle. So is he lying ?

How can I find out that whether there is Disc brakes in that Omni or is it plain Drum brakes ?

Is it possible to identify the existence of Disc brakes by underbody inspection ?
Old 11th November 2006, 08:32   #100
BHPian

Most of Used Car dealers/salesmen around are just plain shame to the mankind..really sorry for this comment but I have dealt with a lot of them and that too in US - a place where honesty/courtesy still exist in some portions. I can imagine how the salesmen in delhi or big metros would be. At least there is not so much of deciet here. It appears that they would like to be "crorepatis" overnight by just brutal cheating. The very thought of buying a used car sends some kind of quiver in body. Soon I will be on carhunt for either a new one or old one. It is just amazing to hear that we get cheated in buying new cars in india
Old 12th November 2006, 15:22   #101

why not have a second-hand car n bike sale site on this forum? I would definitely trust a bhp-ian for used car when i want to buy one. People wanting to sell their car/ bike can get the valuation done from a local buyer and post it on this forum; we can actually bid for a higher price. So both buyer AND seller are satisfied and happy.!!!
Old 13th November 2006, 12:46   #102
Senior - BHPian

You can do that in the market place section in this forum
Old 20th December 2006, 06:25   #103
BHPian

Hi guys,
I need your opinion on the following used car ad in bangalore:

Single Owner Fiat Uno 1.7D with AC 1998 Model. Very well maintained. All and any parts replaced are genuine. 80000kms done.
Following are the mods done;
1. Original FIAT Alloys 14" with Bridgestone Tyres.
2. Front and Rear Fog lights.
3. Rear Spoiler with LED light.
4. Llumar Tints on all windows.
5. Bright Head lights.
6. Sports front Grill
7. Original IND number plates from RTO
8. New Amaron Battery
All of the above at Rs. 1.3 Lakhs, slightly negotiable.
Old 20th December 2006, 08:59   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavj01 View Post
Hi guys,
I need your opinion on the following used car ad in bangalore:

Single Owner Fiat Uno 1.7D with AC 1998 Model. Very well maintained. All and .............................All of the above at Rs. 1.3 Lakhs, slightly negotiable.
Well, consider the price of an Indicar of a similar age although condition will be questionable. Uno D's cost around Rs 5L that time. I would aim for Rs 1 L considering that both car and engine are discontinued so parts will be difficult to source.
Old 20th December 2006, 15:13   #105
Senior - BHPian

yes 1lakh is right price for Uno D 1998 model If you see any doors or any parts repalced repainted you can further bargain and bring it down to 90K.

Its gives great fuel economy and real comfort compared with other new diesel cars.

Regards,

Ravi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks