Team-BHP - Poll: The Chevy Magnum or the Honda Civic?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Poll: The Chevy Magnum or the Honda Civic? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26266-poll-chevy-magnum-honda-civic-2.html)

I am petrol Head so Civic for me...

Hey on second thoughts, shouldnt this poll read more like Skoda OctaviaRS vs Honda Civic rather than Magnum Vs Civic....??? Definitely a mismatch.

Quote:

Who has a better workshop network? HONDA Which car rides and goes better? MAGNUM RIDES BETTER Which car has a better road holding? MAGNUM HAS BETTER ROAD HOLDING Which car has one of the best in class (or even a class above) seating space? MAGNUM AGAIN Which car has a lower running cost? MAGNUM AGAIN Which car is faster in roll-on accceleration? CIVIC IS NO MATCH FOR THE IN GEAR ACCELERATION THE MAGNUM BOASTS OFF WITH 32KGM OF TORQUE

Civic I guess.
Haha Where is that conclusion for, have you driven the Magnum? CHECK YOUR QUOTE WITH THE BOLDS I HAVE ADDED.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 498523)
Haha Where is that conclusion for.

The 60:40 that I see on top (the poll!!). Magnum in my opinion is an answer to almost all the questions apart from the final deciding factor, does Magnum have an H (thats not slanted) up on its noze.

infact it should be MAGNUM vs. OCTAVIA RS...!!!

1. Coz i test drove both extensively onthe same day.... and the magnum felt much more powerful and faster in acceleration....

2. although i checked the specs on paper and RS is supposed to be faster to 60 and to 100 then a MAGNUM.... but then why did the MAGNUM feel faster...?

3. Remember i m only talking about straight line accelaration... not bout cornering abilities etc...

4. In reality to 60 and to 100 which is faster MAGNUM of OCTAVIA RS...???

value conscious people would definitely go for magnum.. flamboyant people with extra change would go for civic.. magnum won't eat into civic sales, and civic wont eat into magnum sales.. IMHO i feel this poll is just academic.

i will buy magnum. and if i have the extra change, it wont be civic ;-) there are more hondas on the roads than auto rickshaws

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSV (Post 498400)
I am sure MANY would be swayed from the Honda camp! ;)

Heh-heh, the Honda camp per se, will NEVER be swayed! Having said that, I obviously voted for the Magnum in terms of VFM.

By the way, I've driven the Civic but not the Magnum (yet)..

(Well said Androdev & 1100D)

Honda CIVIC because honda is class apart.

if only.... honda had a diesel ..

a brilliant car with a brilliant A.S.S and now with improved interiors....i think honda civic all the way for me

I'd buy a Magnum because of two reasons - Diesel and the other is - GC.

If only Honda had better Ground Clearance.

Trust me BHPians this is the biggest flaw of and otherwise Flawless Car. I personally know so many people who have decided against buying this car because of the sole reason that the car smooches the potholes every chance it gets :)

Do you agree ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 498928)

Trust me BHPians this is the biggest flaw of and otherwise Flawless Car. I personally know so many people who have decided against buying this car because of the sole reason that the car smooches the potholes every chance it gets :)

Do you agree ?

Nope, don't agree. Don't go by hearsay. I own a Civic, have driven over 6000Kms in the last 5 months, mainly highways. Been on all kinds of roads, GQ, National, State and the worst roads possible which is near my house. It does not "smooch the potholes" every chance it gets. This is with 4 people and luggage that I'm talking about. The problem is with speed breakers and if you drive over it a little bit fast. If you are careful, then it doesn't hit it. It has a stiff ride however.

Biggest problem with the car is not the car itself but the lack of accessories, fog lamps, leather seats and lumbar support.

Quote:

Do you agree ?

There was a post sometime ago in the Civic thread that mentioned how one could increase the GC of the Civic with tyre/Rim options.

Basically i think the diesel engines have matured to a state where the argument that you cannot compare petrol and diesel vehicles is crap. You have a budget and certain wants - if you have a budget of between 10-13L, if you go with the feeling that i will not consider ALL cars that are available and will rule out a few because they are of a particular fuel type - that is a personal choice, but very few actually do that. Given performance and drivability to be comparable between the two fuel options (which was not the case some time ago) this is fair game. Its time that Magazines, and users get over this myth that you cannot compare a diesel vehicle and a petrol vehicle in the same class/performance!

Quote:

Its time that Magazines, and users get over this myth that you cannot compare a diesel vehicle and a petrol vehicle in the same class/performance!
Nope still the driving experience is different for a petrol and a diesel.So also cost per KM maintainance charges still are not the same.Going by what I have heard from a few owners its coming back a full circle now with petrols being better for city drives than diesels due to the turbo lag factor[ok that was a bit exaggerated]

Quote:

Do you agree ?

BUSA: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...driven-14.html

Honda India doesnot recomend 16inchers in India for the Civic because of the following reasons : -
1. Poor Roads hence high profile tyres
2. Cost of 16inchers
3. Fuel Efficency

However 16inchers have a few advantages over 15inchers like better handling, stability, braking, looks, car becomes faster since in one rotation you go more distance. The only drawback of 16inchers it that your ride wont be as good as 15inchers. Also since the Civic is postioned more as a Luxury car rather then a drivers car it has 15inchers wheras the RS is more of a drivers car then a luxury car. If you go for 205/55/16 i am sure you wont have any problems with suspension or anything as 16inchers will suit the car more. You GC will also increase. Going for 55 profile is not bad at all as it not too low a profile, the RS comes with the above size as standard. There are pics on this forum of a Black Beast (Baleno) with 19inch wheels and so often we see Skodas with 17inchers, does it affect the car, i dont think so. Its your call anywayz. If the roads near you assuming they are good since you stay on a hill station then you can go for the above size as the OD difference is not much just 0.1 All the best.