Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car would you choose?
Chevy Magnum 91 42.92%
Honda Civic 121 57.08%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2007, 14:56   #31
BHPian

civic gets my vote, plus its the Honda imagery
Old 13th July 2007, 17:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Well !!! I personally adore the Civics looks and I would have brought a Civic long back, its only what some of my friends advised me to stay away from the car because of the GC problem, if that is not the case, I would love to Own a Civic - White coloue - Now only if My finances were unlimited - sighhh , dreaming
Old 14th July 2007, 01:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Heart says to go for the civic.. But my head, and more importantly my purse directs me in the direction of the GM dealership,though onc i reach there i'll change my mind, (god im confused)!!!
Old 14th July 2007, 10:00   #34
BHPian

the magnum should be compared with the octie tdi , against th civic it oviously loses out to th civic's looks , packaging , interior ........... pretty much the whole thing
Old 15th July 2007, 11:28   #35
VMG
BHPian

Magnum. because of GC and better FE.
Old 21st July 2007, 01:39   #36
BANNED

hey guys, cmon..park both the cars together, now just look at them.which car stands out. i think u'all know the answer. then sit inside both the cars. then drive both the cars.i think buy now u guys know where i am inclined towards...CIViC man...i am not sayin magnum is a bad car. but then, when u buy magnum, evrybody knows that uve chosen economy over refinement. and please guys, if anyone can afford to pay 10 -11 lacs for a car, i think he can afford the running costs too. if i have spent that kinda money, i need a car which is refined, smooth, has great interiors too.eve if civic has low GC, it doesnt mean magnum is a better car because of its GC. Magnum vs civic...NAAA. Magnum vs octavia...thumbs up.

it wud only be gud for people, who want a d segment car and travel a lot. but only for city driving, you cant compare magnum with civic. end if VFM is your question. i bielieve in civic is a VFM car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Well !!! I personally adore the Civics looks and I would have brought a Civic long back, its only what some of my friends advised me to stay away from the car because of the GC problem, if that is not the case, I would love to Own a Civic - White coloue - Now only if My finances were unlimited - sighhh , dreaming

hey dude, i agree to your love for civic. but , if i had "unlimited finances" i wudnt even take a look at civic. there are pleanty more cars to buy with unlimited fianances... ferraris,porsches,bentleys,astons...etc..

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd July 2007 at 12:32. Reason: Consecutive posts within short period
Old 21st July 2007, 07:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I choose Magnum since in a Civic with Rs. 50 of fuel i can travel only 9 kms, wheras in a Magnum with Rs. 50 of fuel i can travel 20kms, so the diesel engine does flip it in the Magnum side, now only if Honda gets the CTDi the Magnum may face the hear.

If you're able to afford either of these cars, I don't think fuel efficiency is going to matter that much to you.
Old 21st July 2007, 23:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

IMO if magnum had its rear end similer to that of the old camry or the elantra,its would have been better looking ,atleast they match with the front end ,it would have also made the car to appear larger
Old 22nd July 2007, 02:59   #39
Team-BHP Support

To me the magnum is better VMF in the long run and it has excellent low end torque... once inside it does not feel like a diesel and the 0-100 timing of 10.9 seconds really puts it in contention... if only GM had given aluminium finished interiors instead of the garish fake wood inserts..
look wise it does not hold a candle to civic, but in terms of practicality IMO magnum is way ahead...
Old 22nd July 2007, 23:00   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
To me the magnum is better VMF in the long run and it has excellent low end torque... once inside it does not feel like a diesel and the 0-100 timing of 10.9 seconds really puts it in contention... if only GM had given aluminium finished interiors instead of the garish fake wood inserts..
look wise it does not hold a candle to civic, but in terms of practicality IMO magnum is way ahead...
hey, better value for money in the long run, what are u sayin. ita a diesel car,it may be value for money now, but not in the future. diesel cars look sweet in terms of vfm in the beginning. but they are no way close to the petrol in the long run. i know the new diesel engines are good but still, no way close to the petrol in the long run.
Old 22nd July 2007, 23:57   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
hey, better value for money in the long run, what are u sayin. ita a diesel car,it may be value for money now, but not in the future. diesel cars look sweet in terms of vfm in the beginning. but they are no way close to the petrol in the long run. i know the new diesel engines are good but still, no way close to the petrol in the long run.
Uh, oh... you just made a sweeping statement there. Now you better substantiate that. So what is your experience with diesels? For how long? Which car? Or if it is just a gut feeling do let the forum know that as well.
Old 23rd July 2007, 09:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
If you're able to afford either of these cars, I don't think fuel efficiency is going to matter that much to you.
Do you know why the Octy sells so much, only because its a diesel, runnning costs do matter alot, when your getting better performance from the diesel and the Civic's low end torque is pathetic, its a pain to drive a Civic in the City.

And the looks, how many times will you be admiring your car from the outside? If you are then your driver should be driving circles around you
Old 24th July 2007, 15:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE : Magnum is coming with 5 Speed Auto box to take on the Civic Auto and Octavia Auto
Old 4th August 2007, 03:45   #44
BHPian

What exactly are we comparing here? Other than pricing, I can't see the Magnum beating the Civic. Maybe I'm biased since I already own a Civic, but this is clearly a case of apples and oranges!
Old 4th August 2007, 12:23   #45
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
UPDATE : Magnum is coming with 5 Speed Auto box to take on the Civic Auto and Octavia Auto
Hey BUSA, could you advise what your source for this news is.

I too read about the same thing in Vicky's website where the author Karthi had quoted this from Autocarindia. Just wondering whether you got this piece of news from the same place or some place else.

It would be great to have another diesel automatic, which is more VFM than the Octy.

regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks