Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2023, 18:07   #31
BHPian

re: Tata reveals Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier & Safari

I feel like Tata needs to change that logo. Looks too outdated and ugly on the steering wheel imo. M&M has a much swankier logo now (it was decent even before). That and the quality of plastic on the steering wheel needs to change as well.
siren373 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 18:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Another idiotic attempt by TaMo. Wake up and pull up your socks, your nearest competition is leagues ahead in innovation and practicality.
And they couldn't even new logo for flagship model. Even with safety 5 star, terrific diesel power, 3oo doesn't stand near to the "outdated,sluggish AMT bloated Bolt" sells much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
Couldn't agree more. While the heart is sold on Safari as my next upgrade, but the brain says to go for XUV7OO, as it's more feature packed and more powerful.

Tata needs to learn from it's competitors (esp - Mahindra) on making vehicles desirable & future proof. To the point of being repetitive, safari needs following (to start with, and then add more): Upgraded engine with power figures to match XUV7OO, 4x4, better tuned steering, LED headlamps, better infotainment system, Stable ADAS.

If it had a 4x4, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Reminds me of original safari's ads - "Reclaim your life".
Bhpians demanded to get ADAS, 360Deg view, better touch screen and Tata has provided. If Tata doesn't believe in 4X4, why would they insist.
"Reclaim your life " is good Advt and the success ended right the commercial. Safari is overhyped and never sold well for whatsoever reason.
Even if , right tomorrow TML launches 4X4 Safari, we would then ask something else more or crib over the QA. So, why work on something when you don't believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant View Post
The editions are good, I think it is a good move to refresh some tiny things here and there. But TATA is going too far now. Instead of all these new editions, they should work upon their after sales service and their fit and finish. Because, a consumer is more kneen on peace of mind and anyday will choose that over a fancy edition.
Newer Editions are from Product and Marketing team and they are doing well.
Customer Sales and Service is another department. One does very well and other is trying hard. Every attempt of some other teams needn't be hampered with some other not so performing team.
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 19:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
Bhpians demanded to get ADAS, 360Deg view, better touch screen and Tata has provided. If Tata doesn't believe in 4X4, why would they insist.
"Reclaim your life " is good Advt and the success ended right the commercial. Safari is overhyped and never sold well for whatsoever reason.
Even if , right tomorrow TML launches 4X4 Safari, we would then ask something else more or crib over the QA. So, why work on something when you don't believe.
1. I believe 4x4 was also an outstanding demand, not just from BHPians, but general public as well. Why are 4x4 versions of Scorpio-N & XUV7OO selling then?
2. Any company needs to have a halo product which usually pulls customers into the showroom. This builds brand value. True SUV heritage asks for 4x4 capability.
3. Customers asking new things leads to new product development/improvements in existing product. it is the original product flywheel concept. Nothing new with that. It helps build companies competitive advantage. If that was not the case, tata should have stopped product development at indica and sierra.
4. I believe it's pure laziness (avoiding extra effort) that stops Tata from doing 4x4 versions (Since 4x4 might need re-arch or use of a different engine, not sure of exact reason here)

Will stop here, do not want to derail the thread topic.
P.S. Tata Hexa and Safari were the top choices for car that I wanted to buy, ended up buying a different car due to circumstances. Waiting for safari 4x4 to launch, else might end up buying XUV7OO instead.
LordSharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 22:49   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph11 View Post
I am confused, when Tata is offering all the new features in the dark edition itself, what else will they offer in the facelift which is due. Shouldn't have these features launched with the facelift itself?
Well when is the facelift coming?
Old 22nd February 2023, 01:57   #35
BHPian

What a lively discussion/debate!
I am sure TaMo is working hard with their facelifts, Curvv, Ayinya and all that.
But one thing I wanted to point out is that they should price their products right. Look at what they did when XUV400 price was announced. It is really in bad taste.
As the Joker would say "M&M has shown the true color of TaMo to the public". (at least for the higher segments)
Old 22nd February 2023, 11:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Tata has been very smart to not offer the 4x4 in their lineup. Its so much lower cost to not have this.

Costs saved
  1. Unit economics cost of a low selling model
  2. Sales Training costs
  3. After sales inventory costs
  4. Vendor management costs
  5. After sales training costs and risks of bad PR in case of poor repair
  6. Reduced reliability compared to 4x4 vehicles

The Thar will soon have more 2WD vehicles than 4WD vehicles on road.
2000rpm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 17:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors has launched Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier and Safari.

- The Nexon, Harrier and Safari Red Dark editions are based on the top-spec variants.

- Red Dark Editions get black exterior with red bits

- Safari, Harrier Red Dark Edition get ADAS

- Nexon Red Dark Edition gets features like air-purifier

Tata teases Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier & Safari. UPDATE: Revealed-20230222_171253.jpg

Tata teases Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier & Safari. UPDATE: Revealed-20230222_171344.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 22nd February 2023 at 17:15.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 17:15   #38
BHPian

Details on Nexon Red Dark edition.

Link :

https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/n...n-red-dark.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Tata teases Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier & Safari. UPDATE: Revealed-9d2c99a3bacd4f36939eef633eb98fa0.jpeg  

Tata teases Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier & Safari. UPDATE: Revealed-0f4506cafe5d45058c93bc170b60994e.jpeg  

Tata teases Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier & Safari. UPDATE: Revealed-d4a78999b6454fba93f93a80be7d875e.jpeg  

Tata teases Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier & Safari. UPDATE: Revealed-c8bf84cd7aec472e982206cedd7db4ee.jpeg  

Tata teases Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier & Safari. UPDATE: Revealed-5ff8efb35ab44a9bb93c92dce16b4e27.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 18:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Motors has launched Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier and Safari.
Press Release

Tata teases Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier & Safari. UPDATE: Revealed-smartselect_20230222180831_drive.jpg

Tata teases Red Dark Editions of Nexon, Harrier & Safari. UPDATE: Revealed-smartselect_20230222180844_drive.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 18:17   #40
BHPian

As per the website, Jet, Kaziranga and Gold variants of the Safari are withdrawn. Only remaining are regular, Dark, Red Dark and Adventure. Also, the prices mentioned are starting prices.

XZA+(O) - the variant with ADAS, starts at 24.xx lakhs with the top variant being 25.01 lakhs of the Red Dark 6 seater XZA+(O). That translates to a premium of 2 lakhs and above for the new features and ADAS without Adaptive Cruise Control. I'm glad I didn't wait for this since the most important functionality of ADAS, the ACC, is missing. The remaining feature additions are good to have though, but not absolutely necessary.
tp_dominator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 18:27   #41
BHPian

If i go as per prices available online, this means that a Harrier is now as expensive as Mahindra xuv petrol ax7l - which is just bonkers. God knows what stuff are people at Tata consuming.

Last edited by arsh9191 : 22nd February 2023 at 18:30.
Old 22nd February 2023, 19:43   #42
BHPian

I am happy I didn't wait too, of you go through my review of my Zagros (Safari) you will find points which I liked have been over ruled due to update.
1) Physical buttons, I love having physical buttons for all functions , the ICE could be operated without touching the screen mostly due to physical buttons which were a breeze.
2) ADAS is in effective and was not much of a requirement
3) Memory function, we rarely use this on our other car which has this function and quite frankly I find now the physical adjustment to be much faster than the electrical one but that's beside the point.
4) Sunroof Light nice, liked the thought process, thought I usually keep even the roof lamp in off state since it is dark, so going with the theme but liked the thought process.
5) Odometer in Digital , mixed feeling about this
6) 360 cam, more hype than utility I have front came integrated function into company ICE works like charm

Premium over existing model definitely not worth it.
iskandariya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 19:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Meet the Red Hot Dark Edition.

Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 20:55   #44
BHPian

IMO, Tata has priced it sensibly, as the feature distribution is neat with their variants.

Suppose one doesn't want the ADAS suite, which is priced at a 1L premium. In that case, they can simply get their hands on the XZ+, which is already feature-loaded like 360 deg camera, ventilated seats, JBL speakers, wireless charger, electronic parking brake, auto irvm, etc., In contrast, people opting for XUV have been forced to take the Lux pack to have all the features mentioned above with a premium of around 2L from the regular AX7 variant.

So people who hate these ADAS features or don't want to invest their money in this developing tech for Indian roads might see the Harrier/Safari being reasonably priced.

I do know that Harrier/Safari lacks in features like LED lamps, ACC, AWD, and mediocre steering. Though the duo misses those features, their variants are spec'd well.

I don't know about the exact specs of XUV, but as per their brochure, is it true that AX7 variant comes with ADAS tech mandatorily?
Maxton07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 21:40   #45
BHPian

Though I am not gunning for the ADAS(Don't have that kind of funds), hoping that my pending booking for Safari materialises with the new instrument cluster and infotainment. In my opinion both look better and hopefully have better functionality. As per my understanding these will be a part of the lower specced XZA+ variant.

Fingers crossed and hopes high.
FLYBOYSID is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks