Team-BHP - Corsa Swing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Corsa Swing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2629-corsa-swing.html)

Guys
How is the Corsa Swing for regular use?

Can I give it a thought along with Palio Diesle when I am shopping for a car? The opel.co.in site says the price of the car in Hyderabad is 5,85,000. As this is not a fast moving car, can I expect good discounts on it? The other cars in the Corsa family look feminine.

What is the milage of this car?

Thanks

Satish

Well Satish.. the mileage has to be between 9-13... this is wat i think..
Abt the discounts.. well u have to pursue the dealer. and for the regular city use..that 90 bhp engine looks good! Infact... many dealers... give u alloy wheels instead of discounts.. those chrome plated alloys.. or the normal ones:D

Satish,

You will get some good deals on the Corsa Swing. But its a very expensive car to buy, own and maintain. The only good thing about the Swing is the ride quality.

GTO

Satish

The Crosa Swing is quite a flexible car and is pretty good on long journeys. Its well engineered too and the fit and finish is typical German.

But parts are expensive the engine isnt the modt fuel efficient around and I've heard a lot about Corsas having overheating problems.

Happy shopping

Dippy

Sathish,
i would go with the Palio D. its a diesel and also looks much better than the corsa swing. But hey, at the end of the end of the day its a matter of personal choice. what i find attractive might not appeal to someone else. so its better to trust your instincts. For eg i bought a bolero just for its jeep like character which i like. many of my friends think my choice is dumb.
-Chaxy

corsa has nothing going for it except for ride quality. even it's looks are so dated. The corsa in Europe looks much better. Opel is dumping a old car here. The engine says 90 bhp but the performance it lethargic. Opel anywaz is not known for making fun to drive cars.
I would rather go in for the Palio. Looks better, almost on par ride quality, better handling, better fuel efficiency, cheaper to service and maintain. It's better in all respects.
Dump the corsa, go in for Palio.

amit, i hear that palio's (sorry fiat's) service record is quite bad. Even worse than Opel's (GM's) which is also bad. Besides when you live in mumbai (potholes, speedbreakers and all) and are transporting someone other than racing enthusiats ride quality might just be more important than the spunk the palio displays.

Dont get me wrong. I have driven a friend's Palio S10. It is a very sweet car but i dont get the opprotunity to expolit it's potential that often in mumbai.

Hi Satish,
I would suggest you to go for Palio as I myself had been pondering over the issue of getting myself either Swing/Palio/Santro....and did some research myself alongwith test drives of all these vehicles. In this basis I can definately say that PALIO is the best bet out of these.
Infact if you are looking at spares also, Palio spares comparitively are cheaper than Swing or Santro.Infact you can get an idea on the same by logging onto Fiat web site (fiat-india.com).

About their service, Fiat has taken up the matter seriously and are chopping off the dealers/A.S.S who had given them bad name and appointing new ones.
I infact rcvd calls from Fiat Mumbai office(I am based in Kolkata) assuring me of the same. And nowadays I am seeing more Palio's on road here!! That surely speaks by itself. And BTW am going for Palio myself and am in the process of finalising the deal.

my impression is that the swing is more comaprable to the fiat weekend and the sail is the one the palio competes against. not that this changes much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (navin @ July 08 2004,12:41)]my impression is that the swing is more comaprable to the fiat weekender and the sail is the one the palio competes against. not that this changes much.

LOL, true Navin,

I also noticed that it was a rather huge pricewindow Arijit was looking through.
However, this is a realistic scenario of an indian car buyer.
People considering the C-class might end up with an octavia, because at the end of the day it is a personal equation of various factors in differring proportions that makes the decision.

cya
R