Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 15:03   #16

Re: 2023 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Last week my friend took delivery of 2022 make V manual for ~ 12.8 with some freebies. That is a good deal according to me.
That’s a great price to get the V variant. Any idea which city the dealer was able to offer this price? I could not bring down the price to less than 13.5 in Coimbatore with any dealer.
FiFo_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 15:29   #17
BHPian

As a long term City customer, I still can’t find a product that matches the no-nonsense nature of the Honda. There’s nothing in the segment that offers the same amount of space, ease of driving, reliability and premium feel that this car offers. No wonder Honda has not messed with the formula.

Our 2018 CVT is getting tired after 5 years of daily city beater duties and it looks like the Hybrid will be the 5th Honda City we welcome into our garage.
revsperminute is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 16:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
As a long term City customer, I still can’t find a product that matches the no-nonsense nature of the Honda. There’s nothing in the segment that offers the same amount of space, ease of driving, reliability and premium feel that this car offers. No wonder Honda has not messed with the formula.

Our 2018 CVT is getting tired after 5 years of daily city beater duties and it looks like the Hybrid will be the 5th Honda City we welcome into our garage.
No offence mate, but on one hand you talk about reliability, ease of driving, premium etc. On other hand you say it's getting tired after 5 years of daily running. Isn't a car suppose to get better and better with daily runs (assuming that it's serviced and maintained properly)? Could you elaborate your (car's)situation?
MyLife_MyCar is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 16:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
No offence mate
Could you elaborate your (car's)situation?
None taken.

I’ll try to phrase it in a better manner. My car is used everyday be it rain or shine on Bombay roads. My kind of usage brings with it potholes, unscientific speed breakers, broken and patchy Tarmac, street parking in city centres, giving the keys to valets, creeping along in traffic for hours on end, driving in the monsoons. Moreover, this is the car I developed my driving skills in and so it bore the brunt of a hot-blooded teenage driving enthusiast. And we only do the required maintenance on the car. It’s not detailed, we don’t have PPF on the car etc. I don’t slow down to crawl across speed breakers like I have to in my German sedans.

So, the car has lost its ‘newness’. Although there are no rattles and the engine-gb feels like I took delivery yesterday, the car has some scars to show that its mettle has been tested. However, it remains a fill it-shut it-forget it car.

We also have a few Germans in the garage and I assure you they would crumble if used in the same manner. In fact, having my Honda City allows me to enjoy those machines on the open roads where they belong.

Hope this answers your question.

PS- The car has covered 6Xk kms and it has been driven on the highway for >1k kms during its life so far.

Last edited by revsperminute : 9th March 2023 at 16:39. Reason: Grammar
revsperminute is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 17:06   #20
BHPian

Thanks team for the preview of the facelift. Any comments on the following points?

1. Any effect on the driving characteristics of the engine Post RDE update (akin to Suzuki's K15B vs. K15C)

2. Any changes in general NVH

Or can we assume these aspects remain unchanged from the pre-facelift version?

Last edited by Romeo_Mike : 9th March 2023 at 17:35.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 18:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiFo_ View Post
That’s a great price to get the V variant. Any idea which city the dealer was able to offer this price? I could not bring down the price to less than 13.5 in Coimbatore with any dealer.
This was in Kannur, Kerala. Please note that it was 2022 Nov manufactured model.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 20:04   #22
FNM
BHPian

This City Facelift looks good. It is is car I would consider purchasing, only concern being the CVT. I am used to driving TC cars. How does the CVT fare in terms of brisk overtaking. Is it satisfactory, or does one have to plan overtakes?
Old 9th March 2023, 21:20   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
This City Facelift looks good. It is is car I would consider purchasing, only concern being the CVT. I am used to driving TC cars. How does the CVT fare in terms of brisk overtaking. Is it satisfactory, or does one have to plan overtakes?
You've got to plan the overtakes. Also be ready to deal with a lot of noise if you floor the accelerator. The power delivery is slow, but very predictable. There is also a sports mode and paddle shifters to ease things a bit. You'll get used to it after driving for sometime.

City drives on the other hand are soothing. Gear changes are imperceptible, there is enough low end torque (better than turbo engines before they go into turbo mode), and driving sedately rewards you with good mileage.
Old 9th March 2023, 21:37   #24
BHPian

Present facelift looks better. There is no question about the reliability and engine technology. ZX has lot of good to have features. However, I could not enjoy the driving my colleague's city ZX (2021 model) as my head was brushing the roof.
Old 9th March 2023, 22:32   #25
BHPian

Hi, is there any improvement in the nvh levels and build quality ? Have seen Gagan's video and he has mentioned that the build is a bit more solid when compared to the pre facelift version. Is it true ?
Old 9th March 2023, 22:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
How does the CVT fare in terms of brisk overtaking. Is it satisfactory, or does one have to plan overtakes?
If you’re overtaking a vehicle going ~60 Kmph, there’s no planning required. The throttle is quite lively when accelerating from speeds upto ~80 Kmph. In case you need to overtake someone who is already doing >80Kmph, I find it best to ‘downshift’ so that the engine is around the 4K rpm mark. Also, if you’re going to overtake quite often, leave the shifter in S mode.
revsperminute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 22:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
Hi, is there any improvement in the nvh levels and build quality ? Have seen Gagan's video and he has mentioned that the build is a bit more solid when compared to the pre facelift version. Is it true ?
Could well be a placebo effect because of the ‘facelift’ hype in what can be best described as ‘mods’ to exterior and addition of ADAS in non hybrid variants, as there is no such mention in the team-bhp review. I have gone through other reviews as well and nothing to suggest this improvement.
CArspeed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 23:34   #28
FNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
If you’re overtaking a vehicle going ~60 Kmph, there’s no planning required. The throttle is quite lively when accelerating from speeds upto ~80 Kmph. In case you need to overtake someone who is already doing >80Kmph, I find it best to ‘downshift’ so that the engine is around the 4K rpm mark. Also, if you’re going to overtake quite often, leave the shifter in S mode.
Thanks for that. Good to know.
FNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 09:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
The City still remains the most no-nonsense sedan of choice for any buyer. There's no DSG to worry about, no Turbo charger to deal with & good quality interiors for the price.
Agree and largely depends on the perspectives too. For the reason you mentioned alone, it remains the most boring too from my point of view. There is not a single wow factor, 1.5 VTEC stands no chance against 1.5 Turbos from a performance perspective.
But it’s definitely a practical choice.
Old 10th March 2023, 12:59   #30
BHPian

Honda is one of those brands, and City one of those products, that you can buy with your eyes closed. No niggles to worry about, no issues whatsoever that make you a frequent visitor to the service center, the fit and finish everywhere is remarkable and isn't an eyesore unlike a few others, and it's a car that can adapt seamlessly to the highway or the city. The CVT has been tuned flawlessly and it masks everything negative that the said transmission is known for, and with the paddle shifters it's a breeze if you want to drop a gear and do those quick overtakes. The S mode is perfect for those highway runs where the tarmac is clearly visible for a good stretch in front of you.

Not taking the name of any brand or product in particular here, but the way some folks have been dealing with issues week in week out with their new cars is unfortunate, and it makes me feel great about the decision to get this a year or so back. If I were to be saddled with visits to the service center for something or the other, it would have eaten away at the enjoyment I derive from owning a car. Clocked 11.8 k kms so far and my only visits to the service center has been for my scheduled service.

My only gripe with Honda has been that they could provide a better set of tires as stock, especially on the top variant. I changed mine on the day of delivery and the Continental UC 6 has been serving me well so far. Would be thankful if anyone had any other recommendations for my next tyre change, which isn't an immediate concern of course, but would be good to know if any other fellow 5th gen City owners have gone for upsizing their tires or plan to. Currently running on 195/55 R 16, and I do want to go for 205/50 R 16 next, but I've been told the size is an odd one and may not be always available in case an immediate replacement is required at any time. Any inputs are very welcome!
BrakeDancer is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed