Team-BHP - drag races at navi mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   drag races at navi mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2634-drag-races-navi-mumbai.html)

Hey guys I was going through some old threads and i remember someone saying something about drag races being held at navi mumbai [img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img] How do U know when and where these races are gonna take place and how do u enter 1?

I dont know the dates, but can tell you that they take place on the palm beach road most weekends.

GTO

usually happens at Kharghar...when? i dont knw...

Its been a while since anything has happened at Kharghar that I know of (at least 4 months). Heard there was an accident last time there was a drag.

The grey zen that whipped everyones asses at the Speedrun (Team FS) was a regular at the drags there.. and did I read somewhere the owner is also on here? Guess he could tell you how you could get to race.

kk thanks guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (zen @ July 02 2004,19:52)]Its been a while since anything has happened at Kharghar that I know of (at least 4 months). Heard there was an accident last time there was a drag.

The grey zen that whipped everyones asses at the Speedrun (Team FS) was a regular at the drags there.. and did I read somewhere the owner is also on here? Guess he could tell you how you could get to race.

Yes there was an accident,a stupid accent driver got carried away and rammed into the circle at the end of the road.
i was there.
never heard after that

Yeah,its been a while since a proper drag took place......The last drag which took place was at Kharghar in March,where the cops hustled out the cars and bashed 3 guys with fancy cars and fined them for 5000rs each.A second incident happened with a couple of friends of mine,who were racing on the Bandra-Sion road and were caught by the cops and jailed that night.They also seized thier cars....A Lancer and a Opel,both of em souped up and wildly modified.......But i guess they got the car after bout a week or so........on 1 condition that they remove all modifications and drive it stock,which they did......And yeah,the Cops also got the car cross-checked from the Company after the exhaust,free flows etc were extracted.........
Anyways,its a long story.........
Drag da car,n da cops drag ya in the jail
Laterz!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]But i guess they got the car after bout a week or so........on 1 condition that they remove all modifications and drive it stock,which they did......And yeah,the Cops also got the car cross-checked from the Company after the exhaust,free flows etc were extracted.........

Thats some pleasant news. Its good to hear of Indian cops getting serious about their duties and actually becoming more knowledgeable about the modifying scene. The cars got impounded, the modifications stripped and the owners fined and put behind bars. Sounds like a scene straight out of San Diego (California - A city notorious for its street racing)

I had to read the post twice to make sure that you were talking about Indian cops. Way to go, Pandus!!

GTO

Looks like the "mamas" are finally doing their job properly!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (gTr @ July 03 2004,14:29)]Yeah,its been a while since a proper drag took place......The last drag which took place was at Kharghar in March,where the cops hustled out the cars and bashed 3 guys with fancy cars and fined them for 5000rs each.A second incident happened with a couple of friends of mine,who were racing on the Bandra-Sion road and were caught by the cops and jailed that night.They also seized thier cars....A Lancer and a Opel,both of em souped up and wildly modified.......

[img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img]
now this is really scary .
i was thinking of going to Rio Design very soon and get my car side skirts,a vent on the bonnet and a really loud spoiler,which wud look like a spoiler.
wat mods did these guys have to get bashed by our @$$% pandus.

thats news !!!

dont worry speed ...the mamus wont take u out if u have the skirts and spoilers and air vents .... the only thing they are concerned is the loud noise from the exhaust .

i got pulled up once in santacruz for the reason that i had a free flow and was making a lotta noise. there is no such rule that a exhaust shud make noise below a certain decibel ( atleast im not aware of it ) .... the guy xplained to me ....with a fictitous rule book , i asked him how much , he said 100 , i gave 50 , matter settled , off we went. the next time he saw me crossing he actually waved at me !!!!

so the cops just want a quick buck !!!

but try not to race or make them hear ur exhaust note and u will be fine . i was hauled up 2 years earlier in vashi, in my stock santro just becoz i took when the signal turned green with a screech of tyres. the cops actually chased me , stopped me and thought i was a terrorist !!!!
man they seem to watch and get inspired by too many hindi movies.

so drive in a line, dont over rev if u have a free flow and dont take off with tyres squealing and u will be fine .......

we can always do the racing , tyre squelaing , over revving stuff when we go on long drives or when there are no cops around

cheers

actually, there is a rule about the noise levels of indian cars. the sound should not be more than 103 decibels at 3500 Rpm measured from a distance of 10m from the car.

There is a rule which says that any car making louder noise from its exhaust as compared to a stock car is illegal.
i had written to indiacar's Dr.parishca.
2 years ago my car was the only car in mulund with a free flow.now there are a lot of bike walas with their own exhausts which has caused a nuisance ,also there are others also who have installed free flows in their cars and have crashed it on the very first day while testing.
so i am really careful when i see cops and shift ointo 5th gear at anything above 30kph and go into Economy mode.
anyways i have dropped my mod plans,and wud go for a simple tire change with alloy rims.

Hey speedsatya,u can obviously go in for the mods on ur car,as they r quite a few modded cars then they were bout a year back......so no hassles bout dat.....think bout the cars wit graphics like the green grasshopper honda at the drag!!! *
they r the 1z who shud be stayin away from the paandus!!!

as far as the cars i spoke bout r concerned,they were RACING.I mean driving like crazy,over-taking at high speeds,screechin around and that too in the night wen its the noise pollution levels are really low.....

LAterz!!

gtr,
u really scared the nuts out of me.
the grasshopper car was awesome,i had seen KS who had cum in a lancer.
but still i have dropped my original plans and go for something moderate as i feel going for a vent on the bonnet wud only dirty my filter more sooner.
going for side skirt in a zen is a big risk as i dont think it wud last for many days.
so the only thing reamining are the bumpers and the spoilerplus the alloy wheels.
so i have decided instead of showbaazi i will go for a set of alloy7wheels and invest in sum plugs and plug wires.