Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2023, 18:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kia Sonet Diesel manual variant discontinued

Kia has announced that the Sonet Diesel MT variant will no longer be available. Customers looking for a diesel manual will be offered the Diesel iMT variant instead.

Kia Sonet Diesel manual variant discontinued-product1631711757979b465b.png

The Sonet is available with three engine options. The 1.5-litre diesel engine develops 114 BHP and 250 Nm and is now paired with a 6-speed iMT and 6-speed automatic.

The crossover also comes with a 1.2-litre petrol engine paired with a 5-speed manual transmission and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit that puts out 118 BHP and 172 Nm. This engine is mated to either a 6-speed iMT or a 7-speed DCT.

Kia has also revised the prices of the Sonet. The 1.5-litre diesel variants now cost Rs 50,000 more. The prices of the petrol variants have been increased by Rs 25,000, while the Petrol HTX DCT trim costs Rs 19,000 more.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 15th March 2023 at 18:06.
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 08:24   #2
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet Diesel manual variant discontinued

Some people have very high percentage of highway usage and very low city usage (like me). They would mostly want a manual. If I were in the market to buy a diesel manual, and if only iMT is available, I would look elsewhere.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 11:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Some people have very high percentage of highway usage and very low city usage (like me). They would mostly want a manual. If I were in the market to buy a diesel manual, and if only iMT is available, I would look elsewhere.
If my highway usage is more, why would the manual suit me better ? Manual or Auto or iMT becomes irrelevant when driven on highways right ? Asking because I was looking for an Auto car (due to knee pain), but my primary use case would be highways. Am I missing something ?
DieselAddikt is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 16:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
If my highway usage is more, why would the manual suit me better ? Manual or Auto or iMT becomes irrelevant when driven on highways right ? Asking because I was looking for an Auto car (due to knee pain), but my primary use case would be highways. Am I missing something ?
Firstly, for the sake of simplicity. Simpler mechanics, lower chances of breakdown and better reliability in the long run. More affordable, since the price would be lower. If I were to drive an automatic throughout a 500 km one way trip, I would easily get bored. Personally, I am still in my late 20s, I prefer manual, and I hope I can manage with a manual for a decade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks