Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2023, 15:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

VW Taigun & Virtus updated with new features; prices hiked

Volkswagen has updated the Taigun and Virtus with RDE-compliant engines. Both cars also get new features.

VW Taigun & Virtus updated with new features; prices hiked-2021vwtaigun01-6.jpg

Volkswagen now offers Auto Headlights and Auto Coming Home and Leaving Home lights on the 1.0L Highline and 1.5L GT variants of the Taigun, while the Virtus gets rear fog lamps as standard across all variants.

VW Taigun & Virtus updated with new features; prices hiked-2022vwvirtus12.jpg

The Taigun and Virtus are powered by a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that makes 113 BHP and 178 Nm as well as a 1.5-litre TSI motor that put out 148 BHP and 250 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic and 7-speed DSG.

Volkswagen has also announced a price hike of up to 2% across its product range effective April 1, 2023.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 16:40   #2
BHPian

Re: VW Taigun & Virtus updated with new features; prices hiked

Are there any more features going to be part of VW Taigun? Like improved reverse camera ? 360 degree camera?
kumarprabhatn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 17:22   #3
BHPian

Does this mean their India 2.0 products sold till now were not E20 compliant? I know the manual states only E10, but seeing their confident participation in the E20 rally in Bangalore gave me the impression that those cars were already E20 ready.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 17:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Volkswagen now offers Auto Headlights and Auto Coming Home and Leaving Home lights on the 1.0L Highline and 1.5L GT variants of the Taigun, while the Virtus gets rear fog lamps as standard across all variants
No powered seats as was predicted earlier then.

The things that Taigun and Virtus really need are a powerful AC and reliable power windows. Auto headlamps are a fancy people can live without!
pannags is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 18:14   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
Does this mean their India 2.0 products sold till now were not E20 compliant? I know the manual states only E10, but seeing their confident participation in the E20 rally in Bangalore gave me the impression that those cars were already E20 ready.
I read somewhere that MY23 models are E20 compliant. Don’t remember the source however. MY23 cars are those manufactured August onwards if I am not wrong and mentioned in the chassis number of vehicles
steadfast is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 11:58   #6
BHPian

So apart from the compliance aspect, nothing has really changed. The features mentioned were already present in the top trims I believe.
I was expecting a bit more from VW, but I think that's how they roll.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
No powered seats as was predicted earlier then.

The things that Taigun and Virtus really need are a powerful AC and reliable power windows. Auto headlamps are a fancy people can live without!
I just needed front parking sensors on virtus. Powered seats without memory function aren't much of use. The ones in the new Verna are frankly useless.
apramey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:24   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
I read somewhere that MY23 models are E20 compliant. Don’t remember the source however. MY23 cars are those manufactured August onwards if I am not wrong and mentioned in the chassis number of vehicles
This was always a bit of a grey area. My take is that had the cars already been E20 compliant, they would not have felt the need to make this release. Or, they could have openly said that all MY23 cars are E20 ready. Since they did neither and are advertising compliance only now, I’ll have to say that it is only now that VW’s 1.0 and 1.5 TSi engines are compliant with E20 petrol.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:43   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
This was always a bit of a grey area.
Agree, grey area! I personally feel that knowing their rigid corporate philosophy, VAG would have ensured E20 compliancy a few months back, but not announced as the pilot models needed to pass the rigorous tests first.

From what I have read, they passed the tests sometime in January / February 2023, but then waited for the PM to formally inaugurate them in March.

A couple of references:
https://www.autocarpro.in/news/indus...n-114070?amp=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zig...23/%3fis_amp=1
Old 23rd March 2023, 13:50   #10
BHPian

A concrete solution to the AC cooling issue would have been a warm welcome rather than the feature additions which are far less essential. Also a 360 degree camera atleast in the Topline trim would have made the customer feel better value for the money spend over the highline trim.

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 23rd March 2023 at 13:55.
VishnuNarayanan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 14:02   #11
BHPian

Agree... a 360 camera and different looking wheels on the Virtus would be welcome. To be fair this isn't the MY2023 car yet.
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 14:33   #12
BHPian

Got a confirmation from my sales advisor that March 2023 manufactured cars are RDE and E20 compliant. However, price increase is applicable only from April 1. If you get hold of a March 23 car and get it delivered before 01-April, you will get a E20, RDE compliant car at current invoice price only.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 00:15   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Auto headlamps are a fancy people can live without!
Just live with a car that has auto headlamps and auto wipers for a few years and they will become absolutely indispensable. This has become a must have feature for me. I honestly don't recall when I had changed the setting from Auto to anything else.
Maverick1977 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 09:46   #14
BHPian

But my question is what are the new features added on Topline AT? Went through brochure and news online nothing I can identify
Old 24th March 2023, 12:10   #15
Senior - BHPian

Virtus GT is hands-down the best looking sedan car for me, any day! It's got classy and pretty Jetta feels whenever I see one.

These are small features but very functional ones. But, not a standout to be called out as feature addition and make an announcement for it is what I honestly feel. Just my opinion
gururajrv is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks