Team-BHP - accidents on the expressway
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   accidents on the expressway (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2639-accidents-expressway.html)

hey guys,
the monsoon just tends to separate the ordinary drivers from the best. and the place to watch this is surely the mumbai-pune expressway. on my way back from pune yesterday, i saw not less than 15 accident stricken cars on the expressway. From small cars to trailer trucks, u had all of them. I guess mother nature's way of telling us to drive safely.

One sad sight for any car lover is to watch damaged cars, it gets even worse when u see a bunch of damaged cars together. On the twisties around lonavala, a trailer truck was seen on the side of the road banged up against the hillside. On further inspection i saw that inside the trailer were the mangled remains of brand new Tata Indicas going to dealers for delivery. It was sad to see the kind of carnage caused by a single mistake from the driver of the trailer truck. it was a lot of twisted chassis and damaged bodywork. As i was travelling in the Volvo bus, i could'nt see much of it, all i could see was the 2 indicas at the front had been heavily damaged with what looked like badly twisted chassis, a complete writeoff for the company im sure. I just hope the car companies teach their delivery drivers to drive safer in the future, especially during such bad weather conditions on the road.

Drive safe.

Salil.

i agree, on my most recent visit to pune, i saw a totalled indica lying midway of the road, in the divider area. what seemed to have happened was , must have been running fast on the outside lane, lost a tyre or lost control, but the passenger shell seemed very intact. one can only hope the passengers were intact. majority of accidents though were those of trucks and i in my utmost faith doubt the drivers and their machinery. what was also surprising that i saw all of none volvo truck/trailers on the expressway. it seems they all take the old NH4 highway, the Volvos would be very comfortable to drive on the twisties and also to save the heavy toll on truck/trailers on the expressway. but Volvo does have a driver training program for their trucks, if only other manufacturers would follow suit and truck owners be less ignorant about their machinery. but sigh..a lot is left to be desired.

I agree Ported and Salil.

Butttttttttttt another factor working against the drivers of outdated Tatas/Leylands is the pathetic driver environment and condition. These chaps are made to do long distances in the minimal amount of time which equates to them driving without sleep, and letting the cleaner boys drive when they do sleep.

Next - the engine throws out unbearable heat in the drivers cabin, rockhard seats, dysfunctional wipers, over-used tyres and age old designs. Result? Disaster.

GTO

Now wouldn't a Volvo truck with a A/C cabin do wonders?? I woulcn't mind being a truck driven then!!!

Regards...
Shan2nu

yeah shanty,

throw in a pretty good music system too.

the worst accident that happened to a friend of my moms , he was abt 120 kmph in the overtaking lane coming to bombay.....in the evening ( dusk ). and as he goes around a turn he goes bang into a stationery indica ( in the overtaking lane) .

the car was there becoz the occupants were on the green grass in the space on the divider enjoying the breeze !!!

how callous can these guys get maan...no parkers ..nothing on. park in the overtaking lane , go sit on the grass and enjoy the breeze ?

thank god , moms friend was in a palio. escaped with minor scratches. but he still not confident to drive after that !!

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the car was there becoz the occupants were on the green grass in the space on the divider enjoying the breeze !!!

how callous can these guys get maan...no parkers ..nothing on. park in the overtaking lane , go sit on the grass and enjoy the breeze

[img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img] *i cannot imagine anything more stupid than this...really! How much damage to the palio? Did they have a verbal or not? *

Bombay pune Expressway:

Seen cattle relishing plants on the road divider.
Cycle guy talking to a bike guy while enjoying the ride I suppose.
A family of six crossing road with their belongings including cycles and goats.
Family waiting for a lift from any kind hearted truck driver..

i too have been a witness
and almost experienced one .
me and my friends were in my friends car - accent and my dad and his friends were driving the ikon.
now all my friends like my dads driver to drive as he is the fastest .
as he was driving we wnt into one on the tunnels at around 140 - 150 but for some reasonthe tunnel was wet and there were repairs going on in the overtaking lane
and as usual the repair guys didnot put any warning so we had to brake suddenly causing the car to skid .
luckily we were saved from hiting the wall thnx to my driver nevertheles the cars bumper touched the wall .
we got out safe but from then we have never gone over 180 in the dry andin tunnels its been below 100.
in the wet its never over 120 ...
btw
the worst thing is when all these drivers stop on the side of the road just to take pics.
this causes some inconvinance to the truck wallas

btw
i may go to pune this weekend
plase wish me all the best
i will try to get pics if possible

Hey Lambo,

I'm heading to Pune this weekend too. You \going for work or play?? lol

maybe we can meet up there, or atleast drive up at the same time?

Rtech

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ July 12 2004,15:47)]Bombay pune Expressway:

Hey Rudra,

I saw this on the way back from our mahableshwar trip as well.
I was quite ammused, but then also realised that the guy whos job it must be to cut the grass must have struck a deal with his friend "you help me do my job and i'll feed your cows" lol

R

hey lambo

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]i will try to get pics if possible

remember this..
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the worst thing is when all these drivers stop on the side of the road just to take pics.

drive safetly ...better late than never

have a safe trip

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] cannot imagine anything more stupid than this...really! How much damage to the palio? Did they have a verbal or not

rj,

after that a verbal the palio was a goner pal...i dont think he even got it repaired...went to the junkyard ..i guess...

cheers

Bombay pune Expressway:

Cycle guy talking to a bike guy while enjoying the ride I suppose.
A family of six crossing road with their belongings including cycles and goats.
Family waiting for a lift from any kind hearted truck driver..

[quote]

still bombay pune expressway is the autobahn of india
and its a pleasure to cruise on it....and such cases are rare cos there is constant patrolling on the experessway..and two wheelers are not allowed on it.
cheerio

A scene on the golder quadrilateral.....

A bullock cart in the overtaking lane....coming head on in the opposite direction...