Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which Honda Car which got discontinued yesterday do you miss more ?
City 4G 100 29.33%
WRV 31 9.09%
Jazz 210 61.58%
Voters: 341. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2023, 21:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3 cars from Honda officially discontinued today!

Being a Honda fan and owner of two cars from their stables from their glory years, its really said to see where the car maker is now. Just two models from such a legendary car maker? Its nothing shot of a joke to be honest.

I have owned a Gen 1 Type 2 City in the past and currently own the 8th gen Civic. Both cars along with others from their model range had so much character and aspiration. There is none of that now.

The new City might be a great car package but it doesn't tug at the heart strings like the Hondas of the years gone by.Same goes for the Amaze.

Reality is that cars like the Brio, 1st gen Amaze and the Mobilio diluted the brand completely. I remember seeing how cheap the interiors of those cars felt. It was cost cutting everywhere. And I don't mean to offend owners here. The BRV was a Mobilio with cosmetic surgery.

I feel Honda pulled the plug on the new Civic and CRV too soon in India. They should have sold it with price corrections. They were still great cars. But Honda thinks otherwise.

Now Honda is gearing to launch an SUV that is set to be a Creta rival. But I don't see any hope for that either . It really has to have strong USPs to take on the likes of the Creta Seltos and others in the segment. They are just too late to the party. It wont sell with just the 'H' badge on the nose.

Sad to see the Jazz and WRV go. Not giving an AT box to the WRV was another lost opportunity.
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 14:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3 cars from Honda officially discontinued today!

Honda management over the last decade has done everything possible to make sure that the brand is destroyed. The management decisions should be seen as a case study for the industry on how effectively a very strong brand can be shred to pieces.

The latest directions we see from Honda looks like a different and heartfelt attempt at revival though, at least on theory;
Trim down operations by letting go lower end products.
Pull operations to positive figures.
Bring back the 'aspirational' value by having their flagship products in the lineup (Even at the risk of being CBU's)

There is also this rumour that the Honda will focus only on premium models and the line up will start with the City. This should bring Honda back to where it really belongs.

Time is of essence. Honda has already lost a lot in that term, and really hope they pull things back up.
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed