Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 17:22   #61
BHPian

Re: TOI: Audi A3 to take on corolla, civic?

It would be very odd to see an A3 with boot. Audi are very keep to place themeselves as posh-knobs and I doubt they would dilute their clearly defined A1/A3/A4/A5/A6/A8 range by introducing an A3 saloon. A3 comes with plenty of boot space as there is a version that's half way there to an estate - it's a bit like A4 estate, only smaller. A3 is a lot smaller than a A4 - I found it rather cramped for shoulder/elbow space compared to a normal Ford Focus and I think they share the same platform even. Recently if felt even smaller now that I am used to a Honda Accord. It's snug fitting car - and of course, solidly built too. But I dont' think any of their engines are that inspiring though. New A5 is kick a*se though - nice looking cars, especially in white.

Once I was at an Audi showroom to look at a 2005 A3, and when asked about something, the posh looking guy started talking to me saying 'Here at Audi...', I gave him the look, and needless to say I didn't buy the A3 off him. (I bought an Accord instead).
Old 9th August 2011, 12:23   #62
BHPian

The reports may not be entirely unreliable - A3 with a boot that is; In the August issue of Top Gear India, I found that BMW is planning to launch 1 series hatchback, and very likely a 1 series sedan as well. They had given a rendition of the same as well. Similarly, they mentioned about a Merc B class sedan, and Audi A3 sedan, the latter a hatchback with a boot. All expected to be priced between 18-25 Lakhs, in the Superb/Passat segment.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:47   #63
Senior - BHPian

The Audi A3 will not in any way compete with corolla or civic or anything in that range, size wise expect it to be similar or a little smaller and will not be under 19.xx ex-showroom in India, if anything these new premium compact sedans will perhaps create a whole new market just like the Fortuner did.

Take articles from news papers in india with a grain of salt as most mislead the general population of our country.

Regards,
Old 29th December 2011, 21:55   #64
BHPian

Audi has announced that India shall be the debut market for the A3 Sedan 'in 2012':

Audi Outsources The Dirty Job Of Buying The A3 Sedan | The Truth About Cars

Audi A3 sedan launch awaited in 2012 in Indian auto market | Rush Lane
Old 29th December 2011, 22:21   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
Thanks for information looking forward to this car.
Another India first launch and world later. Audi says it wishes to compete with BMW but with which BMW, 320d CE at price point? It wont sound good as A4 is direct competitor to 3 series, so where would A3 stand out.
3 series is in for replacement with speculation that there might just be 318d too for lower price point which would easily sound much better A3. 2012 is looking very good for prospective customers in 20+ lac category.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks