Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2023, 23:30   #16
BHPian

re: Top spec Citroen C3 Shine variant, now launched at Rs 7.60 lakh

They’re only midway there. There’s still no sign of an automatic. The average Maruti buyer would never consider a C3 instead of an Ignis or Swift, as it’s never going to have the resale value of a Maruti. If they want to capture the attention of the urban buyer, they must offer an AT out at least an AMT.
one-77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 23:36   #17
BHPian

Absolute disappointment that they are bringing it just now. Why do I feel this is going to be a failure if another European manufacturer’s understanding of the Indian Consumer. They are bringing the new variant just when a slowdown might be imminent in the Indian Car market when a lot of the you g folks have already made a switch to a new car.

Recently while buying the i20 N8 DCT, I had contemplated about opting for Citroen’s Turbo 110 HP Manual alternative. It is a great engine with a very nice manual gearbox and a fun suspension. Its just the feeling that only two weeks back, I decided to not go ahead with the Citroen because of its sheer lack of very sensible features that every car at the price point must get.

The sheer lack of features killed our interest at home. I could not find much information on Citroen’s future plans at the time so I scratched it altogether.

That aside, as an overall proposition, C3 Turbo with a more feature loaded trim seems like an fun manual contender to the Enthusiast’s hatch niche currently monopolised by i20 Turbo + (DCT/iMT).

(Note: I probably still would have gone for the N Line DCT given the car just has so much to offer. I absolutely love my i20 and I have no second thoughts about the choice I made. Its a hoot and I grab every reason I can to get on the wheel. Only disappointed that Citroen is so late to the party giving C3 a much deserved better equipped variant)

Last edited by Eddy : 7th April 2023 at 00:46. Reason: Merged
SixPistons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 18:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
It looks like it, but can you verify this is your dealer’s lot and your dealer didn’t send you images of a bunch of cars destined for export? Just throwing around a theory; the shipyard in media images looks somewhat different from these images so they are probably genuine.

In any case, good to hear although too late. If specced like it is in Brazil the C3 could be an excellent rival to the Celerio. Maybe it wouldn’t appeal to your average Maruti buyer, but it would certainly have the image of a global product. As currently specced it is in no man’s land and if I’m honest even this variant is not enough.
Dealer says it is from dealer yard only. Also a 7 seater will be launched on April 27th.
VRSriram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 16:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Citroen C3 Shine variant launched.

Quote:
Citroen introduces a new Shine variant of the C3 starting from Rs 7.60 lakhs and goes up to Rs 8.92 lakhs (ex-showroom).

New Additions :
- Electrically adjustable ORVM
- Rear parking camera
- Day/night IRVM
- 15-inch Diamond Cut Alloys
- Front fog lamps
- Front& rear skid plates
- Rear wiper and washer
- Rear defogger
- Connected car technology
Top spec Citroen C3 Shine variant, now launched at Rs 7.60 lakh-20230413_164256.jpg

Top spec Citroen C3 Shine variant, now launched at Rs 7.60 lakh-20230413_164259.jpg

Top spec Citroen C3 Shine variant, now launched at Rs 7.60 lakh-20230413_164302.jpg

Shine – Rs 7.60 lakh
Shine Vibe Pack – Rs 7.72 lakh
Shine Dual Tone – Rs 7.75 lakh
Shine Dual Tone Vibe Pack – Rs 7.87 lakh
Turbo Shine Dual Tone – Rs 8.80 lakh
Turbo Shine Dual Tone Vibe Pack – Rs 8.92 lakh

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 13th April 2023 at 16:58.
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 16:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Top-spec Citroen C3 Shine variant launched at Rs 7.60 lakh

Citroen has introduced a new top-spec variant of the C3 called the 'Shine'. It is priced in the range of Rs 7.60-8.92 lakh (ex-showroom).

Top spec Citroen C3 Shine variant, now launched at Rs 7.60 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230413-4.16.21-pm.jpg

The top-of-the-line 'Shine' variant comes equipped with 13 new features. These include electrically adjustable ORVMs, a rear parking camera, day/night IRVM, 15-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, front fog lamps, rear skid plates, a rear wiper, a washer and a defogger. It also gets 35 connected features that are part of the My Citroen Connect app.

The Shine variant of the Citroen C3 is powered by a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 81 BHP and 115 Nm and is paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. The crossover also comes with a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine that makes 109 BHP and 190 Nm. This engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Top spec Citroen C3 Shine variant, now launched at Rs 7.60 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230413-4.16.21-pm-1.jpg

The Turbo variants get additional safety features like ESP, Hill-Hold, TPMS and Engine Auto Start/Stop. The car also comes with 35 connected features that are part of the My Citroen Connect app.

Citroen C3 updated ex-showroom prices:

• Live – Rs 6.16 lakh
  • Feel – Rs 7.08 lakh
  • Feel Vibe Pack – Rs 7.23 lakh
  • Feel Dual Tone – Rs 7.23 lakh
  • Feel Dual Tone Vibe Pack – Rs 7.38 lakh
  • Shine – Rs 7.60 lakh
  • Shine Vibe Pack – Rs 7.72 lakh
  • Shine Dual Tone – Rs 7.75 lakh
  • Shine Dual Tone Vibe Pack – Rs 7.87 lakh

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 13th April 2023 at 18:10.
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 17:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Top-spec Citroen C3 Shine variant launched at Rs 7.60 lakh

A case of too little, too late?
Let us see how the market reacts.

On the other hand, the Citroen India website proudly claims it has been awarded the world urban car award. But isn't that for the European C3 which rides on a completely different platform and not the cost-down CMP India architecture? Are we witnessing the likes of a re-run of the Renault Captur ad claims of yeteryears?
Attached Thumbnails
Top spec Citroen C3 Shine variant, now launched at Rs 7.60 lakh-c3.png  

arjab is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 17:14   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The top-of-the-line 'Shine' variant comes equipped with 13 new features. These include ............... day/night IRVM, .........
Finally!!!
A day-night IRVM in a premium sporty hatch.

Now just add a shine++ variant which adds Tachometer, and people who miss the polo GT have something to consider.
Old 13th April 2023, 17:23   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
A case of too little, too late?
Let us see how the market reacts.

On the other hand, the Citroen India website proudly claims it has been awarded the world urban car award. But isn't that for the European C3 which rides on a completely different platform and not the cost-down CMP India architecture? Are we witnessing the likes of a re-run of the Renault Captur ad claims of yeteryears?
The CC21 platform is sold in Brazil and India. The world car awards website literally has a Tamil Nadu number plate C3 in high resolution for download. So the platform is for the CC21 and not the different looking EU C3.
aim120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 17:45   #24
BHPian

Is this not trickling down to eC3
Old 13th April 2023, 17:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The top-of-the-line 'Shine' variant comes equipped with 13 new features. These include electrically adjustable ORVMs, a rear parking camera, day/night IRVM, 15-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, front fog lamps, rear skid plates, a rear wiper, a washer and a defogger.

The Turbo variants get additional safety features like ESP, Hill-Hold, TPMS and Engine Auto Start/Stop. The car also comes with 35 connected features that are part of the My Citroen Connect app.
This is a good update but still I’m unable to figure out what Citroen is thinking. Once you got the feedback what was really missing in your package, you should come with the fix wholeheartedly. There are still this childish MID with no tachometer and lack of auto gearbox. At least in the turbo range, one top variant must come with these two additional things.
neochanger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 18:08   #26
BHPian

Why do Citroen launche the C3 in a bit by bit manner? Perhaps they hooked the marketing team of Tata motors, which was at the helm during the launches of Nexon and Altroz. Anyway, they are very brave to think that customers would wait for these updates.
Old 13th April 2023, 19:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
But isn't that for the European C3 which rides on a completely different platform and not the cost-down CMP India architecture?
It is 100% the Indian/Brazilian C3 (CC21). Probably says more about the awards than it does about how responsible Citroën’s marketing team is.

Very glad to see ESC and TPMS. Still waiting for ISOFIX and three-point belts for all like the Brazilian one.

But I don’t think this is enough to attract a lot of buyers. All Citroën is doing is eliminating what were outright deal breakers. What they have to do now is add some “deal makers” and frankly besides offering massive discounts I don’t see what they will or even can do.

Last edited by ron178 : 13th April 2023 at 19:26.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 19:57   #28
BHPian

Re: Top spec Citroen C3 Shine variant, now launched at Rs 7.60 lakh

I couldn't help but notice that the official images of the interior of Shine variant only got 2 pedals even though they don't offer any automatic variant here.
Siddj38 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 22:20   #29
BHPian

They are really dragging their feet to launch the AT variants of C3. Maybe they want to push people to buy the automatic C3 Aircross than C3 (it will be super crazy if they do a C3 there too)

I'm guessing an September/October launch of 'Shine Plus' variant with
  • Automatic Climate control
  • 4/6 Airbags (for GNCAP)
  • Better Audio system
  • More colours
  • 16" wheels
  • Disc Brakes
  • Auto Headlights & Wipers
  • ADAS (although i think they will limit this to the top Aircross)
Then do ATs in C3 in December 2023.

Last edited by ComboCutter : 13th April 2023 at 22:28. Reason: typos
ComboCutter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 22:35   #30
BHPian

So they're still not offering LED headlamps even at the price tag of 10 lakhs. That's ridiculous.
blueather is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks