Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2023, 12:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Top spec Citroen C3 Shine variant, now launched at Rs 7.60 lakh

How many of you actually drive around looking at the tacho? I certainly don't. There's a certain feel to the engine that defines my shifts, not some visual feedback from the instrument cluster. I would be quite happy to drive a car or bike without a tachometer.
gsferrari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 12:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
How many of you actually drive around looking at the tacho? I certainly don't. There's a certain feel to the engine that defines my shifts, not some visual feedback from the instrument cluster. I would be quite happy to drive a car or bike without a tachometer.
Sorry, but you alone cannot define a segment feature. You may not need a particular feature / information while you drive, others may and that's something important for the OEM to consider. Manual vs Auto IRVM prism could be another case in point, it takes less than 5 seconds to raise hand and flip between day and night mode manually, yet Auto IRVM is a feature which is appreciated well by buyers and OEMs are fully aware of it.
i74js is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 12:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Sorry, but you alone cannot define a segment feature. You may not need a particular feature / information while you drive, others may and that's something important for the OEM to consider. Manual vs Auto IRVM prism could be another case in point, it takes less than 5 seconds to raise hand and flip between day and night mode manually, yet Auto IRVM is a feature which is appreciated well by buyers and OEMs are fully aware of it.
Who defines segment features?

Citroen has always been weird. This is another example in a long history of oddball designs and goofy cars. Are you seriously telling me you stare at the tacho throughout a drive?

Please be sorry because I am one example of someone who doesn't require a tacho to competently drive a car or motorcycle.

I am sorry you cannot do the same. Nobody held a gun to your head asking you to buy anything.
gsferrari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 13:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Who defines segment features?

Citroen has always been weird. This is another example in a long history of oddball designs and goofy cars. Are you seriously telling me you stare at the tacho throughout a drive?

Please be sorry because I am one example of someone who doesn't require a tacho to competently drive a car or motorcycle.

I am sorry you cannot do the same. Nobody held a gun to your head asking you to buy anything.
Exactly, who defines the segment features. If a OEM can omit some features and can give a better suspension and comfort what is wrong in it. Why should every car be same let there be some choices for customers. If Citroen gives all the said segment features and their USP of better suspension then it will be tagged as over priced..
skpprabhu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 19:27   #50
BHPian

Too little but still not too late. Common Citroen, plonk an ACC, tweak the headrests, place decent tweeters in those vacant slots, and redesign the instrument cluster in the next feature addition. Going by this rate, we will definitely have a proper top variant next year. More than the Citroen folks, some of us at T-Bhp want this car to survive.
Cheers
Kuldeep31 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed