Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2023, 21:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Are you driving a fuel sipper? Share your miser's fuel efficiency numbers here

All of my 3 currently owned cars are fuel sippers.

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel MT
Distance Covered - 206000 kms
Highest fuel efficiency - 28.5 kmpl on a Delhi-Jaipur trip with avg speed of 90-95 km/hr
Lowest fuel efficiency - 20.5 kmpl in very heavy rainy Delhi traffic
Lifetime Efficiency - Approx. 23.5 kmpl
Driving mix - 70:30 ratio of city & highway respectively with 15% heavy traffic

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Diesel MT
Distance Covered - 98000 kms
Highest fuel efficiency - 25.5 kmpl on a Delhi-Jaisalmer trip with avg speed of 90 km/hr
Lowest fuel efficiency - 17.5 kmpl in very heavy rainy Delhi traffic
Lifetime Efficiency - Approx. 20.5 kmpl

Honda City e:Hev Hybrid
Distance Covered - 10500 kms
Highest fuel efficiency - 28 kmpl in 90% city driving with avg speed of 35 km/hr with occasional trip efficiency of more than 29 kmpl
Lowest fuel efficiency - 23.5 kmpl on a pure highway drive with 4 people on board and avg speed of 90-95 km/hr and during the very 1st tankful after purchasing the car which involved lots and lots of idling time and maniac driving
Lifetime Efficiency - 26.5 kmpl
Does approximately 850 kms on a full tank of petrol which is about 32 litres only.
This car has seriously lowered my running costs in the past 6 months.
kush812 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 09:31   #32
BHPian

Re: Are you driving a fuel sipper? Share your miser's fuel efficiency numbers here

My 2018 Verna CRDI
Car Age - 5 Years
Current odo - 44xxx
Highway effeciency is a whopping 25 kmpl if driven below 100 thanks to the 6th gear
City FE is not very impressive ( Below 10 kmpl) courtesy the horrendous Mumbai traffic due to ongoing metro / water / new bridges construction work! Average speeds are around 12 kmph
Attaching a snap from a Mumbai - Surat drive I did in February!
Attached Thumbnails
Are you driving a fuel sipper? Share your miser's fuel efficiency numbers here-9bb99d62bd04462fb886d88017416dac.jpeg  

Are you driving a fuel sipper? Share your miser's fuel efficiency numbers here-d3bf2e42a4ac4cfdb380a5a6d9e6822a.jpeg  

Eco_boost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 09:45   #33
BHPian

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5317186 (Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review)

A GT TSI owner here.I had already reported this earlier but once again I get 14 plus in city drives with very gentle acceleration from stand still and very less sudden braking.

In highways above 18 and a max of 24 kmpl with 100KMPH cruise locked and the car slotted in manual mode 6th gear as for some reason in auto mode unless we cross 110 or 120 it will stay in 5th gear hence shift to manual and slot the 6th gear.
Old 8th April 2023, 09:49   #34
BHPian

I recently up (or down?) Graded from a 2 litre skoda octavia diesel to a hyundai venue 1 litre turbo petrol.

Over the octy's 7 years I did 67000km, 90% in Mumbai traffic, at an amazing 15 km per litre average, with a relatively light foot (I'm the kind of guy who drives at 79 kmh on the sea link and 80 kmh on the mumbai pune expressway). It spoilt me, I tell you! And no better car to drive, too, according to me!

Now the Venue... 3300 km till now, almost all in the eco mode, and struggling to get to 12 kmpl, unless driven with an extremely light foot! In traffic, I get less than 8 kmpl with ac, though bandra worli and back in the early morning gives an average of 20 kmpl. Hyundai really needs to work on its in traffic city mileage for sure!
Old 8th April 2023, 10:10   #35
BHPian

My 2021 Maruti Brezza ZXi+ Mild Hybrid 1.5L Petrol AT gives a highway mileage of 20 KMPL (tankful-to-tankful calculation). I drive 100% on AC and mostly at 70-80 KMPH. However, in City, since I drive totally 4-5 Kms/day in 3-4 trips, it gives just 8 KMPL.
Old 8th April 2023, 10:24   #36
BHPian

Two Hondas, one petrol and one diesel.

Honda City Gen 4 Diesel (sold). In pure city drives it never gave below 16kmpl. Mix of city and highways was always 20+kmpl. And cruising on highways only, I have seen it consistently deliver 28+kmpl. It was so frugal to run. The usual DTE for our usage of 70% city and 30% highways was 900kms.

It was replaced by Honda Jazz petrol. The 1.2ltr iVtec naturally aspirated engine is super efficient. Similar use case as the City, pure within city drives give us 16kmpl. Mix of city and highways is 19-20kmpl and highway cruising gets 24-25kmpl. The advantage is the refinement coming from the noisy iDtec.

My other car is petrol Hyundai Verna and it tells the Hondas- Jahan meri efficiency khtam hoti, wahan se tum shuru hote ho
(My efficiency ends where your numbers begin)

Verna only manages 11kmpl in city, 13kmpl in mix conditions and 16-17kmpl on the highways.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 10:37   #37
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Vento TDI DSG: 12-16 kmpl in city
18-24 kmpl on highways
8-12 kmpl on hills
Best I got was 29.5 kmpl coming downhill from Narkanda

Superb TDI DSG: 9-12 kmpl in city, 4-10 kmpl after engine rebuild (4 because bangalore)
14-20 kmpl on highways, 14-18 kmpl after rebuild
Unfortunately the Superb lost it's opportunity to see Uttarakhand after spending all it's life in the south as it was sold before the trip was made.
Best it did some runs to Kanpur and Bareli.
I can bet that proper hill efficiency wouldn't have been half bad

Waiting for the Scorpio N to show up. There is a ton of ambiguity from the results online
Some people say 8 and some say 21 while classic Mahindra MID shows 99 kmpl but it's actually 5 kmpl
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 10:43   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Tata Nexon Diesel MT 2019 (BS4).
The lowest number ever seen on the MID has been 23KMPL. I don't know if the MID can show lower numbers .

(And the Polo GT - well it will feature in the other thread of gas guzzlers . I am never going to scroll the MID to mileage counter in that one!)
Actually, You can get a very good number in the MID if driven properly but yes its a gt and its supposed to be driven hard so no surprises in getting bad numbers.
Old 8th April 2023, 10:46   #39
BHPian

My Mercedes CLA 200d gives me very good mileage of 15 kmpl in the city and 20kmpl on the highway.

Jeep Compass 2.0 diesel gives, 14kmpl in the city and 18 on the highway.
Old 8th April 2023, 10:50   #40
BHPian

2008 Civic with a Lovato CNG kit done about 180K Kms.
City : The minimum in bangalore's not at all manic traffic has been 13Kms/Kg
Highway : The lowest I have recorded is 19Kms/Kg with Five people and luggage climbing up to bangalore from Kerala.
Highest I have recorded is 32Kms/Kg on a Bangalore to Hyderabad run with two adults and luggage,average of 90-100Km/Hr
Average highway Mileage is around 24Kms/Kg with two adults and luggage.
Precision is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 11:03   #41
BHPian

I was looking for more figures from the Hybrids actually. Maybe, they just need to get into the groove and get used more.

As far as my contribution to this topic goes,

S-Cross 1.6 Diesel

Lowest efficiency this car can give. My dad drives with a heavy right foot, averaging 130 or 140 in highways.

In city, the FE was 12 or 13 while highway FE was 19 or very rarely 20. That 20, was achieved by the sedate driver in the family, me. No disappointments actually, because we have had impromptu races, high energy drives, bursts of power. The 1.6 diesel was efficiency/fun/power king.

Compared to that, Kicks turbo gives 10 or 11 in the city and 15 in the highway when i drive. When my father drives, the FE numbers refuse to rise over 13.5 or 14. The fact here is, if the vehicle had immense power instead, i would have been happy. It doesnt. Not having power similar to that of Scross and not giving similar mileage atleast, really ticks me off
shresan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 11:33   #42
BHPian

My two cents

Lowest Running Cost Cars in my Garage are -

1. Toyota Hyryder (Strong Hybrid) S - Petrol
Returns an average of 26-26.5 KMPL in the summer till now, with 100% AC and mix of city + highway drives

Was giving upto 27-27.5 KMPL in the winter without AC usage in similar conditions
Used for over 16000 kms in 5 months of purchase

2. Toyota Innova Crysta GX - Diesel
Returns an average of 13-13.5 KMPL in the city with short commutes with 100% AC

Was earlier giving 14-14.5 KMPL with 100% AC with mix of highway + city running.
Aniket03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 11:46   #43
BHPian

The two cars which are regularly used daily:

Hyundai i20 Active 1.2L SX Petrol MT (2017):
Gives a max of 7-9 kmpl in the city and a max of 14 kmpl on the highway. This is the car that's high on comfort, but low on both performance and fuel efficiency. Head-scratching car.

Maruti Suzuki Brezza ZXi+ 1.5L Mild Hybrid Petrol AT (2023):
Being just under 1000 kms and with a change in engine components recently, this car's not finished it's running in period yet. Still it's already giving an impressive fuel economy of around 10-13 kmpl in the city and just under 19 kmpl on highways. Mild Hybrid showing its full impact, though I know some forum members deny that it's a hybrid, lol.
Helps that I drive with a relatively light right foot in the city and with cruise control at 75-80 kmph on flat highways.

I always have AC on, all windows rolled up and Android Auto showing both VLC and Google Maps at all times - in both cars.

Last edited by Small Bot : 8th April 2023 at 11:58.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 12:03   #44
BHPian

I drive Baleno 1.2 petrol, my car consistently gives me 15-16 kmpl in city and around 18 kmpl on highways even after 7 years with 100% AC (I never drive with my windows down).
Max I have achieved is 27.5 kmpl while driving between 60-70kmph on some rural highway.
Old 8th April 2023, 12:07   #45
BHPian

Where are the strong hybrids?

Our Hyryder V:
Are you driving a fuel sipper? Share your miser's fuel efficiency numbers here-hyryder_v.jpeg

It doesn't like very short drives. But anything longer than 10 KM - its hard to get a mileage under 20 Kmpl.

The following are all Bangalore city drives more than 10 km in bumper to bumper traffic . Best I have got is 30.8 Kmpl from Indiranagar to Whitefield in peak rush hour traffic
Are you driving a fuel sipper? Share your miser's fuel efficiency numbers here-city_mileage.jpeg

We did a trip to Coorg recently and did a Tank to Tank measurement for the round trip and got a decent 22.2 Kmpl.

TBH, I think diesels should be held to a higher benchmark than the petrol due to its intrinsic nature which makes it more fuel efficient and not to mention the lower cost of diesel

Last edited by curiousElf : 8th April 2023 at 12:08. Reason: Fixed a sentence
curiousElf is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks