Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2023, 12:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Baleno RS recalled over a defective brake part

Maruti Suzuki has recalled over 7,000 units of the Baleno RS sold in India over a defective brake part.

Maruti Baleno RS recalled over a defective brake part-2017marutibalenors01.jpg

According to the carmaker, 7,213 units of the Baleno RS manufactured between October 27, 2016, and November 1, 2019, are affected by this recall. The cars are said to have a possible defect in the vacuum pump.

The vacuum pump assists the brake function. Affected vehicles may require increased effort in brake pedal application.

Maruti Suzuki dealers will reach out to owners of the affected vehicles for the replacement of defective parts. The parts will be replaced free of cost.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 23rd April 2023 at 12:49.
TusharK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 18:05   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno RS recalled over a defective brake part

Am a little surprised that the recall is for cars manufactured between 2016 and 2019 considering that many of the cars have already been on the road for more than 6 years.

Is it that there were no issues with braking during this time, or were these issues covered up by the company and not allowed to reach the public domain? Why was there a need to issue a recall now, after all this while?

Also, I find it strange that there are no other posts on this topic despite its presence on the home page for a few days now. I would have thought that a post on a potentially deadly flaw in an otherwise unsafe car would have elicited a lot more responses.
Old 27th April 2023, 06:27   #3
BHPian

Hello members,
Just wanted to share that my car was also part of this recall. Infact I reached out to Nexa RR nagar in Bangalore on 25th. They took some time and later confirmed that my car was indeed part of this recall. They also said they have received 10 parts only and they could give me a slot for replacement. Car was picked up by Nexa staff on 26th morning and the car was returned by 3.00 PM same day. Had requested My SA for some photos and he kindly obliged. Haven’t felt any noticeable difference in braking aspect as such. All in all, this recall was handled pretty well.
Maruti Baleno RS recalled over a defective brake part-312cdbda1f36438c8fee179cf5791946.jpeg

Maruti Baleno RS recalled over a defective brake part-1e686051ae684fc3933aac8900dbbf24.jpeg
RahulRV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 13:32   #4

I just got replacement done in my car. The process was pretty seamless and total time taken from pick up to return was 3-4 hours. ASS representative could not elaborate on specific defect that caused this recall.

However, what really surprised me was the proactiveness of various ASS involved, at least in my case. I got intimation call regarding the recall from the NEXA dealership I purchased the car from. Having moved to different city and state (Gurgaon) since, they got pick and drop arranged from Gurgaon NEXA ASS without any intervention from my end. All in all, pretty happy with the way it was handled.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th April 2023 at 15:03. Reason: spacing and formatting
Old 13th May 2023, 11:27   #5

I got it done couple of weeks ago.

Somehow it feels less confident in braking now. The car obviously slows down but I feel that earlier I couldn’t press the brake pedal down more for heavier braking but now it just stops towards the end and feels weird.

Should I get it retested?
Old 16th May 2023, 15:22   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushaKing View Post
I got it done couple of weeks ago.

Somehow it feels less confident in braking now. The car obviously slows down but I feel that earlier I couldn’t press the brake pedal down more for heavier braking but now it just stops towards the end and feels weird.

Should I get it retested?
Hello, Could you elaborate more about the weird feel you were talking about?
After my car's replacement I haven't noticed any decrease in braking power although I'm feeling that ABS is kicking in a bit early in sudden braking conditions which wasn't the case earlier.
Old 21st May 2023, 06:44   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
Hello, Could you elaborate more about the weird feel you were talking about?
After my car's replacement I haven't noticed any decrease in braking power although I'm feeling that ABS is kicking in a bit early in sudden braking conditions which wasn't the case earlier.
That seems like a plausible reason. The weird feeling I get is only when I apply the brake a second time in quick succession. The first time it works the same as earlier.

In the second time, the brake pedal sort of blocks itself and I cannot press it down further. Though the car does slow down, as a driver I don’t feel very confident when this happens.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks