Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2004, 03:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

No, even i couldn't believe what i did... had to when the reading came up. 1.02 Gs in the Zen MPfi. Initially I was like
[img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img] but then the counter wouldn't just trick my eyes, would it. After all its not every day that you really get to measure your performance and time it to a 1% inaccuracy level. But hell it had to be it, it wasn't faulty and i had paid for it wholefully and with a back-up warranty. And yet it took sometime to get to reality that yes my car had pulled 1.02 Gs on the counter. Now that would be close to terrorizing the Skyline's performance on a track. And this wasn't even the track, it was the parking lot of a Mumbai residential complex... but hell i did it......

..... in.....

..... my newly acquired....

.......GTech Pro Performance meter

.... pulling 1.02 Gs

..... in a stationary car

..... by just pushing the counter downwards with my hand

Have a nice day

Revv

P.S. Will come with a whole review on the GTech Pro and its "power packed" performance update in a month's time.

Meanwhile i'd start preparing for a better thought out and well written April fool's thread for 01/04/05.
Old 14th July 2004, 04:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!! Never knew the Zen was capable of such things. It's a real surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]P.S. Will come with a whole review on the GTech Pro and its "power packed" performance update in a month's time.
A month's time? Pal, how long does it take to test a 0-60 and 1/4 mile acceleration? Let us know the figures asap.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 14th July 2004, 13:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

LMFAO good one mate.. congrats on the new acquisition.. make sure u set the weight setting n rpm setting accurate or u will get wild wild figures..
Old 14th July 2004, 13:27   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] make sure u set the weight setting n rpm setting accurate
Thats in the Gtech Pro Competition. Me and Revv have the regular PRO version which does 99% of the competitions capabilities. You need to input weight in our model only for horsepower calculation...not for braking, 0 - 60, G Forces or the quarter mile. RPM adjustment is not an option on the regular PRO.

GTO
Old 14th July 2004, 13:42   #5
Team-BHP Support

ohh k.. i just read GTech
Old 14th July 2004, 15:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey guys,
can any one pls explain wat exactly is this .......GTech Pro Performance meter.
where can u get it in mumbai and how much wud it cost.
plsssssssss explain.also PM me.

satya
Old 14th July 2004, 15:55   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (speedsatya @ July 14 2004,13:40)]can any one pls explain wat exactly is this .......GTech Pro Performance meter.
where can u get it in mumbai and how much wud it cost.
Hey Satya,

All the info you need is here>
Gtech-pro Website

The only thing i need to add is that i dont know where you can get it in bombay

And, when buying abroad buy from ebay or another online store as the pro (lower version) costs upto $50 less online.

R
Old 15th July 2004, 02:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

wat is the differnce between the PRo and the competetion models.
how much can i get it and can i get the comp model here in india through Ebay.
satya

Old 18th July 2004, 22:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hehehe so here i went with the GTech Pro and there i burnt some rubber...

I just got off some work today and decided to take my Gtech Pro for a spin. And ended up spinning wheels in my Zen in the end. The trouble with having a GTech Pro is, its your imagination and adrenal gland's (the gland that pumps adrenaline) best friend but your car's worst enemy. Imagine Gteching everyday and every 2 months you'd be at the tyre shop for a new set of tyres.Lol.

But well i had to give it a shot. So first up, i took it to the concrete roads of Seepz. Now Seepz has this just enough stretch which lets u take ur car upto 100 before having to brake. But i guess concrete roads aren't exactly the best place to measure your car's performance (the serations on the road acting as a detriment in getting you the right times. So revved it a bit, guessing around 2000-2500 rpm and then with no tyre screeching wheelspin the car went off. I felt my times going really good. And for a first shot it was fantastic. Until i saw the meter. 16.8 odd wasnt really what i was looking for. So i turned around and headed towards Sahar airport.

My first run at Sahar on the stretch just when u get off departure sections at 2B & 2C is just enough again for 0-100 but not quarter mile timings. Launch was with a lil too much wheelspin. But the times went really good. 15.93. Wow, i'd beaten the times set by OD. So i took the circle, turned back, set the G meter and tried some hard cornering. And this time i tried something wicked. Getting off the ramp where the road curves downwards at the departure area i braked to lose some speed, opposite locked my steering and my car oversteered. First into lift-off oversteer and then a very scary slide. Imagine going down on a curved road with ur rear end sliding. Puts your senses back to normal after such an attempt. Then the shock. While i power-slid for nearly 3-4 seconds with just a bit of tyre screeching and the rear end trying to literally overtake the front at a near 315 degree angle the G-meter showed me 0.88 Gs. Wow! Now thats not bad for a hatch.

Finally as i descended i went for a last try on the flat road once again. This time the launch was good, the tyres holding just right, the shifts near perfect. The timing was 15.46.

Could it get better? Yes i think so. Since Auto India did a 14.94 once. And with the time being late evening and roads moist in my case, an ideal 12 noon time on a bright day with dry roads, i should better the time set by Auto India.

Watch out for this space!

Revv

Old 18th July 2004, 22:21   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Imagine Gteching everyday and every 2 months you'd be at the tyre shop for a new set of tyres.Lol.
Not to mention, a new transmission

Good going with the Gtech, just take care...it gets too addictive!

GTO
Old 18th July 2004, 23:42   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ July 18 2004,20:47)]the G-meter showed me 0.88 Gs. Wow! Now thats not bad for a hatch.
Hey Revv,

Glad to see you are revving up your Gtech!
FYI the 0.88Gs you pulled is probably in "instantaneous" mode, which measures the maximum Gs even if it only lasts for a fraction of a second.
When it comes to skidpad testing (where supercars pull 0.96Gs etc) it is a sustained/continuous G reading, which in order to get, you need to sustain that G level for 3seconds on the Gtech pro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] an ideal 12 noon time on a bright day with dry roads,
My guess would be that you would probably get your best times at night when the air is cooler.

cya
R
Old 19th July 2004, 00:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ July 19 2004,08:12)]My guess would be that you would probably get your best times at night when the air is cooler.
Yup, cooler air is better for the engine but, not for the tyres. You would want your tyres to be warm and sticky.

Even if you try it at night, make sure the tyres, engine and transmission are, to temperature.

Find a clean spot where there's no sign of lose gravel, sand or mud.

PS: See if you can borrow the launch control system from one of the F1 teams, since they aren't using it now a days. LOL

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 19th July 2004, 17:54   #13
Team-BHP Support

i thought they'd pull a lot more than that. i was expecting something in the order of 2 Gs. BTW please dont do this on a full stomach.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks