Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2023, 11:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Aircross : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
I was discussing about the driver and passenger armrest that should have been between both the seats, that should have housed a bigger glove box. The car is also a bit of low on storage spaces.

Even the Mahindra Marazzo too has the same set of issues and falls in the same category and has not been recieved well though priced lower than the competition.
There is an arm rest for the driver.

They wouldn't place one for the passenger, otherwise, how would the driver access the rear power window buttons?

All this just to save some money on two additional switches and some wiring.
Old 2nd May 2023, 13:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Citroen has unveiled the C3 Aircross. The car competes against the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Maruti Grand Vitara, Skoda Kushaq, Toyota Hyryder and Volkswagen Taigun.

Notice the flap-type door handle with a keyhole... you don’t get a sunroof... Manual adjustment for the seats... There’s no centre armrest, Driver seat gets an attached armrest... You don’t get automatic climate control... Halogen cabin lamp in the front
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Competing with the Creta and Hyryder/Grand Vitara but:
No sunroof
No electric seat adjustment
No ACC
No AT
Only way to even do half the numbers of the aforementioned cars is to undercut pricing by a serious amount and still it’s probably not a given. Mind boggling strategy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Either Citroen is playing some games by indirectly hinting that this is a Creta rival and then would announce prices at par with the Brezza / Sonet or they have royally messed up their product strategy. The interiors of the car reek of cost cutting and almost similar approach to the Triber.
Quote:
Apart from this, doesn't have central armrest, unergonmically placed power window switches, no cooled glove box, outdated door handles, no wireless charger, rear AC vents old fashioned, misses autodimming IRVM, projector head lamps, and many more.
These made me wonder what the management at Citroen trying to achieve. Very weird approach to probably the biggest and most profitable mass segment.

Quote:
Front power window console is placed on the doorpad... power window lock... Power window buttons for the rear windows are placed at the end of the centre console in between the front seats...
And what's this funny business with power window switches. The driver would have to lift the armrest to operate the RR power window switches and most likely take eyes off the road. The RR passengers would have to unbuckle the seatbelts and lean forward to operate the same. Pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gck_tourer View Post
I think the crash ratings for this car are going to play a great part in in its sales.
I would put it bit differently. The sales are going to crash.

Quote:
In the 7-seater variant, you can pull the strap on the seat to tumble it forward. This is just a first impression, but the second row in the 5-seater version felt a tad more spacious than the 7-seater variant
This might be the fact. Done to free up more legroom at last row.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 13:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
There is an arm rest for the driver.

They wouldn't place one for the passenger, otherwise, how would the driver access the rear power window buttons?

All this just to save some money on two additional switches and some wiring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
And what's this funny business with power window switches. The driver would have to lift the armrest to operate the RR power window switches and most likely take eyes off the road. The RR passengers would have to unbuckle the seatbelts and lean forward to operate the same. Pathetic. .
Exactly. Why the cost cutting when you are competing in a premium segment? Why skip 2 extra power window switches on the rear doors and give it on the centre console when you have given two on the driver door?

This segment does not deserve cost cutting as it goes up on the luxury ladder.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 2nd May 2023 at 13:19.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 20:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly. Why the cost cutting when you are competing in a premium segment? Why skip 2 extra power window switches on the rear doors and give it on the centre console when you have given two on the driver door?

This segment does not deserve cost cutting as it goes up on the luxury ladder.
Citroen has not made it clear that they are climbing the Luxury Ladder.

Infact they are clearly targetting VALUE FOR MONEY FACTOR in each segment they are entering.

Top End Manual 5 seater may be priced 13.99L ex shwrm with a 133/155 hp 1.2 liter petrol

Base 5 seater could start 8.99L with 1.2 liter petrol 110 hp petrol

My guess based on fact that C3 hatch turbo variants have been discontinued.
sagsaw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 21:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post

Infact they are clearly targetting VALUE FOR MONEY FACTOR in each segment they are entering.
Cab segment? Heard they are selling the EVs to Blusmart.
Old 2nd May 2023, 21:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Cab segment? Heard they are selling the EVs to Blusmart.
Value for money equals cab segment?

Hertz rent a car only had Merc and Corolla in their fleet.

Why look down on cab segment?
Happens only in India.

With Ola Uber any car can be deployed as a cab now what?
sagsaw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 00:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Top End Manual 5 seater may be priced 13.99L ex shwrm with a 133/155 hp 1.2 liter petrol

That is the exact issue I am trying to convey you.

In the greater than 4 meter space cars that have met success are Hyundai Creta, KIA seltos, Maruti Grand Vitara, Toyota Hyrider UC, Skoda Kushaq, VW Tiguan, MG Astor, TATA Harrier and 7 seaters like Maruti Ertiga, Toyota Innova, Hector, Safari, etc.
Models that have failed are Mahindra Marazzo,
Mahindra Xylo, Renault Lodgy, Honda Mobilio, Nissan Evalia, Chevrolet Enjoy, etc.

So all the 7 seaters that have funked are the ones that have played in the so called 'Value for Money' segment that are bare bones and only give 'basic' functions.

The Citroen C3 Aircross too fits into the same segment. So 90% of the product's future is clearly visible. With it's packaging, it does not fit in the taxi/ people mover segment. It doesn't have the matter to fight the established rivals as it does not have the features to climb the Luxury ladder.

It is clearly 'Dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka naa ghat ka.'
DRPSREDDY is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 00:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:

It is clearly 'Dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka naa ghat ka.'
Till date number of showrooms and yearly sales of Citroen along with average per showroom sale has been good and Citroen is happy about it.

Means whosoever is liking this dhobi ka kutta is taking it home with pomp and reverence.

aur Dhobi bhi khoosh hai

Then where is the issue???
Old 3rd May 2023, 00:43   #24
BHPian

I myself would prefer to buy a mechanically robust car with great handling, space for 5 and good ride quality. I don't need sunroof, LED headlamps, automatic wipers etc. High safety rating and Auto AC are must though. Cars with less electronics are more reliable and easy to service or maintain. Unfortunately we Indians value bling more than anything else. C3 Aircross ticks most boxes I need in a car. Would add a tuning box to bump up the power and enjoy the package.
gck_tourer is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 00:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Till date number of showrooms and yearly sales of Citroen along with average per showroom sale has been good and Citroen is happy about it.

Means whosoever is liking this dhobi ka kutta is taking it home with pomp and reverence.

aur Dhobi bhi khoosh hai

Then where is the issue???
Citroen is in a early phase and will keep ramping up showroom thought it may not keep sales on fireworks as they are currently investing in brand building. They are anticipating a good sales in India. C3 is in the small car segment where they will sell with mediocre features if the packaging is well. But sales of a budget car like C3 is considered a success if they can sell atleast 3-4k cars a month minimum as economies of scale will help with economics. Sales are currently below par and without any major waiting period and Citroen management is just putting on a brave face.

Don't compare C3 with sales of C3 Aircross as value chain is higher in greater than 4 meter space. Anyways, it is at a nascent stage and lets see how it goes by. Only time will give us clarity on how many people will be 'taking it home with pomp and reverence'. Till then lets keep our judgement in reserve.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd May 2023 at 13:17. Reason: Edited
DRPSREDDY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 00:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
But sales of a budget car like C3 is considered a success if they can sell atleast 3-4k cars a month minimum as economies of scale will help with economics. Sales are currently below par and without any major waiting period and Citroen management is just putting up a brave face.
Success is success failure is failure. Why anything should be considered a success if this and if that.

And putting on a brave face neither does not wipe out losses nor creates new sales numbers.

Everyone has a roadmap and clearly for CITROEN all is going as per strategy and plan.

Else changes would be immediately done.

They have a strategy in place and you and me or anyone on team bhp forum cannot change it.

Else after all the feedback and comments and posts on team bhp about the C3, the C3 Aircross would not have followed the same strategy as the C3 hatch.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd May 2023 at 12:47. Reason: Edited
Old 3rd May 2023, 03:21   #27
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if people buying Bolero and Bolero Neo have access to Citroën in their towns?

Because, the car has exactly that value proposition on offer. Basic bare bones offering, where it may shine only in the in the style, ride, and refinement levels over the Bolero. Someone commented, this is equivalent to the original Duster from 2012 relaunched in 2023 under a new name and brand.

I believe, C5 in it’s segment was an easier sell than this is going to be. But I always support a new launch of a newly designed product (not just an existing model reworked for India) for the effort put behind it by the manufacturer. Success or not, I wish Citroën good luck.

Last edited by Tgo : 3rd May 2023 at 03:25.
Tgo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 09:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Models that have failed are Mahindra Marazzo,
Mahindra Xylo, Renault Lodgy, Honda Mobilio, Nissan Evalia, Chevrolet Enjoy, etc.
Everything on that list is ugly. This one is not. It has decent SUV-like looks. The flexibility of the third row with decent looks. I think Citroen will impress a small segment here. Sure, It won't be a huge success, but I don't think it will have the fate of Enjoy, Mobilio, etc. And I don't think Xylo belongs on that list. Even though it did not look good, it was moderately successful.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 3rd May 2023 at 09:34.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 09:42   #29
BHPian

This car can compete with triber at best. Pricing should be something revolutionary. I do see people who might buy these types of cars. But then, even with competitve pricing its a long shot. I kinda see this car going towards a market bomb and causing losses. Unless, citroen pulls up early and brings in a facelift with the required features.

The lack of sunroof and everything was alright, given the roof blower, but an automatic a/c? That is where i think citroen made a mistake. If the top end is like this, one can only imagine how the mid or barebones variants would be. I am pretty sure the base variant would get the 2DIN audio system types? with the small display and buttons.

I dont know what was in their minds when they decided to bring this one in. They could have very simply revealed a facelift of the existing hatch, with missed features and called it a day.

If they are going to give india the short end of the stick, they might as well not give anything at all
shresan23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 10:10   #30
BHPian

Quote:

The feel turbo C3 was 8.3l ex showroom. This being a mid size SUV will be priced at a premium to that. It will be 10l ex-Showroom unless they remove more features for the base variant (which I don't think is possible or necessitated). They can easily push the Shine turbo C3 which would likely be 9.1l ex showroom if they launch it.

The 110 bhp turbo still feels sufficient for the car. They might tune it better for some more power but don't think the 155bhp is on the table unless they sell the aircross really well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks