Team-BHP - Is it a fish being cooked on the bonnet???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is it a fish being cooked on the bonnet??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26543-fish-being-cooked-bonnet.html)

1. Mitsubishi EVO IX coming officially for 70 lacs

2. Ferrari to drive in India with Bajaj!!!

3. Bajaj to Acquire Ducati

4. Tata Motors eyeing Jaguar and land rover

5. Could jaguar go Indian?

6. audi to take on Corolla and Civic

I certainly smell something fishy as all news have a mistake somewhere. An evo for 70 lacs after being available as an import for around 20-25? bajaj suddenly looking at Ducati?(werent they talking with Renault?) Audi launching a hatch in India and not even looking at BMW and Mercedes?What's your take on this? Especially with all the articles being in the media.

The media is smoking..... literally!

the media is smoking a lot of pot these days,i presume!!lol:

I have to agree on everything else because i have not read those articles, but this ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 504600)

i thought ferrari were in with TATA, not bajaj ? :Shockked:

Hey, Why do we blame it all on the media?

Just read through the pages we have here, the enthusiasm many have shown. The media might be pulling jokes to sell papers, but many have fell for it

(PS: including me in some threads)

I pray all these comes true.
Yes, yes! Except that 70L price tag kinda stuff!

If only, wishes were horses!

Media is on crack of late... Enough said ;).

All this could be deliberate smoke screens, hiding the real plans.

Is April 1 around the corner? Or is there another fools day?

There is no smoke without a fire!

Such news are normally floated when a Company insider leaks it to the media, while the Company officially denying the reports until the deal is inked!

Information leak like this is done to increase the share prices. Now that people know that TATA is interested, they would start buying up Jaguar (Ford) shares in the hope that whenever the sale happens it would fetch them good returns. Same thing happened with Chorus deal, their shares increased 10 - 15% after it was known that TATA was interested. Eventually TATA had to pay a billion more than its initial offer.

I second Mayavi here. Most of such news is generated as a PR measure, either by the buyer (say Tata?) or the seller (Ford).

Unlike the Bajaj-Ducati/Triumph deal where I see a whole lot of synergy, Tata is better off staying away from companies like Jaguar. They should rather focus on deriving visible gains from the Fiat deal. Like say better product quality.

Its the media doing what they do best....speculate. And they do go overboard sometimes. But hey, nothing sells more than an eye-opening headline right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 504865)
Is April 1 around the corner? Or is there another fools day?

Yes it is around the corner. A very wide one. There is no need for braking and the press is sure as hell not applying them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joz (Post 504926)
I second Mayavi here. Most of such news is generated as a PR measure, either by the buyer (say Tata?) or the seller (Ford).

A prospective buyer would never say a word about a future purchase. It will drive up the aquired companies shares and buyers shares will go down. Its a Loss-Loss situation for TATA to leak this news.

It is like this, if you are in the market for a vintage car and find one, you wont say good things about the vehicle in front of the seller, would you? That would give the seller a hint that he has something very valuable on his hands and would jack up the price.