Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2023, 14:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Fantasy & futuristic features you wish your car had

1) Since manufacturers sometimes take 6 months to deliver a car, I wish they discussed and built vehicles using feedback from the buyer, i.e. customized color, addition and removal of features based on owners preferences, tyre make and size etc.

2) Small water sprays around the car, just like front windshield, so we can spray the car and clean it easily.

3) Automatic air filling to maintain adequate tire pressure at all times.

4) All cars have a strong magnet for front and back (for example North pole) so accidents can be minimized since North pole will repel north pole. That would also mean they cant use iron anywhere in the car. I am not discussing the exact technology, so please excuse any missing logic.

5) Sliding rear seats so the seat can be pushed back when we are not carrying luggage, the boot space is wasted a lot.

6) Auto oil, coolant, break fluid top-up from dispensers along with warning so we get enough warning and time to get it inspected but can prevent damage in short term.

7) Calf support for driver as an option - angle should be such that the driver can use A B C easily. Just like the recliners can be extended to provide calf support (Maybe high end cars provide it for rear passengers, not sure).

If wishes were horses.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 14:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Hi, my take on this interest & important thread:
2. LED headlight with option to change the light colour from white to yellow & vice versa. This will be useful in foggy condition
Fog lights aren't just about having the right wavelength (colour) for maximum fog penetration; it is also about the vertical placement height. The higher the light source, the more it's gonna illuminate the fog particles in front of you, instead of lighting up just the road. With separate fog lights, you can have the best of both worlds.

I was once caught in fog where the visibility was just 1-1.5 metres. Had to turn off the low beams and creep forward using only fogs.
bravo6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 14:55   #18
BHPian

VTOL (Vertical Takeoff and Landing) and short bursts of flight
Indraneel Bhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 15:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo6 View Post
Fog lights aren't just about having the right wavelength (colour) for maximum fog penetration; it is also about the vertical placement height. The higher the light source, the more it's gonna illuminate the fog particles in front of you, instead of lighting up just the road. With separate fog lights, you can have the best of both worlds.

I was once caught in fog where the visibility was just 1-1.5 metres. Had to turn off the low beams and creep forward using only fogs.
Hi bravo6, what i meant was to have a LED Headlight set up with option to change LED's white colour to yellow in case of foggy weather condition. I would not like to have white LED Headlight and Yellow Fog lights because even in good weather I drive with both headlight & fog light on.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 17:23   #20
BHPian

With growing popularity of SUVs especially with 3 rows of seating; I would like these:
1.Windows that can be lowered and raised for the 3rd row
2. Some easier way of ingress and egress for the 3rd row passengers; maybe small vertically opening doors?
3. OEM luggage trailers or rear luggage carriers

Others:
1. IOT based collision detection
2. Electronically modifiable seats to adjust for various age groups; there should not be a need to buy a separate baby seat in a "family car"
Old 5th May 2023, 18:15   #21
BHPian

My few dreamy features:

1) An equally comfortable and practical middle seat arrangement in the 2nd row without making the car obnoxiously wide or impractical. A real 5 seater car that can keep all 5 bodies happy even over looooong journeys.

2) Dash camera feed auto-recorded from all 4-360 cameras but not stitched and built into the car. Actually even a regular front+back dashcam built into the car is a far cry/dream at this point.

3) Innovation in the Rear view mirror design covering blind spot as well as Kerb monitoring for the common man cars (cost effective solution, not just expensive electronics based solutions as on Luxury cars)

4) HUD built into windscreen with translucent info display at eye level.

5) Automatic car cover/canopy that can deploy over the car without user intervention. Even better if it is attached to the car for use anywhere

6) Return of Pop up headlights (preferably not from Hyundai, given their gawky design language of late)

7) Electric roads with wireless power delivery on the go for electric cars greatly reducing battery capacities/sizes

8) Adaptive profile changing tyres/wheels for different environments/needs. Less contact in the city/low speeds. More contact upon braking etc.

9) 90 degree Rotating seats so you can walk-in/walk-out of the car.

10) Hatchback car with an external attachable boot for long trips

11) Totally scratch proof paint/body panels (for real)

Ending it with a Top gear quote "Autonomous cars have existed for a really long time, they are called 'Uber') !
Game_of_Roads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 18:50   #22
BHPian

Here is my wish list

1. Self-healing/repair tyres in case of a puncture
2. 75-90% Heat resistant or repellant front & rear windshield without any form of sun films etc
3. Front windshield with feature to auto dim (without hampering visibility) the brightness of high beam of oncoming vehicles as I find these aftermarket ones to be more of a nuisance than convenience as high beam is not used appropriately in our country. I have never upgraded the lights for more brightness or better throw in any of my cars.
3. Face recognition car lock/unlock
4. No transmission hump near the rear seats but still have RWD/AWD cars
5. Memory function for IRVM & ORVM settings
6. Rodent repellant materials like wires/pipes etc to be used (especially in the engine bay)
7. Auto vacuuming of the floor/carpet/mat/dashboard area.
8. Electrically Collapsible/Retractable external floor mat (at least for the driver & front passenger) to dust/clean ones footwear before entering the car. This will help in keeping the carpet/mats clean to an extent during the monsoons.
9. This one is more of a manufacturer/dealership/service related than the actual car as such. View the actual service, repairs etc being done on your car at the service center from anywhere via the mobile phone.
10. Just like there is a concept of drive through/automated car wash, have a similar thing for basic things like Engine Oil change, air filter replacement, nitrogen/air filling in the tyres etc.

Last edited by Torque123 : 5th May 2023 at 18:51.
Old 5th May 2023, 19:16   #23
BHPian

Not necessarily fantasy but desirable:
1. A head-unit/MID combo that has all the bells and whistles from electronics perspective. Just pay for what you need. Navigation for a trip, you got it!. Something similar to SiriusXM subscription
2. As mentioned upthread, factory fitted dash cams or at least provision to do so.
3. A nice small cubby hole designed to hold your car papers and easily accessible to the driver. No longer looking around the glove compartment
4. A pull-out cell phone holder from the dash integrated with wireless charging
Old 5th May 2023, 19:35   #24
BHPian

Feature I really want in my sedan is Rear Washer and Wiper. Still don’t know why sedans are not provided with this feature.
Old 5th May 2023, 19:46   #25
BHPian

I am sure I am not the only one here who wants this
Attached Thumbnails
Fantasy & futuristic features you wish your car had-c63141f80d0da7548123e2cb1728b22794ffd4ceaf1354d768c2cf84b7bfd398_1.jpg  

meples is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 20:22   #26

I really wish Cars have inbuilt cameras which issues challans or issue infractions automatically if the drivers in the front or at the rear violate any traffic rules.
Old 5th May 2023, 20:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Futuristic features? How about a highway that constantly charges your electric car as long as you are on it?
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 22:15   #28
BHPian

It looks crazy, but here is my list

- An electric 3-row SUV with the following features
300+ Miles of electric range
10+ inch ground clearance
With a tiny IC engine as backup to reach to the next charger.

- I wish Defender to be a Toyota/Honda product with its current shape and features.

- Toyota to update current gen 4runner before I grow too old to drive any car
Or to bring Updated Prado to US market in 2024
(Unterested in GX460 due to excessive side skirts, low bumper and not a fan of excessive mods to remove those)

Last edited by arunrajk81 : 5th May 2023 at 22:16.
Old 5th May 2023, 22:46   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post
I am sure I am not the only one here who wants this
All these years, I was thinking of the wrong option: A marble launcher
That can precisely hit the head lamp of any vehicle around, and also without getting noticed, for those high beams

Other things I need:
An umbrella: That could protect the car when parked in the sun

Efficiency

Narrowing tyres:
Ones that could turn into half the size, and give more mileage, due to lesser rolling resistance

Cold air inlet:
Just use the wind blowing at your car, and convert that into cool air inside the cabin, and switch off the compressor when not needed.

Wind direction and speed:
To help drivers understand optimal speed for the conditions

Ride height adjust:
On fast highways, suspension automatically goes lower, reducing drag, but yet, on sensing a hump, gets back to normal within milliseconds

Safety

Heat sensing warnings:
While driving in the night, on highways, I am usually startled by other road users appearing out of nowhere. UV/ heat sensing could represent animals and humans as Dots on the screen.

F1 style carbon fiber shell:
To protect the occupants in any crash

4 point seatbelts:
Again F1 style.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 00:25   #30
BHPian

I opened my notes app instantly after reading this thread.
Not sure if I have that many points to put down but here are some of my Car Fantasies!

1. Color Shifter: I always wondered wouldn't it be easy to invade the police if your car just shifted colors instantly ( clearly I played NFS Most Wanted more than I should've) or maybe for weird needs like to match the color of your shirt?

2. 'Tyre change assist mode': Got a flat? No worries. Just put the car in TCA mode and a JCB like lift will slowly pop out to lift the respective tyre side and it will be an easy clip-on type tyre.Out with the old, In with the new!

3. 4 zone music system : Just like 4 zone climate control, every person in the car can now tune in to their favourite music without having to 'bear' with your love for Kanye West!

Those will be my 3 cents for now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks