Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2023, 05:10   #31
BHPian

Adjustable Underthigh Support

I would like to have adjustable underthigh support in my car. I would prefer this to the ventilated seats currently offered in the D segment, C segment and below.

Providing adjustable underthigh support wouldn't cost much to the mass market manufacturers, yet it remains a fantasy feature.

Fantasy & futuristic features you wish your car had-underthigh-support.jpg

Fantasy & futuristic features you wish your car had-underthigh-support-illustration.jpg
Old 6th May 2023, 13:17   #32
BHPian

Re: Fantasy & futuristic features you wish your car had

Something I had read about in Popular Science, I think, many decades ago, but probably not brought into common usage:
Headlamp lenses and windshields with PPL (plain polarised light) coatings. Plane of Polarisation to be almost vertical (88-89 degrees) for the lamps and horizontal for the windshields.
This would cut the high beams and leave pinpricks of light in their place.
FarPatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 14:28   #33

A 'retro' mode where the touchscreen flips over and on the back side are all manual control knobs and an old style 1/2 DIN audio system.
Old 6th May 2023, 20:03   #34

Auto-UP for windows on locking the car.
I occasionally find a window down when I lock the car. This condition leaves easy pickings for intruders and car thieves. My idea is that when the driver locks the car the windows should roll up automatically. For some reason if the driver wishes to keep the windows fully of or partially down (eg on a very hot day it helps to keep the windows down by 1/2 inch), the window-lock button can be depressed, ie a conscious action, in which case the windows will not go up automatically while locking.
mirashub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 23:28   #35
BHPian

I wish I could guide the car out of the parking and bring it upto me especially when there's a puddle around the car or if its raining or if there's scorching Sun and I have parked the car far away. This feature would only work from a certain distance and will be controlled by the driver like a video game on the mobile app. The car only crawl. A remote controlled real life car.
Old 12th May 2023, 15:59   #36
BHPian

I got an opposite wish for new hector's "auto-turn-indicator", I wish MG can time travel in past and slap themselves for thinking of such stupid +irritating + risky feature, that too making it mandatory and not providing and disable setting.
Old 12th May 2023, 16:21   #37
BHPian

I'm fascinated by ultrasonic air humidifiers, how a piezoelectric transducer atomizes the water to droplets of 1 micron. I'm wondering why no manufacturer came across with a car wash product for masses using this technology. Saves water and should be good to operate on battery or USB power.
Even better make it part of car panels and with a switch of a button, your car shall be clean as new.
Old 14th May 2023, 06:49   #38
BHPian

I want tyres like these.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks