Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2023, 10:33   #31
BHPian

Re: 2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh

Quick update
- OBD2 is the skoda kodiaq version that is going to be delivered.
- checked the fuel lid for the fuel rating. It shows E5 E10 and min RON of 95

2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh-fuel_cap_ron.jpeg

SA person is mentioning - Shell or XP 95 octane or regular also will do.
Any suggestions here?

Last edited by Sheel : 16th May 2023 at 11:01. Reason: Inserted image in-line. Thanks.
Old 16th May 2023, 13:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
SA person is mentioning - Shell or XP 95 octane or regular also will do. Any suggestions here?
Your car engine is rated at Minimum 95 RON.

Only two fuels available comply to it.
Indian Oil XP95
Hindustan Petroleum poWer95

Stick to these two for better long term performance. Though people have been using normal petrol 91 RON as well.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 20:50   #33
BHPian

Reply from Shell customercare on the query of RON
Shell GP India <generalpublicenquiries-in@shell.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mosin Basha (Shell India)
16 May 2023, 11:39 GMT+1
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Shell Customer Service Centre.

RON (Research Octane Number) of Shell fuel (ULP & V-Power) in India is 91.

Regards,
Mosin.T
freebear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 20:57   #34
BHPian

Took the delivery today.
2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh-bear_in_blue.jpeg
- Filled with xp95 in IOCL coco bunk.
- Got a quote while at dealer for 1.64l for PPF. Having 2 minds whether to take the plunge. The dealer is esperto from Koramangala.
freebear is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 19:07   #35
BHPian

some findings and experiences based on initial ownership of 600 kms

1. wirless charging is unstable however still works to an extent.
2. Boot door can be opened with a single click on the button on driver's door. Similarly, it can be closed by continuously holding the same button.
3. virtual pedal for boot is sometimes a hit and miss. Need sometime to get it consistently work.
4. Headlights are awesome for a person coming from POLO. Headlight throw is amazing on highways.
5. Proximity sensors/360 camera works < 20 Kmph. I am using it to maneavure tight spots in Bangalore traffic. Happy to have a found a better use.
6. Autohold feature is awesome however one has to be careful to engage the brake fully to bring the vehicle to standstill otherwise experienced couple of instances where the vehicle again moved after I assumed the vehicle stopped.
7. Mileage is varying quite a bit in bangalore traffic (5-8 kmpl - the inbuilt mileage reading) and did a couple of bangalore airport trips, the inbuilt mileage read around 12 kmpl to 13kmpl.
8. I am yet to figure out the use of TPMS as I though the SA had set it during delivery however I still see SET option in vehicle status menu.
9. Regularly filling XP95 from IOCL COCO Bunk in whitefield towards Pheonix market city.
10. Placing the side mirrors position to L will set the left side mirror to preset position whilein R mode. Either you go from R or changing the mirror knob on driver side from L will move back the mirrors to original position.
11. One can get to hear boot space sounds (may be due to luggage placed) while driving over speed breakers for any jumps etc. I have not figured out the use of net given in accessory yet, may help. Overall the insulation from external noise outside of car is good compared to my POLO Diesel. I could hear only tyre sounds when music was muted on highway.
12. The gap between boot space door and body is allowing lot of dust to accumulate on the inside of the boot door area. The plastic mesh below the boot door is also accumulating lot of dust and not easily cleanable. This may be location specific due to dust in locality or the weather itself.
13. Skoda connected app is useful to check the car w.r.t parking locations , fuel tank left and battery voltage.
freebear is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 21:15   #36
BHPian

Did a relatively long drive (375km one way and 750 Km two way) over 2 days. couple of observations

1. The turbo kicks in after sometime of acceleration pedal push. one has to be careful with this when overtaking on highways. Even at high speeds (> 120 kmph control was awesome like my erstwhile polo)
2. The ride was good as the stretch was a mixture of good highway, cemented highway, under construction highway and 2 lane roads. Didnot feel so much noise inside the cabin except for the tyres running.
3. when one unlocks the windows using remote key, all windows scroll down and also sunroof opens up. One must be remindful of closing it.
4. Apple maps seems to have better integration into virtual cockpit than google maps. I could see directions on the left side of virtual cockpit getting udpated. skoda maps are very outdated for most of it. However fuel stations are correctly marked.
5. Onlookers are curious about vehicle as there are not many on road. No known premium badge yet looks cool for many ....

Another issue which popped during a drive to Bangalore airport and also on a rainy day in Bangalore.

1. There is some kind of smudge at the centre of windshield on the inside after aircon is switched on. Did not really figure out how to solve. Tried to increase temperature, switch on max air etc, the issue went way after fiddling. It did not occur again though.
2. How does one manage without XP95 fuel ? In my hometown, I could not find any reliable IOCL , ended up filling shell V-power for return journey. Any app to know nearby IOCL COCO or any other approach to get reliable IOCL pumps in a town or on the highway ?
3. I am sensing a bit of pain towards my right knee after a drive sometimes. I am not entirely sure whether its to with seating position. Never had these in my polo.
Any ideas to overcome these issues are helpful.
freebear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 23:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
2. How does one manage without XP95 fuel ? In my hometown, I could not find any reliable IOCL , ended up filling shell V-power for return journey. Any app to know nearby IOCL COCO or any other approach to get reliable IOCL pumps in a town or on the highway ?
You can download the Indian Oil ONE app which provides the location of fuel pumps on a map. It also provides location of XP95 pumps, though in my experience it’s not completely reliable with respect to this.
Old 9th June 2023, 01:52   #38
BHPian

Folks who bought a Kodiaq recently, I have some questions for you.
  1. My dealer is asking for money upfront on sharing the VIN. I paid post-PDI the last time I bought a car. It was a VW, and there was no talk of final payment before the PDI. Is it a new norm these days with Skoda or just my dealer?
  2. SA also mentioned that post-PDI ok and me signing all the forms, car registration will take two working days, and the number plate will come in after 4-5 working days of that. Again, last time IIRC, I got the car on a temp number within a few hrs of making the payment. Since I had gone for a choice number actual number came in a few days later. Now will I have to wait for like 5-6 days after making the payment to take the car home? It's just that once I see the car waiting further will be very difficult. How has the experience of others been in this regard?
Old 9th June 2023, 07:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
  1. My dealer is asking for money upfront on sharing the VIN. I paid post-PDI the last time I bought a car. It was a VW, and there was no talk of final payment before the PDI. Is it a new norm these days with Skoda or just my dealer?
  2. SA also mentioned that post-PDI ok and me signing all the forms, car registration will take two working days, and the number plate will come in after 4-5 working days of that. Again, last time IIRC, I got the car on a temp number within a few hrs of making the payment. Since I had gone for a choice number actual number came in a few days later. Now will I have to wait for like 5-6 days after making the payment to take the car home? It's just that once I see the car waiting further will be very difficult. How has the experience of others been in this regard?
I recently took a delivery of a Skoda Slavia from Tafe Access St Marks Road , up until PDI I had only paid the book amount. I was very clear no money will be paid until I see my allocated car in flesh and the SA was perfectly ok with it.

Post PDI I made the payment , registration took 2 days & I got the delivery on Day 3. I was told the number plates could take a day or two but luck would have it just before I could roll out of the showroom the vendor who does the number plate showed up and I got it fixed to avoid another trip.

In your case its not the new norm but just your dealer
Gotham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 10:44   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
I recently took a delivery of a Skoda Slavia from Tafe Access St Marks Road , up until PDI I had only paid the book amount. I was very clear no money will be paid until I see my allocated car in flesh and the SA was perfectly ok with it.

Post PDI I made the payment , registration took 2 days & I got the delivery on Day 3. I was told the number plates could take a day or two but luck would have it just before I could roll out of the showroom the vendor who does the number plate showed up and I got it fixed to avoid another trip.

In your case its not the new norm but just your dealer
Thanks Gotham for the quick reply.

This is strange since my dealer is also Tafe, although the HSR branch. Will push for payment post-PDI. Let's see how it goes.
sameerg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 11:05   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Gotham for the quick reply.

This is strange since my dealer is also Tafe, although the HSR branch. Will push for payment post-PDI. Let's see how it goes.
I always found the HSR guys a bit shady. St Marks experience was completely different. You may wanna consider them once
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 12:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please call out the dealer name? I did PDI first with RAJA SKODA and then transferred amount beyond the booking amount. They were perfectly ok with that.

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th June 2023 at 12:41.
Old 9th June 2023, 18:25   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please call out the dealer name? I did PDI first with RAJA SKODA and then transferred the amount beyond the booking amount. They were perfectly ok with that.
The dealer is TAFE Hsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
I always found the HSR guys a bit shady. St Mark's experience was completely different. You may wanna consider them once
I actually moved from St Marks to HSR post test drive since it was closer, and now this happened. I will try once with my SA to push the payment to post PDI; otherwise will cancel and move to st marks (TAFE) or one of the other dealers.
Old 9th June 2023, 18:54   #44
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is TAFE Hsr

I actually moved from St Marks to HSR post test drive since it was closer, and now this happened. I will try once with my SA to push the payment to post PDI; otherwise will cancel and move to st marks (TAFE) or one of the other dealers.
You should put your foot down and let the SA know there are other dealers also in Bangalore. HSR showroom was very close to my House yet I chose St Marks because of their weird style of handling a customer
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 15:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Silver smoke for recommendation. I am waiting for SA to confirm whether they can fit the same before delivery of the vehicle. On a side note, the aircon felt a notch lower than my polo during all TDs'. Did you have similar issue and if yes, are there any workarounds?

To me, AC works very fine. Only gripe is large sunroof which cooks the car really well in strong sun.

I am planning to get something done for it, will post as soon it gets completed.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks