Team-BHP - What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2659-what-your-actual-fuel-efficiency-7.html)

Here is mine

Octavia 1.9 TDI : City 12-14 kmpl Highway 18-19 kmpl

wow, WRXXX, thats a real good mileage, do all skoda 1.9 TDI's give 12-14 in city??? my dad is planning for a car, but wanted something with good mileage! 12-14 wud be more than my Model2 Honda City!

Santro city/highyway 13/15
Ikon city/highway 10/13

CJ 340
City - 9
Highway - 13

Contessa (Isuzu 4F G1)
City - 9 (AC) to 11 (Non AC)
Highway - 16 (AC) to 17 (Non AC)

Accent GLS, returns between 10-13 almost religiously with the lower limit indicating city and upper limit indicating highway. The family is now in India and so we've hired a safe and steady old uncle as a driver temporarily - my wife claims the old man's sedate driving is returning 15kmpl on the highway regularly, tankful to tankful. I find it hard to believe, but hey I've always been an impatient driver...

Most fuel efficient car driven is the Smartie which returns > 300 kms to every 3.5 gallon refill, which is regularly over 20 kmpl and I drive it like one would drive a go-kart - no holds barred.

EDIT: All figures with A/c on all the time.

C-class gives 10 - 12 km/l

Skoda Octavia gives 12-14 km/l

Opel Vectra gave around 8.5 - 10 km/l

Honda CR-V A/T give 5 - 6 km/l

My Pulsar 150 classic gives me around 50kmpl at an average speed of around 60kmph.And my Indica delivers around 16-18 kmpl under average 60-70 kmph again.

My Baleno gives 11.5 in city with 100% A/C usage. On Regular petrol, average kms per day :40

Hi,

Since we are talking about FE, had a question

What is the "sweetspot" when the maximum fuel efficiency can be achieved? People talk about 70-95kmph being the range where almost all cars achieve highFE ratios.Know this question does not apply when driving in the city (Esp.in Bangalore).Actually remember reading a post by Rudra where he says it pains, when it comes to watching a beautiful citygoin to Dogs. very true indeed!

FE figures for my cars
Corolla- 8 kmpl (City)/ 10 kmpl (HWY)
Lancer (P)- 10 kmpl(City) / 14 kmpl (HWY)

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajay
Hi,

Since we are talking about FE, had a question

What is the "sweetspot" when the maximum fuel efficiency can be achieved? People talk about 70-95kmph being the range where almost all cars achieve highFE ratios.Know this question does not apply when driving in the city (Esp.in Bangalore).Actually remember reading a post by Rudra where he says it pains, when it comes to watching a beautiful citygoin to Dogs. very true indeed!

FE figures for my cars
Corolla- 8 kmpl (City)/ 10 kmpl (HWY)
Lancer (P)- 10 kmpl(City) / 14 kmpl (HWY)

Cheers

I would say drive at 40 in 5th Gear...all the Mileage rally winners never even exceed 50. On the other hand...you really do require some patience to do that.

Maruti 800 (4 gear) : 80-100 KMPH highway : 19KMPL
Maruti 800 : city : 15 KMPL
Fiat Uno 1.2 Petrol : @60-80 KMPH, Highway, Use AC only if about to catch a sun stroke : 20.2 KMPL (Did not repeat the feat too many times :-) )
Fiat Uno 1.2 Petrol : @100-140 KMPH highway, avg 120 : 14-16 KMPL
Baleno : (only 900 KM Old) City Driving : 12 KMPL (I am told that the mileage will go to 14-15 by time I do 10 K by the workshop guy...dont believe him :-) )

Maruti 800 (a very old one) gives me 15 kmpl in city with xtra premium.
Baleno, fairly new - done abt 200 km so far, gives me abt 11.5 kmpl in city with 91 octane and a/c on all the time. Haven't had time to get onto the highway as yet.
by the way, i haven't been able to rip the car (baleno) beyond 110 kmph (probably because of the lack of road space in bangalore); but, at about 100 kmph, the engine cries out loud (it sounds as if am driving a bajaj chetak in 2nd gear at 40-50 kmph). is it because its a new car? (it handles very well at that speed though)

just got 22kpl in my mpfi zen in the city .
yeah its inside city from vashi to mulund and back through the eastern express highway an dkeeping a limit of 1500 rpm i.e 40-60kph without ac.

and i feel this can be improved upon as i have to get my injectors cleaned and my decarbonsing is due.

even with my speedo error due to lesser OD tires ,this figur eis good as i have wider 165 tires.

I get an over all milage of 13kmpl on my Palio sport(1.2) with 70% AC

Driving pattern- maintains the engine>3000rpm in most occcations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya
just got 22kpl in my mpfi zen in the city .
yeah its inside city from vashi to mulund and back through the eastern express highway an dkeeping a limit of 1500 rpm i.e 40-60kph without ac.

Are you considering taking up a job with Overdrive? They will come down hunting for you if they happen to read this. :D