Team-BHP - What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2659-what-your-actual-fuel-efficiency-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
Are you considering taking up a job with Overdrive? They will come down hunting for you if they happen to read this. :D

hehe OD got 26 kpl on highway in a carb zen withan automech free flow.

i got 21-22 kpl because i was driving between 40-60 kph.and its not at all possible to keep driving that way.i got a free highway from chembur to mulund (15kms) on both sides.

also i was getting all types of fingers from angry drivers who ha dto overtake me from the left an d the right sides.

but under normal city driving with AC i get around 14kpl.so with my speedo error it should be getting around 13kpl at least,if it shows 14kpl

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_crazy
Maruti 800 (a very old one) gives me 15 kmpl in city with xtra premium.
Baleno, fairly new - done abt 200 km so far, gives me abt 11.5 kmpl in city with 91 octane and a/c on all the time. Haven't had time to get onto the highway as yet.
by the way, i haven't been able to rip the car (baleno) beyond 110 kmph (probably because of the lack of road space in bangalore); but, at about 100 kmph, the engine cries out loud (it sounds as if am driving a bajaj chetak in 2nd gear at 40-50 kmph). is it because its a new car? (it handles very well at that speed though)

Hi Satan ---

Pl dont rip ur Baleno till 1000 KM or even 2000 km
just keep it at smooth 70-80 limit

and regarding ur Baleno Screeaming - pl check with ur service guys
mine doesnt scream at 150 km/hr

so somethings wrong with ur driving style or it could be ur car also

:OT

Its been 13 months since i bought my Baleno

Have been very happy with the vehicle and also the service.

I wanted to test my mileage - so went for a long drive with tank full and it was on the peripherals of chennai
the speed was 70- 80 constant -

the mileage i got was really good - 18 kmpl - without AC (the fuel filled was ordinary unleaded petrol from BP)

if u rip it at 100-140 - the mileage is poor 13-14 kmpl (got during a previous drive with AC on 50% time)

The mileage i get in the city with AC always on is 10.5 to 11.5
mostly crawling at 20-30 km/hr with lots of clutch use.

Regarding service - i request you guys to check Maruti Masters in ur Locality ( they are present in chennai and Delhi)
These guys are courteous and go out of the way to do things.
Infact I was served lunch as i had to wait for some extra time.
These guys are direct from Maruti and are not franchisees...
And the car was given back to me after all the things i wanted to be done to it - done perfectly

Bharath

Hi,

Got 11.1 kmpl from my Swift Vxi - City driving with 90% AC usage and hardly being able to engage the 5th gear due heavy traffic.

Have just completed the first free service at about 850 kms.

Cheers

swift Vxi

in city 50% ac - 13
(these days bangalore does not need much of ac)

on highway 50% ac- 17 kmph

this is with shell super petrol

i think overdrive guys will be after me now :)

New Honda City 2004 - done 7000 kms

City Average - 11-12 (AC ON 90%)
Highway - 15-16 (AC ON 90%)
Overall i get about 13.5 (AC ON 90%) (33% highway, 66% city).

On express highway i expect about 18kmpl with A/C on in my new honda city =)

(I use speed petrol)

I used to have old honda city 1.3 also that i think used to give me 9 kmpl in city and 13-14 kmpl on highway with 90% AC on.

Skoda 1.9 TDI L&K with 225/60/16's done about 7200 km's
Realistically driving in Poona with the AC on ALL THE TIME I get about 13-15 km's and on the expressway with my parents in the car I get abt 18... but without them I get close to 14 coz of the speed that I like to drive

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Skoda 1.9 TDI L&K with 225/60/16's done about 7200 km's
Realistically driving in Poona with the AC on ALL THE TIME I get about 13-15 km's and on the expressway with my parents in the car I get abt 18... but without them I get close to 14 coz of the speed that I like to drive

:Shockked: dude u have a biggg speedo error of 6.6 % or a differnce in circumference of 132mm.

so i f ur speedo shows 100kph ur actually doing 106kph.

so,if u get abt 18 on the highway,its actually more than that figure.its about 20kpl.

thats superbbbb FE figures.

BTW we have amongst us a certain Octy that has given 27kpl ;)

Quote:

swift Vxi

in city 50% ac - 13
(these days bangalore does not need much of ac)

on highway 50% ac- 17 kmph

this is with shell super petrol

i think overdrive guys will be after me now
Those are excellent figures on ure swift.

I don't get anything close on my Zxi..But then i do rip the car often..:)

SWIFT VXI - 13 KMPL with 100% ac on
Yet to try in highways

PS: I cannot say it's 100% city drive. The 15 kms stretch I travel to my office is a mix of both crowded & empty strech (Tambaram - Velachery)

Quote:

SWIFT VXI - 13 KMPL with 100% ac on
Yet to try in highways
Excellent figures those. Almost comparable to an esteem.

Mine gives me 11 or 11.5 with 12 once. On a small highway drive of total 200 km it was about 14..

Maybe it's coz of the extra weight of the Zxi or the climate control?

:Shockked: just heard from a friend that hi s zen diesel gave him 27kpl with AC from surat to mulund,he had kept a limit of 80kph as it was raining.

the only modification to his car is a stock replacement k&n filter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xsailor
Hi,Got 11.1 kmpl from my Swift Vxi - City driving with 90% AC usage and hardly being able to engage the 5th gear due heavy traffic.Have just completed the first free service at about 850 kms.Cheers

Economy and Plan
Third top-up yesterday. Got 11.9. Have changed-over to regular BP fuel and will fill regular for the next three top-ups. Then c/over to Speed for one fill, maybe two, and then back to regular and so on.

Driving
City driving only. Abt 85% of the time, never get a chance to go beyond 3rd gear/2500 rpm. AC ON all the time.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya
:Shockked: just heard from a friend that hi s zen diesel gave him 27kpl with AC from surat to mulund,he had kept a limit of 80kph as it was raining.

Satya, looks like you are having a very bad company these days. First you tried to steal overdrive job and now hanging around with such friends ? rl:

Xsailor, the BPCL pump just across the border(Sector 8 side) is a good deal. Saves you around 120rs when you top up due to cheaper fuel in delhi(3.5rs difference). Its just 3kms from city center, so its worth it!

Hi,

I am getting around 11 KMPL with my new FIAT Adventure Sport 1.6 Petrol

I am using Speed petrol filled regularly from BP pump at Pune.

Currently 85% driving is in heavy city traffic of Pune. 50% AC on .

Still have to test figures on Highways for long run.

Hemant