Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 21:37   #1696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Where did you get this data, mate? It's all wrong
Check this out --> Tata Indica V2 Xeta 1.2 GLS - BS III vs Maruti Suzuki Ritz Zxi BS IV | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com

It says Xeta is 1060Kgs whereas Ritz Zxi is 1030.
Hey Mr. Das , that was sooo aggressive. Anyways,SLK got that info from ACI, which in itself is a reliable magazine. I guess any of them, carwale.com or ACI can be wrong.By the way, some of the sites which I browsed also quoted 995/1000 kgs for the car. And there is some confusion on TATA's website also, because it shows Indica V2's specs when we click on Xeta's specs.

But let me put my point that driving style and traffic matters alot in fuel efficiency, you just cant simply equate and say that K-series engines are no good. A very good example is that, I drive in terrible delhi's peak hour traffic with AC always switched on which makes my fuel efficiency of alto come near 12.5 and City's 10.5, though both are considered very fuel efficient.
Old 31st July 2009, 22:11   #1697
BHPian

re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
Hey Mr. Das , that was sooo aggressive. Anyways,SLK got that info from ACI, which in itself is a reliable magazine. I guess any of them, carwale.com or ACI can be wrong.By the way, some of the sites which I browsed also quoted 995/1000 kgs for the car. And there is some confusion on TATA's website also, because it shows Indica V2's specs when we click on Xeta's specs.
First of all, I don't think pointing a misstated data is considered as "aggressive" attitude. Second, I am a Xeta owner and have an official manual of that car. The manual clearly says that the kb.weight of this car is 1065. Now, the question is whose data are more authentic? The manual or someone who don't even own the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
But let me put my point that driving style and traffic matters alot in fuel efficiency, you just cant simply equate and say that K-series engines are no good. A very good example is that, I drive in terrible delhi's peak hour traffic with AC always switched on which makes my fuel efficiency of alto come near 12.5 and City's 10.5, though both are considered very fuel efficient.
First, I suggest you should read my post once again. I never claimed "that K-series engines are no good." but questioned on the FE of the new engine. Second, in statistics, we call your data as outlier - not a true representation of "population". Hope you get what I mean.

Last edited by mohandas : 31st July 2009 at 22:14. Reason: Little more aggressive :)
Old 31st July 2009, 23:55   #1698
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check this out --> Tata Indica V2 Xeta 1.2 GLS - BS III vs Maruti Suzuki Ritz Zxi BS IV | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com

It says Xeta is 1060Kgs whereas Ritz Zxi is 1030.
Surprise!! Tata also has a website!

See this. . . Tata Motors | IndicaV2 Xeta

980 was for the GL, GLS is 1000 and GLS LPG has a weight of 1065.

Since I'm all wrong. Xeta must be 86ps, while ritz is 85?

And going by your link Ritz is more fuel economical, so?

Quote:
First of all, I don't think pointing a misstated data is considered as "aggressive" attitude. Second, I am a Xeta owner and have an official manual of that car. The manual clearly says that the kb.weight of this car is 1065. Now, the question is whose data are more authentic? The manual or someone who don't even own the car.
Well, you own the manual for sure! Ask TATA about it. Or better still, weigh your car (without the manual though)

Anyways, the point is,
1) the K series is pulling an equally heavy car,
2) with bigger and wider wheels,
3) putting out considerably more power,
4) I haven't driven it, but would expect it to be more refined too.
5) Ritz got worse aerodynamic characteristics.

The car in question is only 3k kms old and it's just one car and one driver not the population.

You can't write off the engine with that info.

Last edited by SLK : 1st August 2009 at 00:10.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2009, 00:25   #1699
Senior - BHPian

A Ritz Motor and the Xeta Motor both being 1.2 liters and pumping out 86 bhp and 65 bhp is proof enough that the Ritz engine is more efficient and advanced than the Xetas as for the same displacment there is a 21 bhp bhp difference and like mohandas said are giving equal mileage too even though the Ritz has fatter tyres compared to the Xeta is proof enough of the brilliant K Series Ritz engine.
Old 1st August 2009, 01:14   #1700
BHPian

Size Vs Power- a little more gyan please

Dear all,
From studying the TBHP forum traffic I got the impression that displacement volume generally corresponds to torque, not power. For a given torque, the rpm should decide the power. In the Ritz vs Zeta debate are we missing this? or the RPM where maximum power of both the cars occur are nearly the same.
Please illuminate.
Thanks in advance.
Old 1st August 2009, 16:23   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

5) Ritz got worse aerodynamic characteristics.

From where did you get that feeling ? The car feels rock steady at 160 Kmph. I think I could have easily pushed it to 180 but coud'nt get a clear stretch. Beside there was a very strong head wind and I could feel the resistance.

The car was so steady at 150kmph that I could take a picture of the speedometer with my mobile phone camera, a risky proposition for which I repent, now.

Guys, I am not much of an FE driver. I believe is using the car to its full capacity (that is claimed by its makers), though within safe limits. I think as time goes by the FE should increase on its own. With careful driving it should return a phenominal FE

God bless.....
Old 1st August 2009, 16:35   #1702
BHPian

Quote:

First, I suggest you should read my post once again. I never claimed "that K-series engines are no good." but questioned on the FE of the new engine. Second, in statistics, we call your data as outlier - not a true representation of "population". Hope you get what I mean.

This is where you sounded way too aggressive
Quote:
and here is the 2nd instance, you are straight away belittling K-series engine here. And, yeah, all the extra 210k asked for Ritz zxi don't go into the engine

Quote:
Oooh...That's (FE) exactly what my Tata Indica Xeta GLS, which is still 210K cheaper that Ritz ZXi, offers. Then, what is it so great about MUL's k-series petrol engine?
I don't know about others but this is an eye-opener for me - thanks for the info.
PS: SLK, thanks for putting the right facts forward.

Last edited by inferno : 1st August 2009 at 16:38.
Old 1st August 2009, 20:23   #1703
BHPian

I get around 7.6 in city and around 11.5 on highway with the a/c on. There is a lot of difference in mileage while driving inside the city and on the highway, guess the credit goes to bangalore traffic.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:42   #1704
BHPian

My FE update

My Optra Magnum LS:
In the City 13.8 -14.4
with the AC
On the Highway 17.5 -18.4 with the AC
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:18   #1705
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post
From where did you get that feeling ? . . . . . . . Beside there was a very strong head wind and I could feel the resistance.
What more feeling could one want? It's a tall car, so it has to be relatively less aerodynamic than slightly lower cars.

Good to know it feels stable at 150km/h, I haven't crossed 100 on mine so far (too new).

My car seems to be returning close to 15km/l (estimated) in city with 100% ac in it's first tank.
Old 3rd August 2009, 22:06   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Maruti Ritz ZXI

Kms. done : 3000
Condition : Stock
Method : Full tank to Full tank basis.
City FE : 11.84 kmpl with AC all the time.
Highway FE : 13.87 kmpl with AC at speeds between 120 to 160 kmph.

God bless....
A few additions that would give a clearer picture

1. 4 people + my dog (15 Kg) in the car.
2. moderate luggage.
3. 2, 8" Oval Pioneer yellow cone speakers on the rear tray. Approximate
weight about 20 Kgs.
4. AC running while the car was parked for Tea/coffee breaks.
5. Blower speed at No. 2
6. AC Thermo at the coolest setting.

God bless.....
Old 3rd August 2009, 23:27   #1707
BHPian

FE figures for my cars

Hi,
Iam getting the following figures for my cars:

Civic --- City 9-10, highway 12-13

Innova diesel --- City 10-11, highway 12-13

Fabia diesel --- City 15-17, highway 19-21

Santro xing --- City 12-14, highway never tried.

Uneet
Old 4th August 2009, 09:56   #1708
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few additions that would give a clearer picture
And they do in fact paint a much clearer picture. Arguements would not have started if you had posted this in the first place.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 4th August 2009, 10:39   #1709
Team-BHP Support

An interesting mix of roads.

Total 504 kms.
240 kms on the Hyderabad - Medak highway.
120 kms, early morning drive to Shamshabad airport (twice)
144 kms inside the city, mostly Masab Tank to Madhapur.

Tank full to Tank full with 30.3 liters in between.
Mileage 16.63 on my 2004 Wagon R Vxi with 44k kms on the odo.
Old 4th August 2009, 11:36   #1710
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Tank full to Tank full with 30.3 liters in between.
Mileage 16.63 on my 2004 Wagon R Vxi with 44k kms on the odo.
That's a good FE. What was the a/c usage like on this trip?

Most Viewed