Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2017, 13:01   #5026
SRT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Even I have achieved those kinda off figures for short drives. A little OT are you running the stock clutch? My steering rack is rattling badly now over broken roads, replacement will setback 50K INR.
I have replaced my clutches in 1.2 lakh Kms. Light rattling is there for rack. But I heard it can be fixed outside for 15k
Old 16th October 2017, 15:25   #5027
BHPian

Re: What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
2015 Ford Ecosport 1.5 AT
Petrol: 8-9 (city)
10-12 (highway)
CNG: 16-18 (city)
18-20 (highway)
Nishant, have you installed CNG kit in your Ecosport? How much is the performance drop due to this conversion?
Old 16th October 2017, 15:28   #5028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Nishant, have you installed CNG kit in your Ecosport? How much is the performance drop due to this conversion?
Since mine is the latest sequential & ECU based kit, there's hardly any drop in performance.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 16:02   #5029
BHPian

I drive a Hyundai Verna Petrol AT, and I see an average FE of around 10 kmpl in heavy traffic, which constitutes the majority of my driving. In less crowded roads in the city, I see a number close to 11, where as in my recent highway trip, I managed to get 14.

It appears I'm one of the less fortunate ones here when it comes to FE.
Old 16th October 2017, 16:03   #5030
BHPian

Got myself a used 2013 1.8 TSI AT Octavia (Elegance) couple of weeks back.

My first tankful gave me an average of 10.9 kmpl. This is all city driving but between Gurgaon and Delhi where a bit of the distance you may call it as highway driving. MID showed the same figures as the tankful method.

Morning drives at 7.30 am from my residence in Gurgaon to my office in Connaught Place in Delhi generally give me an average of ~15-17 kmpl. (as shown in MID). This you may call it as pure highway driving.

Last couple of days I have been driving only in Gurgaon and the MID is surprisingly showing a value of 12.4 kmpl (again, as shown in MID)
Old 19th October 2017, 16:34   #5031

My 2012 Renault Duster 85 PS is giving me a mileage of 11-13 in Bangalore city with AC always on. On the highway, it improves but greatly depends on driving. I’ve seen it touch 20+, but mostly I get between 16-18 (sedate+aggressive driving). I tank up only at Shell and have tried altering my driving pattern, but I haven’t noticed any significant improvement in mileage.

Also, I use an app that gets data from the OBD2 port. That gives me the FE for each trip. When I compare the sum of it with the FE reading on the Odo, the Odo reading is higher. So I don’t know which one to trust.
Old 20th October 2017, 02:56   #5032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
I drive a Hyundai Verna Petrol AT, and I see an average FE of around 10 kmpl in heavy traffic, which constitutes the majority of my driving. In less crowded roads in the city, I see a number close to 11, where as in my recent highway trip, I managed to get 14.

It appears I'm one of the less fortunate ones here when it comes to FE.
I'd not call you less fortunate - I think it's the city we live in.
My MY'11 Verna Petrol AT gives ~11kmpl on average for my daily run in NCR (it's a 85km round-trip for me, with the first leg not facing much traffic since I leave early morning, but almost bumper-to-bumper on the way back). For the morning runs, the MID shows ~13.5kmpl, for evenings it's ~9kmpl.
For highway runs, the highest I've got is ~15kmpl.
Old 20th October 2017, 08:08   #5033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKavadi View Post
I drive the 2012 Honda City which has covered around 46000 kms. My current work commute is 4 kilometres one way from Sion to BKC through they very congested LBS road. The FE that i see on the odo is a shocking 7.8 kmpl. This has been the case for 3-4 months now.

Is there anyway that this may be considered par for the course?

There is no stretch on the commute where I can drive beyond 40-45 kmph and there is one signal with b2b traffic.

Is there anything I can do to improve this? Genuinely frustrated.
I'm in somewhat similar situation. I commute from Tilak Nagar to BKC almost in first two gears. My Polo returns around 9-10 kmpl.
There is nothing we can do I guess other than taking Ola/Uber to work.
Old 21st October 2017, 18:47   #5034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArvindMaveric View Post
My 2012 Renault Duster 85 PS is giving me a mileage of 11-13 in Bangalore city with AC always on. On the highway, it improves but greatly depends on driving. I’ve seen it touch 20+, but mostly I get between 16-18 (sedate+aggressive driving). I tank up only at Shell and have tried altering my driving pattern, but I haven’t noticed any significant improvement in mileage.

Also, I use an app that gets data from the OBD2 port. That gives me the FE for each trip. When I compare the sum of it with the FE reading on the Odo, the Odo reading is higher. So I don’t know which one to trust.
Do you mind sharing the App you are using to track trip details? I am in the middle of setting up my new Android based system and am looking at options for tracking my trips.
Old 21st October 2017, 23:12   #5035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Do you mind sharing the App you are using to track trip details? I am in the middle of setting up my new Android based system and am looking at options for tracking my trips.
I use fuelio to track my mileage and trip details. You can also use it to log service details and sundry expenses.
Old 22nd October 2017, 01:32   #5036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I use fuelio to track my mileage and trip details. You can also use it to log service details and sundry expenses.
I was actually looking for an App which reads / calculates trip details directly from a OBD2 scanner.
Old 22nd October 2017, 15:19   #5037
BHPian

Quote:
I was actually looking for an App which reads / calculates trip details directly from a OBD2 scanner.
The Verna diesel has the Hyundai Autolink app that can do this. The VIN needs to be tied to the mobile number and the dealership has no clue on how to do this
Old 23rd October 2017, 20:59   #5038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Honda City 1.5 iVTEC 2008 Dec, 1,28,xxx Km

12-14.5 on Kerala highways, including town. Tank full to tank full method, usually gets 400 - 450 Kms for 29 to 32 liters of petrol.
389 kilometers - 32 liters.
Efficiency - 12.15 kmpl.
Cost per kilometer - 5.91 Rs/km.
Old 25th October 2017, 11:18   #5039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
The Verna diesel has the Hyundai Autolink app that can do this. The VIN needs to be tied to the mobile number and the dealership has no clue on how to do this
Unfortunately this is only for the top-end variant of the Verna. There are several 3rd party products that allow you to track your trips and provide OBD diagnostics, but just wanted to try the generic App-based ones before spending money on these new age "connected car" products.
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 11:32   #5040
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately this is only for the top-end variant of the Verna. There are several 3rd party products that allow you to track your trips and provide OBD diagnostics, but just wanted to try the generic App-based ones before spending money on these new age "connected car" products.
It is working now and is very useful. Provides a good summary of fuel efficiency and driving style

Most Viewed