Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car will you PUT YOUR MONEY ON?
Skoda Octavia RS 103 43.28%
Old Honda City Vtec 45 18.91%
Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX 54 22.69%
Maruti Suzuki Baleno 36 15.13%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2007, 11:41   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Goes to show how easily one can turn a blind eye to such things. Suiting yourself? Or maybe what if I were to tell you that I know of some silent members on this very forum who have faced issues as well? Maybe they might not like to have their problems discussed in public, PM me for further details if you want. Their experiences could help you some day too.
Dude I talk to adventure, petra and Palio 1.6 owners everytime I go and get my car serviced. A friend's S10 is more than a lakh kilometers old... still I did say whatever happened to your GTX's was indeed unfortunate, what else do you expect? Thanks for the offer though....

Quote:
Get a life! And you seem to be able to read my mind better than me? Infact, I wasn't the one who bought the baleno talks into this in the first place. It was finney. So go figure. You don't see me calling Fiat or its cars or its owners "sissy" or defending the interiors of the baleno or any of its cons. Go figure why. I am not here to force my opinions down your throat or to prove a point that baleno is better than palio. Unlike you. Wonder whose calling names?
Just read through the whole thread, we were just voting when you came up with this...
Quote:
Also, one tiny question to the Fiat voters. How many of you have owned the 1.6? And those who have the 1.2L why didn't you buy the 1.6? And for how long have you had experience with driving a 1.6? This would go a long way in understanding the psyche behind such referrals.
I am not obliged to answer your question... you dont deserve it.
And this...
Quote:
True, specially when her car still looks brand new on the outside and inside. Has a suspension failure, cassette player failure, headlamp switching mechanism failure, reverse gear problem, wheel bearing failure (with the wheel almost about to fall off), blown piston rings. If I am not wrong the car has perfect service history, spending most of its time at the workshop waiting for the parts to land up. Another friends car certainly had a brake failure. And two other cars I know ended up with wanting engine rebuilds at 80k or thereabouts (and they drive normally by most standards). Instead they sold the cars. Another friend sold his Sienna for 75k. I could go on and on you know. Bottom line is : Not everybody is as bad at taking cars as you think. Sorry for going OT
Quote:
Bigger EGO's and the lack to take up criticism to begin with? Go figure why!
I have figured it out.... you're just a big laugh no less no more. And I consider the above statement as an insult and you have generalized it to all FIAT owners. Mods please have a look and I would agree with amit when he says that FIAT owners have always been made fun of by people like you on the forum. The forum has given us a lot, but this blatant poking and making fun of the FIAT owners is getting a bit too much.

Quote:
Boss, I just pointed out at all users saying that:
1. Most who advocate an RS would not put down their money when it matters most. Mostly because it is way out of budget.
2. Not many would buy a Vtec costing 10L, they would have it 2nd hand instead.
3. Most 1.6 owners are content with their car, but its getting a habit to see the 1.2 owners harping more about the 1.6 (than the owners themselves) on almost every post and thread.
Boss dont point it out... I know and I have given my vote and why I choose a particular car should be of least concern to you. I know my cars alright.

Quote:
I am trying to remain as neutral in this issue as possible. But some of you don't seem to get it. Do you? Wonder why? Lack of good spirit or.....
Neutral... haaaaaah! I loved this forum and I enjoyed reading your threads and posts but after this thread and your prejudice aganist FIAT owners and cars, I think otherwise. Some people just have it in them to spoil it all.

Enough said.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 22nd July 2007 at 11:44.
Old 22nd July 2007, 11:41   #107
Senior - BHPian

i dont think the baleno was priced at 10lakhs when it was launched ...

the oHC i.5 exi was 8.25 lakhs ( i remember seing the invoice of my car's first owner ) and i dont think baleno was launched above the OHC's price...max it mite have matched it...

actually i think the localisation, and cost cutting in the interiors helped bring down the price...but nevertheless i suspect, at the lauch price levels, maruti had a attrocious margin(profit ) in the baleno ( which of course they never got to make - if only , maruti had minorly tweaked the front end and the rear tail lamps - it could have sold pretty well.....

SX4- IMHO if launched back in 2001 - i feel may not have done well...bcos this whole tall boy, cab forward kind of design has caught on only after 2004 when the NHC was lauched. that too, the NHC - type 1 was also not very liked on the looks department..its only after the ZX, came in that the cab forward look started sinking in...

hence imho - an SX4 look alike back in 2001 may not have done well...
Old 22nd July 2007, 12:17   #108
BHPian

I voted for Palio 1.6 sports....
cause i own one and love every moment i spend with the car..
I think there is no other car that can deliver what palio 1.6 can at a mere 5 lacs...imho

Agreed there are better performance rides now in market but none available sub 10lacs...save baleno alone

given any day...i will swear by the palio 1.6
Old 22nd July 2007, 12:27   #109
Senior - BHPian

Children please try to grow up. Else go out into the school yard and thulp and kick the hell out of each other - just dont tell us about it.
Old 22nd July 2007, 12:28   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
i dont think the baleno was priced at 10lakhs when it was launched ...

the oHC i.5 exi was 8.25 lakhs ( i remember seing the invoice of my car's first owner ) and i dont think baleno was launched above the OHC's price...max it mite have matched it...
Sorry Narayan. I guess it was approximately priced between 9 to 10 lakhs. I could be wrong.
Old 22nd July 2007, 12:59   #111
Senior - BHPian

within city limit : The GTX

intercity with two: Cedia Sport ( Red )

Family : Dicor Ex
Old 22nd July 2007, 15:27   #112
BHPian

the rs
i bought the corolla and in a month i hear the rs going to be launched
still curse when i look at a rs
Old 22nd July 2007, 16:40   #113
BHPian

My vote goes to RS, Second choice would be a OHC.
Old 22nd July 2007, 18:53   #114
Senior - BHPian

So far the RS seems to lead the pack without a doubt.

Let us focus on the votes instead of trying to find reasons for why someone voted for X Y or Z - that is futile - they voted because they wanted to vote for a particular car. Period.

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2007, 19:08   #115

Voted for the palio.
Saw a palio 1.6 GTX second hand. 1.85 lacs. There is no better VFM car available at that kinda price.

I have been around in the VRs it's an absolute no-brainer that it feels the safest amongst any of the cars mentioned over here.

As for the Baleno it's just agreat car anyways.. but just for the looks.

The V-tec is another bomb though. But just the price concerns. Also I have read that a GTX will handle better than a CIty on the track ...just wanted to verify .. Anyone can clear that ?

Lastly the sad part.
But my dad wants to buy a ZEN just because it has better FE.
Old 22nd July 2007, 21:12   #116
BHPian

I voted for Palio 1.6 GTX.

I am one of fortunate guys to get a palio 1.6 GTX(with ABS, Airbags) at 1.9L in Bangalore recently I took her for a long drive last week.. it was indeed a pleasure driving on the highway. I also got a decent mileage of 15kmpl (with AC on 90% of time). I really wonder if you get better VFM in any other car at this price.

With regards
Ravi
Old 22nd July 2007, 22:04   #117
BHPian

I have voted for 1.6 GTX.

Actually for me, it was a tie between Baleno and 1.6 GTX. Palio won because it looks soooo much better than Baleno

IMO, RS is out of budget and VTech was not a VFM.
Old 22nd July 2007, 22:11   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hello, what have we here? Seems like a free-for-all. Interesting that most of the people who have voted have probably never driven all the cars on the list, or any at all.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd July 2007 at 12:10. Reason: Thanks, but your suggestion to amit is not required on this thread. You guys can discuss this over PM if reqd.
Old 22nd July 2007, 22:24   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
I voted for Palio 1.6 GTX.
I am one of fortunate guys to get a palio 1.6 GTX(with ABS, Airbags)
With regards
Ravi
Time to update your signature then buddy
Old 22nd July 2007, 22:25   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Seems like a free-for-all. Interesting that most of the people who have voted have probably never driven all the cars on the list, or any at all.
Is that a problem?
If that is the case, it should have made clear at the start of the thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks