Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car will you PUT YOUR MONEY ON?
Skoda Octavia RS 103 43.28%
Old Honda City Vtec 45 18.91%
Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX 54 22.69%
Maruti Suzuki Baleno 36 15.13%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2007, 12:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Fiat India website says 100PS which certainly is not 100bhp IMO. Or is this figures for only the Stile?
The old GTX was 100 bhp car. Its small, with a stiffened suspension its fun to throw around, the stiff chassis will take all the beating without a murmur, the steering is deliciously direct and full of feel and when you are not driving this thing, you can just open and close doors just to listen to that amazing thunk when you close the doors and did I tell you it looks the part in red. I love the driver centric interiors where everything just falls to hand. And the best part, all this for under 5.5 lakhs, I wish it had better brakes and a ferrari badge
Old 21st July 2007, 12:06   #62
Senior - BHPian

Either the RS of the OHC Vtec for me. Only thing is RS can be bought new but the Vtec would be a preowned one.
Old 21st July 2007, 12:19   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme torque
I wish it had better brakes and a ferrari badge
Its not that tough you know. And while you are at it, I am sure a lot many here would be glad to follow you as well .

Quote:
you can just open and close doors just to listen to that amazing thunk when you close the doors
And one such time the power window unit just fell into my hands as well. I am talking about my aunt's GTX here .
Old 21st July 2007, 12:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its not that tough you know. And while you are at it, I am sure a lot many here would be glad to follow you as well .
Bingo and you can do it tooo!

Quote:
And one such time the power window unit just fell into my hands as well. I am talking about my aunt's GTX here .
They dont maintain their cars well..... they need some lessons from you
Old 21st July 2007, 12:42   #65
BHPian

Well I already own a Palio 1.6 with ABS and stuff for some time now and as a normal human tendancy, I voted for Skoda RS, it being the ultimate drivers car in the UNDER 15L price catagory.

P.S: As for the drivers cars manufactured here in India, I would request cars such as BMW 3 series and Honda Civic to be included in this poll as well.
Old 21st July 2007, 12:46   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Bingo and you can do it tooo!
That won't be needed, I am amongst the content lot you know. Besides to a few us badging doesn't matter. Its what we get.

Quote:
They dont maintain their cars well..... they need some lessons from you
True, specially when her car still looks brand new on the outside and inside. Has a suspension failure, cassette player failure, headlamp switching mechanism failure, reverse gear problem, wheel bearing failure (with the wheel almost about to fall off), blown piston rings. If I am not wrong the car has perfect service history, spending most of its time at the workshop waiting for the parts to land up. Another friends car certainly had a brake failure. And two other cars I know ended up with wanting engine rebuilds at 80k or thereabouts (and they drive normally by most standards). Instead they sold the cars. Another friend sold his Sienna for 75k. I could go on and on you know. Bottom line is : Not everybody is as bad at taking cars as you think. Sorry for going OT.

PS: Btw, a few of these people give me a complex when they see my car. I feel pale in comparison, so beautiful are their cars (no joking).
Old 21st July 2007, 13:02   #67
BHPian

i wonder why honda civic is not included i this poll???
Old 21st July 2007, 13:14   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I see Swift missing in the poll!
Specially when following poll declares it most popular hatchback in TEAM BHP circle.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-vote-now.html (Which Hatchback - Vote now)
MCL bhai, Please include swift in the poll too.
Though I have already voted for OHC - VTEC .
Old 21st July 2007, 13:31   #69
BANNED

1. Interesting to note that only 1 out of the 40 who voted for the RS owned one. Which means only 2.5%.
2. 4 out of the 19 voted own a OHC Vtec. i.e 21% .
3. 11 out of the 26 voted own a GTX or a adventure or a petra 1.6 i.e 42% .
4. 8 out of the 17 voted own a Baleno i.e 47%.

So from what I could infer:

1. RS is everyones dream car, but most can't afford it.
2. OHC Vtec is one car most people recommend but many would not buy it brand new? Most cars here are 2nd hand.
3. Some people put their money where their mouth is and buy a Palio 1.6. Others who own a Fiat will do nothing but vote for a Fiat only? (you can see for yourself from the poll only with only 3 out of the 30+ Fiat owners voting for other cars).
4. Baleno owners also contribute to putting their money where their mouth is, but also give equal though before voting? 4 baleno owners (out of 12) have also voted for other cars.

Could anyone else who is good at doing an analysis come up with something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merains
i wonder why honda civic is not included i this poll???
How many Civic's do we have here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_j
MCL bhai, Please include swift in the poll too.
I would love to, but Ajay we are talking about performance (or perceived by many) cars here. Cars for which arguments and debates are fought over. No offense to swift owners here. It would be fair to include the esteem in the poll in that case.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 21st July 2007 at 13:34.
Old 21st July 2007, 14:08   #70
BHPian

Civic

I would have voted for the CIVIC ,but the option isnt there.

The civic is missing here!

Last edited by dhirajs : 21st July 2007 at 14:19.
Old 21st July 2007, 14:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Besides to a few us badging doesn't matter. Its what we get.
What makes you think that it matters to me... but some people on the forum have problems with FIAT's.

Quote:
True, specially when her car still looks brand new on the outside and inside. Has a suspension failure, cassette player failure, headlamp switching mechanism failure, reverse gear problem, wheel bearing failure (with the wheel almost about to fall off), blown piston rings. If I am not wrong the car has perfect service history, spending most of its time at the workshop waiting for the parts to land up. Another friends car certainly had a brake failure. And two other cars I know ended up with wanting engine rebuilds at 80k or thereabouts (and they drive normally by most standards). Instead they sold the cars. Another friend sold his Sienna for 75k. I could go on and on you know. Bottom line is : Not everybody is as bad at taking cars as you think. Sorry for going OT.

PS: Btw, a few of these people give me a complex when they see my car. I feel pale in comparison, so beautiful are their cars (no joking).
So many 'lemons' around you... i wonder.... On a serious note that will make anyone go bonkers even thinking about buying a FIAT. By the way my friend has a 1 lakh+ kms run S10 and the engine is as good as new. I have come accross many FIAT's with more than 70k's on the clock and no problems wat so ever in the engine department.
Old 21st July 2007, 14:56   #72
BHPian

lets be real here. if money was no bar, the skoda rs is the obvious choice. but if its my own money i am spending, i might as well go out and get an ohc vtec for 4-odd-lacs and be happy seeing everyone else in my rear view mirror.
Old 21st July 2007, 15:06   #73
BHPian

Quote:
1. Interesting to note that only 1 out of the 40 who voted for the RS owned one. Which means only 2.5%.
So from what I could infer:

1. RS is everyones dream car, but most can't afford it.

How many Civic's do we have here?

It would be fair to include the esteem in the poll in that case.
such is life my friend.
also on a OT note, the Civic and the Esteem do deserve an inclusion in the poll. the Civic plainly because its just a fraction of second slower than the RS and brings a completely better package than the RS, but i still will go for the RS. but Civic, anyhow, does deserve a mention.
Also Esteem is a very good fast car. i have pushed my relative's esteem and can safely say that its definitely comparable to GTX if not the baleno.
only if it had wider rubber, i wudnt have stepped out of the damn car with a wet pair of jeans.
Old 21st July 2007, 15:08   #74
Team-BHP Support

Nah I don't think the civic deserves mention here. It's not all that great, whether performance or handling both are no great shakes.

If that were the case even the cedia should be here.
Old 21st July 2007, 15:31   #75
BHPian

Yellow Skoda Octavia RS

Have voted for RS, it was my dream car, alas out of budget.

I went for Palio 1.6 instead and have totally fallen in love with it. The car is a driving enthusiast's delight.

Mindblowing performance for a hatch under 4.5L, simply mindblowing!!

Have driven OHC VTEC once and loved its sporty seating, not a bad car at all

Talking of Baleno, well its a decent car. But too bland looking.

Would love to get hold of a Yellow Octavia RS somewhere down the line
(will have to be pre-owned since they have stopped making yellow RS)

Last edited by adya33 : 21st July 2007 at 17:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks