Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2023, 18:31   #76
BHPian

Re: Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most

’2004 Palio Sports - my first car

Palio will always be special to me, fondly named Hazel. Loved Hazel for power, funky colours and bold styling. Many memories of long drives, composed rides and handling.

Definitely ahead of its time (kitna deti hai age).
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-palio.jpg  

sanstorm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 20:02   #77
SRM
BHPian

Oh what a car this was! My previous car, my beloved Maruti SX4, going to miss her for life. They had a tagline "Men are Back" and truly what an apt line that was.

The car offered a powerful engine (1.6L petrol!), amazing ground clearance, good interiors with latest features of that time and absolute zero peace of mind while driving. In many ways what it offered was something that you don't associate with a Maruti. You could just take that car anywhere on any type of roads and trust her to do its job! Don't think they'll ever make sedans like her!!

Till date not only me, but my entire family, in-laws and friends miss that car and always tell me what a lovely and spacious car that was, so many memories with that car! I wish Maruti had kept it alive with regular updates, as they had a gem which they didn't nurture.

The pic here is of her last day with me and it still breaks my heart to see this pic when I had to let her go. But she had served very very well, the longest we have held onto a car so far!!!!

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-sx4.jpg
SRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 21:15   #78

For me it's my Duster 85 PS Diesel RXS Manual that I've sold recently and upgraded to the Scorpio N Z8L AT 2WD. The Greyhound had served us well over the years and has been a reliable companion at every road trip we took as a family.

I wanted to upgrade to a vehicle that's automatic and has more safety features and hence with a heavy heart had to move on.. Plus Renault's service operations in India was not very confidence inspiring.

My family loved the car to bits as they've always felt safe and comfortable.

Here's a picture just before giving it away to the exchange guys..
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_1648.jpg  

Nero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 23:06   #79

There are many cars that I wish we didn't sell. My dad had an Ambassador back in the days. The car in which I grew up. We had it repainted three times from a light ash blue to dark blue to white. At one point my dad even had an esteem steering fitted in it. Changing the gears to floor gears, putting in new bucket seats instead of bench seats. Those were the days when people buy a petrol Amby take it to Coimbatore and replace the engine with a matador or isuzu diesel engines. Lot of memories of going all over Kerala and Tamilnadu in our Ambassador . Dad sold it after using it for close to 15 years due to endless issues.

But the car which I had to recently sell very reluctantly was my BMW X3 20d. When I took the decision to move back to India from UK last year I had to sell everything I owned. I didn't drop a tear when I sold the first and only house I ever owned or the many things I collected over 10 + years of my UK life. But when I sold my X3 it was not easy. The sight of someone else driving my car away from me was very emotional. I had it for 4 years. The 43000 miles that I drove the X3 was some of the best times I had. The pictures were taken in Lake district in Kirkstone Pass. The day I will not forget as it was one of the best driving day of my life.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img20220319174823.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img20220319174800.jpg  

ashpkd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 23:09   #80
BHPian

When it comes to relationship, I had lots of exes. However when it comes to automobiles, I am a 'One car man'

Still going strong for 9 Years
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-20230102_200511.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 23:19   #81
BHPian

Cheating and listing 2 cars:

1. My first ever new car, a 2000 Mustang V6 convertible when I lived in California. Put 90,000 miles on it over 9 years while exploring much of the west coast. In hindsight, wish I had pushed it beyond 100mph a few times at least.

2. A 2005 Corolla Altis that we drove in Singapore for 8 years. Both my boys spent their first few years in this vehicle, which will always have a special place in my heart.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-b58413068ad342d7a25b6388d8035dc1.jpeg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-470c433a1d944b87bcfb9cb00816e467.jpeg  

Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 00:26   #82
BHPian

The Hyundai Elantra 2013 1.8 SX AT holds a special place in my heart as it was my very first car that I purchased with my own hard-earned money back in 2018 when I was 25 years old. When I acquired the vehicle, it had only run 29,000 kilometers, and since then, I have embarked on numerous memorable journeys across different parts of the country. From the scenic landscapes of Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Sikkim, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Bihar, Maharastra to the captivating regions of Assam and West Bengal, my trusty Elantra never let me down. It provided me with reliable transportation without a single breakdown throughout its time with me.

However, in January of this year, I had to make the difficult decision to sell the car due to significant engine and suspension issues, as well as exorbitant maintenance costs. Despite reaching an impressive mileage of 130,000 kilometers, the wear and tear on the vehicle had taken its toll. It was a bittersweet parting with my beloved Elantra, but I knew it was time for a change. Consequently, I replaced it with an upgraded model, the Octavia 2.0 TSI, which I hope will continue to accompany me on many more unforgettable adventures.

Here are some pictures of my Ex car
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img20230526wa0002.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img20230526wa0000.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img20230526wa0001.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img20230526wa0005.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img20230526wa0009.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-20220619_095840.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-20230526_001652.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img20230526wa0008.jpg  

LONG_TOURER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 08:34   #83
BHPian

My first car - a Fiat Grande Sports

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-fiatgrandesports.jpg

Not a single day goes by when I don't wake up in the morning, reminiscence this Italian beauty & mourn selling it.
A part of me left with her, never to be re-united again.
tabrez is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 11:11   #84

This thread brings in lots of nostalgic feeling. I always love driving cars and that's were I started developing interests on various cars and follow new launches. My journey started with FIAT PALIO NV which I miss it for the color and pride of driving and owning it. Perhaps the entire market at that point in time was with Maruti and Hyundai.

On the same grounds I miss the SKODA FABIA TDI AMBIENTE version. This was my first diesel car and its torque and straight line stability are the ones which I miss.
Old 26th May 2023, 13:13   #85

Gone but not forgotten for me is 1989 Honda CRX Si that bought while in US in 1994. It had about 50K miles when I got it, I sold it in 2000 with about 110K miles. Really enjoyed every mile driving it. Here is the pic on the day I had to let it go.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-02.jpg  

scar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 17:46   #86

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-1.jpg

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-2.jpg

The very first car I owned, a Fiat Punto Emotion Pack, served me through countless miles along the countryside roads to the cities. I was forced to part with it due to my career choice, but it still was the best wheels, I have ever ridden. I really wish someday FIAT makes a comeback to India so that we will get real cars on our roads.
envira is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 00:11   #87
BHPian

Miss this pocket rocket - Punto Sports 90HP Absolute.
Was absolute gem to drive around.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-punto1.jpg
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-punto2.jpg
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-punto3.jpeg
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 19:30   #88
BHPian

I don't have an ex. So no "one that got away". Our family doesn't believe in selling our vehicles. And I'm only in my late 30's and love both my cars. My older one is a 2010 Honda City that gives me a lot of fun in the city.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img20210902194939.jpg  

Old 28th May 2023, 23:24   #89
BHPian

Very nostalgic thread. It is satisfying to see many Fiats in the messages
Mine too is one. Have had a few cars. But the one that still tugs my heart is my Fiat Palio Adventure. Red one. It took me and my buddies to many remote roads and forests around Bangalore
Had to sell it as I had to move out of state. Could have kept it on hindsight. Later my Duster filed in for the Adventure very ably
thalavoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 14:59   #90
BHPian

Cars and bikes do not remain just a mode of transportation for some people, after some time they become like a family member, whose regular care is like your duty and who reciprocate when required. They can make or mar your day depending upon how you have taken care of them. And over a period of time, they become an ineradicable part of your memory. Same was the case with my Fourth Generation Honda City which I sold off with a heavy heart in 2019. Quality (not build) and performance wise, it’s difficult to beat a Honda, and my City lived up to the promise. All worked well till the time I was using her within the confines of a city or on highways, but what didn’t click was my transfer to the lap of Dooars and the bad roads off the highways there which is a problem for this car due to it’s relatively low ground clearance. The underbelly thuds and hits were like blows to my chest and with a really heavy heart, with just 32000 kms on the odo, after five years I sold it to another car enthusiast who promised to take equally good care of her. Not a scratch, no major niggles except a transmission seal leakage which was replaced under warranty, the new proud owner must have thanked me from the bottom of his heart. What a pleasure it was to drive. Butter smooth engine and transmission, the ride quality, the comfort of the rear seat (read sofa), everything is unmatchable. Even the children used to enjoy the drives like anything which takes owner satisfaction to just another level.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20230618_142759.jpg

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20190123_083942.jpg

Undertook quite a few long drives like Faridkot to Delhi and back in a day, Faridkot to Kolkata in 3 days, overnight drives from Faridkot to Chandigarh, Amritsar, Shimla, Kasauli etc, Faridkot to Binaguri over 3 days, Binaguri to Kolkata in a day….all with entire family and boot full of luggage. Negligible driver fatigue and not on a single occasion has it let me down.
The good times that we spent together will always remain etched in our memory.
Truly gone from the garage, but not from the memory….

Last edited by aviator1101 : 18th June 2023 at 15:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks