Team-BHP - Indian Car Sales Figures - Top Performers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Indian Car Sales Figures - Top Performers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2661-indian-car-sales-figures-top-performers.html)

Sales figures of top-performers from January 2004 - June 2004. Half yearly report.

B Segment

Maruti Alto - 53582 Units
Hyundai Santro - 49359
Tata Indica - 48738
Maruti Zen - 33377
Maruti WagonR - 33363

C Segment

Tata Indigo - 17359
New Honda City - 14606
Ford Ikon - 12082
Hyundai Accent - 11397

D Segment

Honda Accord - 1508
Hyundai Sonata - 520
Toyota Camry - 482

SUVs

Ford Endeavour - 121
Hyundai Terracan - 45
Suzuki Grand Vitara - 20
Chevy Forester - 10
Mitsubishi Pajero - 10

Numbers for the Maruti 800, C+ segment and MUVs are yet to be released. As soon as they are, this post will be updated. No numbers were available for the Honda CR-V as they had some supply constraints.

Hyundai has also been facing some serious capacity constraints, which is the result of export orders for the Santro. It is due to this reason that the Getz has been delayed.

Source - Economic Times Article

Hmm...Intresting figures...Most suprising part was that the Terracan has sold more than the Vitara! Both are almost same priced, Vitara is way better package with mind blowing performance,guess being petrol is whr it let down.Endeavour not much to my suprise is the king in the segment outselling the rest by a large number good to see that they have sold 115 after my car,My car being the 6th sold according to the dealer
Good to see that the middle-class and lower middle class have moved upfrom the 800 to the alto which according to me a better car.
Accord not to my surpise comes out as the king by triple the numbers compared to the its rivals.
Also,Suprised to see that the new honda city is not outselling the rest.Its a much better car than the indigo in my opinon..Thats a TATA this is a HONDA! No comparision...I guess the figures r lower because of its later launch and too much waiting time for delivery.Total value for money car.

My, my now isn't that something. Hyundai Accent, the least selling C segment car?

I'm not surprised the Indigo still leads the list.

With the Accord though, i knew it even before i loaded this page. BTW, where's the Mondeo?

I'm sure the Corolla and Optra will be the top 2 cars in the C + segment.

The Forester sales were a let down, no takers for a Subaru???

Regards...
Shan2nu

and where is the "NEW" [img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img] maruti esteem

~A

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]My, my now isn't that something. Hyundai Accent, the least selling C segment car?

Nope, its actually the third best in C segment sales. Its the lowest on the list provided.

GTO

ya interesting.... WagonR is selling as much as the zen.... I actually want to see zen go down... That might teach Maruti a lesson, that zen and esteem are finished .. they have had their life.

SLK i guess its the new design...Zen is a good car otherwise.

Hey where is the most common suv on the roads today..the CRV?? thats suprising..

Oops..i didnt read the last line..will be waiting for these figures cuz i think they should be the top..but pretty nice..

oh!! the Endeavour sells nearly 3,6,12 times its rivals... Ford has really introduced a winner.!

Well for the Indigo.. i know.. it has 2 months waiting..infact my car was bookd on 27th March and i recieved the delivery on 25th May LOL!!!

Hi, shravan316.. the point here is not if Zen is good or bad... Its Maruti's Strategy of fooling around with old models which is going to finish it.

Zen is almost the same to the B segment as esteem is to the C. Both are fine cars, but their time is almost up (more so for the esteem).

Must say I am not surprised with the resuts at all.
Only dissapointing segment is the D segment. Honda Accord is the obvious leader but - Sonata at no.2 !!!! And isnt the Camry way overpriced?? Whatever happened to the Mondeos and the Vectras?

any figures for palio.
are u sure about the endeavour .......
it sold 185 units in the first month it self.
at last the ikon kicked the accents buttt

I dunno how many of you see this but the Accord literally is creating a niche for itself. 1500 cars in 6 months? Heck i think that was their target for the whole year last year. So i guess 3000 cars by the end of the year seems highly probable. To think of it, the D segment has really arrived. Earlier on if someone did 100 cars a month, it was considered amazing. Now doin 250 cars seems more like it.

Revv

But where is Skoda? Don't tell me Skoda is doing so badly? Unbelievable!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Suprised to see that the new honda city is not outselling the rest.Its a much better car than the indigo in my opinon..Thats a TATA this is a HONDA! No comparision...I guess the figures r lower because of its later launch and too much waiting time for delivery.Total value for money car.

Not to forget PRICE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]My, my now isn't that something. Hyundai Accent, the least selling C segment car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]at last the ikon kicked the accents buttt

Hey Shan2nu n Lambo,
(as GTO said 4th best selling as the other cars arent on the list), but also i think the Viva has majorly "eaten" into the Accent's sales. Would be interesting to see what the viva sales are.
But i am suprised at the Ikons sales! quite impressive.
Also wondering what the CRV sales are even though they had limited supply!

cya
R