Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2023, 10:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

1st-gen Mercedes GLC removed from official website

Mercedes-Benz India has delisted the GLC SUV from its official website, which suggests that the model may have been discontinued.

1st-gen Mercedes GLC removed from official website-pc121678.jpg

The Mercedes-Benz GLC was launched in 2016 and received a facelift in 2019. The SUV received another update in January 2021. Meanwhile, the second-generation model went on sale globally last year and should be introduced in the Indian market in the third quarter of this year.

In India, the Mercedes-Benz GLC was offered with 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol engine developed 194 BHP and 320 Nm, while the diesel packed 192 BHP and 400 Nm. Both engines were paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission.

The second-gen GLC comes with a 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder engine paired with a 48v mild-hybrid system. The GLC 300 packs 257 BHP and 400 Nm, with the mild-hybrid system providing an additional boost of 23 BHP and 200 Nm.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 25th May 2023 at 10:41.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 11:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: 1st-gen Mercedes GLC removed from official website

This was expected considering the new gen GLC is slated to launch in India this year and easily the biggest launch for the brand in 2023. Im expecting it to priced much higher than the outgoing model. Wouldn't be surprised to see it inch towards the 1 cr mark OTR.
Dippy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 11:52   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1st-gen Mercedes GLC removed from official website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
easily the biggest launch for the brand in 2023
Well said. The GLC does about 1500 sales / year and is a very important product for Mercedes India. Although, the 1st-gen GLC had gotten too long in the tooth and was feeling too bland, too outdated. The next-gen car looks better. I hope it also drives better (current GLC was too boring).

Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised to see it inch towards the 1 cr mark OTR.
Really? The current GLC was 70 - 80 lakhs OTR. 1-crore is ridiculous money for a GLC. But then, the C-Class is now a 70-lakh OTR car
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 19:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Really? The current GLC was 70 - 80 lakhs OTR. 1-crore is ridiculous money for a GLC. But then, the C-Class is now a 70-lakh OTR car

A brand new GLC had come to to the garage around 3 months ago for getting a PPF right after delivery. I casually asked him what the on-road price was. He replied 84 lakhs. So a crore can't be far away.
Dippy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 23:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
A brand new GLC had come to to the garage around 3 months ago for getting a PPF right after delivery. I casually asked him what the on-road price was. He replied 84 lakhs. So a crore can't be far away.
Paid 84 and some in September last year. Mercedes has done at least two hikes for other models after that. I'd be royally pissed if the new one doesn't touch 1 Cr on road
bordeaux is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 23:57   #6
BHPian

With the new GLB standing at 63.8 Lakhs Ex-Showroom, I have no doubt GLC will be brought in at 75+ lakhs Ex-Showroom.

And... 80 Lakhs for the initially brought in CBUs.
ghost-was-here is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 19:07   #7
BANNED

Here's a side-by-side comparo from the US
SNA411 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 12:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-was-here View Post
With the new GLB standing at 63.8 Lakhs Ex-Showroom, I have no doubt GLC will be brought in at 75+ lakhs Ex-Showroom.

And... 80 Lakhs for the initially brought in CBUs.
Was the new c class first brought in as a CBU? I don’t remember the prices decreasing, only increasing as time went by.

I think only S class was initially offered as a CBU and then as CKD this time around.
Old 28th May 2023, 22:53   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Was the new c class first brought in as a CBU? I don’t remember the prices decreasing, only increasing as time went by.

I think only S class was initially offered as a CBU and then as CKD this time around.
This time C class wasn't brought in as CBU (or atleast the dealer i spoke to made no such claim).

But Mercedes did do this with previous C and GLC. CBU were brought in. Then CKD was introduced. Prices were corrected but with feature deletion (in CKD).

One could argue that the GLC is very important car for Mercedes and might be introduced directly as CKD but with the new prices I don't think that even Mercedes would be too hopeful to pull in numbers like before. So it may decide to bring in as CBU to help people absorb the initial sticker price shock.
Old 29th May 2023, 01:06   #10
BHPian

MB should have done this earlier when they launched the GLB because two products in similar price bracket that too with similar body styles will only confuse prospective customers.Personally I like the GLB more than the GLC ,it’s newer ,more roomy inside and looks like a mini GLS with proper SUV stance especially from the side and back contrary to the crossover stance of GLC.
Old 30th May 2023, 10:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VwRabbit View Post
MB should have done this earlier when they launched the GLB because two products in similar price bracket that too with similar body styles will only confuse prospective customers.Personally I like the GLB more than the GLC ,it’s newer ,more roomy inside and looks like a mini GLS with proper SUV stance especially from the side and back contrary to the crossover stance of GLC.
It looks better and has more features than the current glc due to it being a newer generation but it definitely doesn’t have more space. It’s smaller than the glc and has 3 rows of seats crammed in.
Old 30th May 2023, 23:53   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
It looks better and has more features than the current glc due to it being a newer generation but it definitely doesn’t have more space. It’s smaller than the glc and has 3 rows of seats crammed in.
The GLC has more wheelbase than the GLB but that doesn’t equate to more space on the inside.The GLC has slightly better shoulder room due to the wider stance but that’s about it in all other areas the GLB shines except for more cargo space because of lack of third row in the GLC ,and yes can only compare new GLB to the GLC that was on sale the new one has not been released yet.
Attaching pics of info on both the cars from an official MB dealer page.
Attached Thumbnails
1st-gen Mercedes GLC removed from official website-img_1106.jpeg  

1st-gen Mercedes GLC removed from official website-img_1107.jpeg  

Last edited by VwRabbit : 31st May 2023 at 00:19.
Old 31st May 2023, 01:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VwRabbit View Post
The GLC has more wheelbase than the GLB but that doesn’t equate to more space on the inside.The GLC has slightly better shoulder room due to the wider stance but that’s about it in all other areas the GLB shines except for more cargo space because of lack of third row in the GLC ,and yes can only compare new GLB to the GLC that was on sale the new one has not been released yet.
Attaching pics of info on both the cars from an official MB dealer page.

The discontinued GLC is 20mm longer and wider than the GLB. The screenshot only talks about space in the first row, the rest of them are pretty poor and 3rd row is for namesake only.

I do love the looks of the GLB though and FWD is not a dealbreaker for me since it is a crossover/suv

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks