Team-BHP - Palio / Adventure in Diesel?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Palio / Adventure in Diesel? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26655-palio-adventure-diesel.html)

Is there any possibility of palio or adventure having a diesel version?
Does any insider have any info?
Is the tie up with that truckwalla prohibiting them from launching a diesel version?

Chances for a Palio / Adventure Diesel seem bleak in the near future. The only diesels next expected are on the Punto/Linea. They will be the 1.3 and 1.9. Its mainly due to the Indica-Palio conflict of interest.

Hi Subscrive. Production of diesel cars from Fiat have stopped quite recently. I don't think they will come out with a Diesel engined Fiat before they get the engine and transmission unit in Ranjangaon functional. This should happen by 2008.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohit333 (Post 508432)
Chances for a Palio / Adventure Diesel seem bleak in the near future. The only diesels next expected are on the Punto/Linea. They will be the 1.3 and 1.9. Its mainly due to the Indica-Palio conflict of interest.

Only 1.3. No plans for 1.9 from Tata-Fiat just yet. Other planned engines are 1.2 and 1.4, both petrol from the FIRE series.

If "Adventure" comes with a good 1.9 ltr diesel engine, i think it will sell like hot cake:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 508963)
If "Adventure" comes with a good 1.9 ltr diesel engine, i think it will sell like hot cake:)

Get any capacity make sure its a Multijet :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 508963)

It will come after TATA and Suzuki launches some good cars with engine developed by Fiat.
When will Fiat learn to be a bit more realistic in the market studies??

Fiat and logic?
Fiat and reasonability?
Fiat and business sense?

You must be kidding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 509120)
It will come after TATA and Suzuki launches some good cars with engine developed by Fiat.

Yup right. I agree. Their engine and transmission unit for producing 1.3 Multijet engines will be ready by July 2008 and work is going on in full swing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 509132)
Fiat and logic?
Fiat and reasonability?
Fiat and business sense?
You must be kidding.

Substantiate your observations with their current business practice after the venture with Tata. I would love to hear some negative reviews. Do you have a personal experience of late?

Can one buy just the chassis of palio and plug in the common rail used in indica?

Btw what would be the cost of a crdi?

Just fyi... M800's new engine cost is Rs 11K/-.

Yes sir.

Tried desparately to buy the Palio 1.9D (the ordeal started in Dec 06 and went on till March 07). No one at the dealerships knew what Fiat was doing with the 1.9D. They told us either buy from old stock from the leftovers from the Kurla plat (rusting and dusting) while on another day they advised us to wait for the new batch of 1.9D that would start coming out of Ranjangaon plant (which apparantly never happened). They also told us that Kurla -> Ranjangaon transition of production will be smooth (the required machinery will be shifted + new stuff will be added, etc)...

If your new plant is not ready, what's the point in hurriedly shutting the old one (and in the process stopping the diesel production completely) while allowing your competitor to make hey in the market with your own diesel engine and you yourself launching all new underpowered 1.1 petrol unit????

I understand your feeling about the company when it didn't give you the car you wanted. I am sure the dealer was Jay-Vijay Motors and he is no longer a Fiat dealer. The transition was happening and there was no confirmed news as to which products will be launched. For sure understanding the situation of the deal, people were aware that Fiat will not be able to market Diesels very well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 509220)
If your new plant is not ready, what's the point in hurriedly shutting the old one (and in the process stopping the diesel production completely) while allowing your competitor to make hey in the market with your own diesel engine and you yourself launching all new underpowered 1.1 petrol unit????

The old plant was not shut hurriedly but was defunctional due to recent floods and was barely operating in its capacity. You should be happy that you didn't buy the 1.9 diesel because there is better in the offering very soon :).

But the way the dealer handled this issue is pathetic and you should have tried a Tata-Fiat dealer but then they weren't marketing the 1.9D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 509120)

Its very clear from "Fiat's" attitude that they are not serious about indian market.

the fact is that Fiat is SERIOUS about Indian Market(pumping in Rs4000crore of investment in India) but the Fiat-India Managing team is either getting heavily paid by competitors so that they dont do the job properly or get it messed ;)