Team-BHP - Toyota Auris D-4D 90 T3 {Premium Hatchback in 2008}
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Auris D-4D 90 T3 {Premium Hatchback in 2008} (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26667-toyota-auris-d-4d-90-t3-premium-hatchback-2008-a.html)

Let's sincerely hope that in very near future This beauty from Toyota will hit on indian roads.
Diesel engines encompass the Auris range. The top-performing model, the T180, comes with a very strong 175bhp 2.2-litre unit, and there's a two-litre version in the middle of the line-up. And down at the bottom there's the 1.4-litre diesel.

This is the smallest (1364cc) and least powerful (89bhp) engine that Toyota fits to any Auris, but the D-4D 90 in its various forms is more expensive than the equivalent 1.4- and 1.6-litre petrol models. Although that might not sound like much of a deal, there's payback in the fact that the diesel is in a different league when it comes to economy, with an official combined figure of 56.5mpg.

And it's not slow. In fact, it's a bit perkier than the slightly more powerful 96bhp 1.4 petrol. Why? Because those are maximum power figures; the diesel may lose out slightly at the top end, but it's a lot stronger at the engine speeds most people will use in normal driving.Similarly, on paper the D-4D 90 is slower than the 1.6 petrol, but it doesn't feel like it.

Photo Source: Carkeys, UK

Well then looks like a winner, How soon?

This looks like more of a speculative post than anything else. Has Toyota made any such announcement or commitments? Heck, I have not even heard of any such rumours. :D

Edit: Looks fundu though... typical euro-chic looks. won't mind having a serious thought to have one if it ever shows up soon.

if you take a look at the latest autocar,they have spy pics of the auris doing some test rounds.though,it was a 3 door version,the badges and all were covered.according to autocar,it was the test mule.

This is the small car Toyota plans to launch right? Against the Swift/Getz/Uva?

I really like how it looks and IMO id rather have this than a Yaris.

I had seen a few different badge covered Diahatsu's testing in Kolkata before leaving. The Indian Toyota will most probably be a badge engineered Diahatsu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn (Post 508277)
if you take a look at the latest autocar,they have spy pics of the auris doing some test rounds.though,it was a 3 door version,the badges and all were covered.according to autocar,it was the test mule.

'
its not Auris. toyota is testing 'YARIS' on Indian roads.

The Auris is a replacement name for the Corolla in UK. Basically its the new Corolla in Europe.

Another thought. Does Toyota India want to be seen as a junta car mfr ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bidurin (Post 508248)

Isnt this the YARIS which is sold in middle east?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 508391)
Another thought. Does Toyota India want to be seen as a junta car mfr ?

Toyota entered India with the Qualis so I dont really think its got thaat much of its image at stake.

Also while it may be considered a cut above Maruti and Hyundai nd all its not exactly a Premium brand

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 508321)
'
its not Auris. toyota is testing 'YARIS' on Indian roads.

So its the Yaris thats comming to India then, nd not the Auris.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 508544)

So its the Yaris thats comming to India then, nd not the Auris.

no, they are testing all new engine. and toyota is using Yaris as a test mule.. it will be a all new small car and will come to india in 2010.

I have seen this hatch back named Yaris in Europe....

I dont think this will be Toyota's small car for India but if it is, I am heading to the nearest Toyota showroom!

This by no means is a small car. It's the toyota corolla hatchback. Since they don't use the corolla name anymore it is called the Auris.

this is the small car Yaris. The one supposed to come to india is based on this:

Toyota Yaris TS

And this is the Auris based on the corolla:

Toyota Auris