Team-BHP - In-car entertainment...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   In-car entertainment... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2670-car-entertainment.html)

I've been thinking, ever since we got a new CD player for the car, what's the point, car manufacturers have it tough, trying to make their products as safe as they can and the government at their necks with all kinds of regulations?

This stereo has something like 100 buttons (I exaggerate, but not by much) on its facia; *ALL* of them could fit on my thumbnail (at the same time).

Now we have steering wheel mounted video screens (we're close and getting there - you heard it here first)

The question: Don't the stereo/dvd manufacturers have any regulations to conform to?

Regards,

mvk

a good point pal. even i had raised the point of safety when people install the vcd/dvd players and the screens ...it disturbs the driver following behind ..and yes i have seen stupid people watching movies with the screen installed on the left hand corner of the dash board. even the driver was enjoying it !!!!!

there has to be regulations regarding the screens being installed in the cars.

cheers

I think of myself as a good driver. When I drive I prefer to have my music at levels where I can hear external noises.

This is even more true in Mumbai where due to heat and pollution one usually drives with the windows up and air con on and where honking, I have come to believe, is a form of communication (that I have not yet fully understood).

Often I am passed by or next to someone who has his/her stereo at levels that can be heard in my car despite the fact that I have my stereo and air con on and that the other car's windows are also up (I assume the air con is on too).

Just to try it out, i turned on my stereo to a point where external noises were obliterated. I tried driving around and found this very disconcerting.

I like music just as much as the next guy. The reason I got a nice stereo is to provide me with QUALITY music not QUANTITY of music.

There is a song that goes "Keep you eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel". my belief that good defensive driving requires that and more ("your ears on the sounds outside your car).

How many times have you indicated you are turning left. You are as far left as you think you shoiuld be to make the turn. You check your left outside mirror and your blind spot. And just as you are about to start your manouver you hear a faint "beeep" of a motorbike, scooter or rickshaw on your left?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (navin @ July 28 2004,12:33)]I like music just as much as the next guy. The reason I got a nice stereo is to provide me with QUALITY music not QUANTITY of music.

You hit upon something that is so very Indian - The more the better, still more is best...

What explains our passion for desi ghee dripping sweets and tea that resembles basundi, the thick and rich gravy in our food. There is no finnesse or delicacy, and if we ever had it, we lost it along the way!

mvk

I feel that the LCD screen should be a privilidge only for the passengers and not the driver........so they should have LCD screens only behind the driver.

Wat is being discussed here has been the bane of many discussions over the years,

but it is what distinguishes the connoiseurs from the commoners,

can any of you imagine 3 pioneer 10 inch woofers in a maruti 800

i have seen that .. i cud hear the damn car from quite some distance and it wasnt really interesting,

as for the incar entertainment, it should be against the law to have video entertainment for the front passengers,
it should only be allowed for the rear passengers as even if the driver tries to concentrate while the co driver is watching something, the co driver does have a large effect on the driver,

although in todays age we have video screens coming down from the roof,

we have on the steering screens but it is really very dangerous for the driver to think about anything else other than the road and his vehicle.

same as a man driving his vehicle drunk,
u get careless, u get reckless, u kind of think ur the king of the world ......

Vin

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ July 28 2004,20:45)]I feel that the LCD screen should be a privilidge only for the passengers and not the driver

shravan316!

Most of "that" gang would prefer to replace their windscreens with 45" plasma displays...

mvk