Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2007, 13:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Not a feat considering she drove a non power steering Sumo to Satara from Pune on single lane undivided highways 4 years ago (which was a nightmare for most of us) almost every alternate day. Distance is 110 kms one way!
I never said she was brave for driving the Marina

But driving that Sumo is no mean feat! I have driven a gen 1 Sumo with manual steering (which had half-a-lock of free play) & didn't enjoy it at all!! Infact, I could never even find the bloody reverse gear in it!
Old 25th July 2007, 13:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
the marina is a diesel & a far better looker than the adventure.
The sienna weekend was a real beauty.
Baleno altura was as good if not better.
all my opinions of course.
Old 25th July 2007, 13:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Baleno altura was as good if not better.
Especially if it was on good alloys with wider than stock tyres. Did wonders for its stance.
Old 25th July 2007, 13:45   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I never said she was brave for driving the Marina

Quote:
But driving that Sumo is no mean feat! I have driven a gen 1 Sumo with manual steering (which had half-a-lock of free play) & didn't enjoy it at all!! Infact, I could never even find the bloody reverse gear in it!
I agree 100% but this was a well maintained parsee owned vehicle.
Old 25th July 2007, 13:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ahh... we have a tubelight! Read the statements below again Kiran!

Quote:
My girlfriend drives a Marina Petrol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Brave girl .

P.S. Does you husband approve of your debauchery?

Last edited by iraghava : 25th July 2007 at 13:53.
Old 26th July 2007, 10:13   #36
BHPian

very true vans78
i was just on edge of buying it, but then same thing hit me that its being phased out.
Old 26th July 2007, 10:48   #37
BHPian

I was like hypnotised by this beast, when i saw it, at Dhingra motors in Gurgaon.
Then started my struggle with myself as to why should i buy this car, and no wonders FIAT-India gave me N no. of reasons as to why i shouldn't buy it.
My each interaction with TATA-FIAT left me more frustrated and furious.
Basically i wanted one in black colour, but the dealer told me its available only in Silver frost, but i was a bit rigid that i want it in black, so i keep on contacting guys from TATA and FIAT, and I was a bit suspicious as why it cant be deleivered in black when catalogue shows black, red, white nad silver as available options.
(Neways no delaer or website has catalogue of adventure, one TATA-FIAT guy scanned one copy and send it to me, when i shouted too much for a catalogue)
And finally one guy from TATA told me that its no long manufactured in india.
Whatever is available, is the old stock.
I think it was predecided 3-4 months back, they just wanted to shell out whatever raw material and left over pieces. So still there no official news from TATA-FIAT.
Adventure owners knows that it looked best in Formula Red, second choice was Thunder Black and last choice was Silver Frost. White never picked up in terms of sale.
At some places its available in Formula Red, but the most available colour was Silver Frost.
When i contacted a senior TATA-FIAT sales guy, he told me; as the sales figure are low, so they manufacture it in lots of 30-35 in one colour. So only if a particular colour option has demand for 30-35 pieces, then only they will manufacture it in that colour.
However that gentleman couldn't explain as to why FIAT considered Silver-Frost(the least popular colour), and ignored the RED and BLACk colours.
So why on earth FIAT is selling only Silver Frost, and not Red or Black, just because they were the left over pieces.

Although the local dealer here in gurgaon is still saying that its still manufactured at KURLA plant.
whereas so many peoples who have visited KURAL plant, clearly told me that KURLA plant is completely shut down.

Same process was followed for Petra, there must have been some left over pieces, some raw material for Petra, so first they wanted to shell out the available stock, then they told the world that its manufactring is toped.

Also at dhingra motors the car chassis no. showed it was manufactured in 2007, but there were few cables near battery which has a tag on them which indicated its manufactured in 2001. So i think it was the raw material for Adventure which was still lying since 2001. Obviously the engines, gear boxes and chassis must have been manufactured recntly, but a considerable amount of production material was too old.

Till now FIAT was only bad in ***, but now they are also learning cheap tricks from TATA, to sell the leftover pieces.

Maybe i have been too furious in my mail, butt looking at past 40 days, from when i decided to buy Adventure to when i got to know its phased out, i get nothing else but furious.

GOD save FIAT India

Just read it how i struggled to buy this car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...report-10.html
Old 26th July 2007, 16:57   #38
BHPian

hi raghav

i also tried enquiring about adventure while buying my current car(also a fiat) but i didnt find one in any of the dealers in delhi. then i saw one outside the IIC in silver frost and test drove it.
but i was fed up of waiting and decided to go for the other. but after a few days of my purchase, i got calls from some senior TATA guy in gurgaon that they can arrange car for me and i also got a call from a dealer in patiala who had the latest stock of red adventure available.
in any case i can find out this TATA guys mobile no. in gurgaon if you need it, after i return back to india this weekend.
ciao..
Old 28th July 2007, 13:21   #39
BHPian

Phasing out of fiat adventure.

There are rumours that the 'adventure' s production has been stopped , and that there wont be a new version( based on brazilizn adventure) . But some dealerships are anticipating new adventure by october 2007, so throw some light on it.
Old 28th July 2007, 13:34   #40
BHPian

I guess its true!

I guess, its true that FIAT is no longer manufacturing most well built and popular FIAT Adventure

I am not sure, if the new version is going to be out. But I guess, whatever I have found out, its on the cards but with no concrete plan.
Old 29th July 2007, 11:57   #41
LLL
BHPian

a very relevant thread...and there are people on this forum who are very excited about launch of linea and grand punto :(

I cant see why anyone should buy fiat if they cant even provide a basic brochure or a manual without shouting.
Old 29th July 2007, 16:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
a very relevant thread...and there are people on this forum who are very excited about launch of linea and grand punto :(

I cant see why anyone should buy fiat if they cant even provide a basic brochure or a manual without shouting.

its just the car which speaks(rather shout) for itself, without any advertisement at all. Only the management is not able to handle its products, otherwise its a magnificient car(and most underrated too).
Old 29th July 2007, 21:57   #43
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
its just the car which speaks(rather shout) for itself, without any advertisement at all. Only the management is not able to handle its products, otherwise its a magnificient car(and most underrated too).
agreed....but this is not the kind of product that you can buy once and forget about it. sadly, it needs some maintenance and support....

i still remember my uncle cursing fiat as they told him its going to take them 2 months to send a replacement for the headlight assembly of his Uno. imagine spending 2 months without headlights.......
Old 29th July 2007, 22:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
agreed....but this is not the kind of product that you can buy once and forget about it. sadly, it needs some maintenance and support....

i still remember my uncle cursing fiat as they told him its going to take them 2 months to send a replacement for the headlight assembly of his Uno. imagine spending 2 months without headlights.......

When talking abt FIAT, no dearth of stories..it just flows...looks so realistic in most cases.
Old 12th August 2007, 12:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Adventure owners knows that it looked best in Formula Red, second choice was Thunder Black and last choice was Silver Frost. White never picked up in terms of sale.
However that gentleman couldn't explain as to why FIAT considered Silver-Frost(the least popular colour), and ignored the RED and BLACk colours. So why on earth FIAT is selling only Silver Frost, and not Red or Black, just because they were the left over pieces.
Silver and white sells mostly because they are neutral, and in places like Delhi it helps a bit to beat the heat as well as the frequent scratches. Adventure sold mostly in colors other than black and red in the first round 2001-03, AFAIK, they didnt have red or black then. In the second batch from 2005, they introduced red and black. It was marketed differently ("Ride the wind") and these colors were pivotal for that. Even the case with the 1.6 GTX -- I badly wanted a red GTX when I bought it, but had to settle for tangerine. But when I bought my Adventure, it was black.

Sad, such good cars get bad treatment like this. Now that it has stopped production, does it make sense to buy some parts and keep?

Last edited by determinus : 12th August 2007 at 12:34.

Most Viewed