Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2007, 11:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
And can I assure you that this one is confirmed to carry a 1.3 MJD engine? Yes they are bringing out this model.
Hopefully they will redesign the interiors too.
Old 4th October 2007, 11:33   #62
BHPian

I'd believe that the front panels, headlights and interiors were the same between the Palio and the Adventure. Now that we know what the changes in the Stile are - we should probably expect the same type of headlights, and beige fabric interiors in the "new" adventure?
Old 4th October 2007, 11:43   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
thats real good news. But would they price it high enough to ensure that no body buys it.
Nope, Fiat has now realised that the only way they can sell is with a competitive price. Think TATA? And TATA has ensured that the 1.3 MJD engine has 85% localised content. Maruti has localised the 1.3 MJD engines hence it wouldn't be difficult for Fiat to add to the supplier base for assembling these engines. The 1.3 MJD engine and transmission lines are almost functional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
That with Panda's 4x4 system will be the ideal car for me. But the more important question is WHEN?
Sooner, I think they were targetting a first quarter of 2008 launch as I have been told. Lets hope they do it sooner and yes the Panda's 4x4 to the Adventure should be the best bet but not feasible to implement as of now since their focus would more be on the Grande Punto and the Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Hopefully they will redesign the interiors too.
No, they won't .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
I'd believe that the front panels, headlights and interiors were the same between the Palio and the Adventure. Now that we know what the changes in the Stile are - we should probably expect the same type of headlights, and beige fabric interiors in the "new" adventure?
They are retaining the old look Adventure and it looks better than the Stile'd look Adventure for sure.

Insider info says that they are testing the following engines and the Grande Punto and Adventure have been spotted with these engines:

1.2L Petrol (FIRE range? 1242 cc Petrol with 16 valves against the older design of an 8V engine)
1.4L Petrol (Not sure if this is the Turbo Petrol)
1.3L MJD Engine.
And some weird engine that I haven't heard of and has a 2.2L displacement. Lets hope that they add the 1.9 JTD 140 Bhp engine to the Punto and throw in a sports package with nicer alloys et al. Btw one thing for sure, the Punto will be 100 PCD and you have wider alloy wheel choices .
Old 4th October 2007, 13:23   #64
BHPian

Any approximate date as to when it may be launched??
Seeing the Stile, it seems that they will change whatever is common in Adventure and stile, but they may also put 1.3 MJD, or some higher power petrol engine, to test it before they use it in linea or punto.
In anycase they should have launched it either now or maximum by diwali.
Old 4th October 2007, 19:42   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And can I assure you that this one is confirmed to carry a 1.3 MJD engine? Yes they are bringing out this model.
Bye bye Indigo Marina!
Old 4th October 2007, 20:43   #66
BHPian

Adventure with Diesel is the best option one can have.

The best strategy would be to get the safety features as well, as these can be tested for sales response before Linea launch.
Old 4th October 2007, 22:06   #67
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Bye bye Indigo Marina!
Pls dont jump the gun here. Not too many people want to buy a fiat because of its past. Not many are ready to even consider a fiat...
Old 4th October 2007, 22:09   #68
BHPian

My friend, if he is ready to wait for new adventure then, there is nothing wrong. Well even I am waiting for Linea to consider it as my second buy.
Old 4th October 2007, 22:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the Punto will be 100 PCD and you have wider alloy wheel choices .
Are you sure of this, this will be a Fiat first in India. If your info is correct, I will watch this thread more closely. 2.2 engine for?
Old 4th October 2007, 23:06   #70
BHPian

Well if its coming by january, i am going to buy it
Gemi what do you say about it ?
And regarding the FIAT buyers, i wud say most of the FIAT buyers know what they are buying, unlike most of the people who just go by what his neigbour has bought, or what most of people are buying.
There are N nos. of cars which are popular here in india, but they are not at all successfull in countries which are matured in terms of Car technologies.
But after saying all this we can't ignore the cons of having a FIAT.
The only point is, its very well understood that what can be expected from it and what can not.
Old 5th October 2007, 11:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

So basically, the bottle is still the same but the wine would be new! Ah! come on....jaldi laoo bhai Kitna time lega serve karne mein...
Old 5th October 2007, 11:46   #72
BHPian

Yes very true only fiat can kill fiat :-)
Old 5th October 2007, 12:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Well if its coming by january, i am going to buy it
Gemi what do you say about it ?
And regarding the FIAT buyers, i wud say most of the FIAT buyers know what they are buying, unlike most of the people who just go by what his neigbour has bought, or what most of people are buying.
There are N nos. of cars which are popular here in india, but they are not at all successfull in countries which are matured in terms of Car technologies.
But after saying all this we can't ignore the cons of having a FIAT.
The only point is, its very well understood that what can be expected from it and what can not.
That would be the best thing to own. But i strongly feel that if at all they bring in something like that thye would probably chip in an ABS and pit it against the fusion diesel. So that would be around 7L OTR.SOmething like back to square one in case of the adventure which was initially launched at around this price. They would take a full circle and reach back where they were.

But always a station wagon is a niche market. I'm not that convinced that FIAT would make such a move now. Atleast with the GP and Linea in the pipeline. They cant really afford another flop vehicle in India.
Old 5th October 2007, 22:27   #74
BHPian

Bhaai logo, is there any more updates on Adventure?
like are they just going to change the interior colous and 1.3 MJD engine,
or any change for petrol engine?
will exterior wud be same as of now, or will any change as per stile like headlights, bumper, bonnet
and most important WHEN can we expect it

MORALFIBRE can you help us to provide some more details
Old 6th October 2007, 01:59   #75
Team-BHP Support

See guys I haven't seen the car personally. A friend of mine works very closely with Fiat and has some pictures on his phone and I haven't seen those either. These reports are basis some information he passed on to me. I can vouch for its authenticity but cannot confirm until the products are out.

See this link:

http://www.fiatgroup.com/comuni/php/...4LDI8MWXCPERTD

It mentions production of the Adventure at the Ranjangaon plant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks