Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2007, 17:02   #16
BHPian

Oh man you made my day! Will start counting the days to get a second car and it will be the Linea.Atleast it seems fiat is taking a cue or two from TATA for sure. Hope they strike the right chord this time.

Last edited by GTO : 25th July 2007 at 10:12. Reason: Edited to correct Slang language and excessive dotting (......). Please take the time out to post properly. Thanks
Old 24th July 2007, 17:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

this killer pricing might shake the entire c segment city,aveo,verna and fiesta too(not sure of honda city).punto at 5 lacs will be a cyclone in b+ segment, cause actually punto's expected competitors were the fabia and the chevy SRV.personally i dont think ACI is Accurate in announcing prices,but then again lets be positive.
Old 24th July 2007, 17:10   #18
BHPian

I hope the punto doesnt turn out to be another palio stile 1.1 with the 1.2L engine. And I hope they will bring in the more powerful 1.3MJD onto these (90BHP??). The only doubt is the 1.4L one, hope it is peppy enough. So, High hopes eh?

Anyway, pricing is really looking good. !! But lets not trust these guys till they actually launch it.

Bring them on!

PS: There was a review of the FIAT Bravo on Car and bike show last week. That is one awesome car.!
Old 24th July 2007, 17:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Whatever be the pricing, i really hope its not sluggish as the Stile. And enough of outdated engines, FIAT can we have the MJD puhlease?
Old 24th July 2007, 17:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I hope the punto doesnt turn out to be another palio stile 1.1 with the 1.2L engine. And I hope they will bring in the more powerful 1.3MJD onto these (90BHP??). The only doubt is the 1.4L one, hope it is peppy enough. So, High hopes eh?

Anyway, pricing is really looking good. !! But lets not trust these guys till they actually launch it.

Bring them on!

PS: There was a review of the FIAT Bravo on Car and bike show last week. That is one awesome car.!

For the international market, the Linea comes with a 1.4 L turbocharged petrol that develops 120 bhp- I am hoping this is the 1.4 that Fiat is planning....even if detuned for Indian fuel, we can still expect 100+ horses.
Old 24th July 2007, 17:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Too early to even salivate. Many a slip betwixt the cup n the lip!
Old 24th July 2007, 18:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

The Grande Punto might start at 5 lacs for the base variant as an introductory price. This could be a tactic used by Fiat to maximise intial bookings. Then we will go through the usual '3 month' wait as Fiat tries to churn out as many cars in as little time. (hopefully without the rattles and squeaks)
Old 24th July 2007, 18:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

If petrol 1.2 version comes at 5 L ex-showroom price (on-road somewhere around 5.5 L), still its expensive compared to the Swift Zxi (1.3 version, Air bag, ABS, good FE(atleast not in single digits). Does they have plans to include ABS & Airbag? Even if, what's the attraction with its price
Old 24th July 2007, 18:31   #24
BHPian

Well I'm not too convinced with the prices ACI announces, but as someone said lets be positive. Maybe the top end versions with all nice features would be 1-1.25 lakhs more than these.
Old 24th July 2007, 19:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

Tata's are going to kill their own car with this!
Old 24th July 2007, 19:40   #26
Team-BHP Support

@1100D, thats one thing that will not happen. Tatas are in business from an era earlier than when my grand dad lived. They know what they are doing.

If anything expect even better cars, technologically as well as aesthetically, from Tatas at even better VFM prices in the near future. They will learn newer technologies at a faster clip and then add their own business sense and Indian ingenuity to churn these out faster, better and cheaper. And while doing this they will have the advantage of the volume with them as the vendors will get to supply for the Tatas and Fiats for both indian and global markets.
Old 24th July 2007, 19:42   #27
BANNED

Man! That's great news. This is very surprising news.

There will be many takers for these cars if it can be launched with what said above.

So all our shouting on Fiat is at last having some good effect on Fiat after all.
Old 24th July 2007, 19:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
@1100D, thats one thing that will not happen. Tatas are in business from an era earlier than when my grand dad lived. They know what they are doing.

If anything expect even better cars, technologically as well as aesthetically, from Tatas at even better VFM prices in the near future. They will learn newer technologies at a faster clip and then add their own business sense and Indian ingenuity to churn these out faster, better and cheaper. And while doing this they will have the advantage of the volume with them as the vendors will get to supply for the Tatas and Fiats for both indian and global markets.
Going by that rate, lets hope that a day will come when you step outside and the only brand you will see is a TATA!!
Old 24th July 2007, 19:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
obviously it is the base pricing narayan. that is how it is always done. so much so that people do not even consider it misleading anymore. they always tell you the top end trim level and the price of the base model in all adverts. somewhere at the bottom a small font text will say prices start from...

in that case - is this a very fantastic price ? swift as was pointed by some1 will be cheaper and if the sedan 1.4 comes in at 6.5 - isnt this on par with fiesta ? anyway, the novelty value is always there and the linea is defenetly a great looker - one of the few well executed cab forward designs ( another one is the civic )
Old 24th July 2007, 20:05   #30
BHPian

So Maruti finally can buy Multijet engines from Fiat once they obtained license from GM to manufacture it ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed