Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 13:34   #76
Senior - BHPian

hey i think 5 lacs is killer pricing for a linea. i have heard that the size of the linea is really really large in size, larger than the swift or fabia.
Old 31st August 2007, 13:44   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
hey i think 5 lacs is killer pricing for a linea. i have heard that the size of the linea is really really large in size, larger than the swift or fabia.
Where did you see the 5L tag for the Linea ? The thread title says 6.5 and am sure that if at all, it will be for the base model.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:05   #78
Senior - BHPian

Even if 6.5 lakhs is for the base model... it still is a lot of car for the money.
What I am interested in is the Punto... Fell in love the first time I saw it, like it happened when I saw Palio for the first time. There's something abt italian cars that appeals straight to your heart.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Where did you see the 5L tag for the Linea ? The thread title says 6.5 and am sure that if at all, it will be for the base model.
my bad . . .so sorryfor that.
5 lacs for grande punto.
Old 31st August 2007, 23:03   #80
BHPian

no comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
There is no comparison between Linea and swift. I do not know much about Fabia. Length of linea is some where around 4560 mm and width 1700+, I think it is comparable or even longer to Corolla/ Civic kinds in size.
Old 31st August 2007, 23:24   #81
BANNED

guys...linea is a D segmenter in terms of size and space and GP would be one of the largest B+ segment but much smaller than SRV of course.
i think fiat is priced linea at 6.5 lacs to compete in the c segment and would give a completely stripped of version/variant for this price, without any bells and whistles. even if they give the top variant for 8-9 lacs...still it would be a great car with superb build quality and awesome looks.

GP is priced very decently at 5 lacs... of course it would be the most good looking, spacious, well built hatch in its segment.
so, for me it would probably be a diesel Punto, fully loaded at 6/6.5 lacs..would be great.

Last edited by sanchits : 31st August 2007 at 23:26.
Old 12th September 2007, 17:25   #82
Senior - BHPian

if fiat really wants to make a comeback.. they shuld launch this at a price below 3 lakhs.. and they can have a winner considering they have tata for supporting in service.

CarSpyShots.net Forums: 2007 Fiat Uno Way (South African Market)
Old 12th September 2007, 23:31   #83
BHPian

lets also not forget that there will be a facelifted UVA with a 1.3 multijet and an aveo with a 1.5 diesel by then. The fiesta will have an upgraded engine too as will many others in the segment. Would their lack of after sales support actually entice customers? I think not
Old 13th September 2007, 13:28   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
if fiat really wants to make a comeback.. they shuld launch this at a price below 3 lakhs.. and they can have a winner considering they have tata for supporting in service.

CarSpyShots.net Forums: 2007 Fiat Uno Way (South African Market)
You think Tata will let them do that? It is Tata that calls the shots in this alliance.
Old 13th September 2007, 13:40   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
You think Tata will let them do that? It is Tata that calls the shots in this alliance.
And rightly so. Since Fiat couldn't do anything good.
Old 16th September 2007, 12:15   #86
BHPian

Good News Guys,

Punto & Linea to come this December. (Obviously in Petrol in the initial launch phase). Also, New Showrooms exclusively for FIAT Cars
Old 16th September 2007, 12:35   #87
BHPian

Will have to wait and watch to see if the pricing mentioned here is true. This type of information is kept confidential until kick off of marketing campaign.
Old 16th September 2007, 12:43   #88
BHPian

Hi,

Between this, According news bar today in zee business TV, Esteem will be replaced by swift sedan........
Old 16th September 2007, 12:48   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Good News Guys,

Punto & Linea to come this December. (Obviously in Petrol in the initial launch phase). Also, New Showrooms exclusively for FIAT Cars
Any sources for this good news?? By the way I hope Indian Public wakes up to the quality difference provided by European cars. A drive in a Fiat Palio actually improves the quality of road ( Or so u feel ). Unfortunately most of the Indian car buying public has not sat in a Palio or Sienna/Petra to experience this. Fiat Spa has to undertake a massive marketing & PR exercise to drive home this fact and esatblish their exclusivity. And if they price the car competitvely without cutting down on bells & whistles the fever is likely to catch on to generate sufficient volumes. Only I dread is another Palio Stile- Meaning an underpowered car.
Old 16th September 2007, 12:48   #90
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Good News Guys,

nice...if i were fiat, i would start advertising soon...let auto mags/shows do some test drives, run some promos on tv..have jurnos write articles on the cars etc.

Basically ensure people put on hold their purchases till this launch and use this time to change perception of fiat's service. A program like chevy promise would do no harm to their cause.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks