Team-BHP - Is the OHC VTEC the Indian 'M5'?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is the OHC VTEC the Indian 'M5'? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26745-ohc-vtec-indian-m5.html)

Hi guys. I was wondering if the OHC VTEC can be called as the Indian 'M5'. I know there are quicker cars being manufactured in india right now like the Octavia RS, even BMW is here now. But wasn't the OHC VTEC a real performance sedan like the BMW M5, at least by Indian standards. I want to know your opinion guys. OHC VTEC owners please back me up on this one. Is the OHC VTEC worthy to be called as our own 'M5'? Anyways I have named my car, 'M5'. lol:

M5 is an M5 and not a Honda or anything else. Please dont take me wrong, but I dont agree to this. Each car would have its charm and IMO its wrong to call it something else.

Havent driven or even touched an M5 but i have tasted Vtec, but i feel this is too much of love for Vtec, for me to handle :p

No. I saw a ricer boy in an OHC on the EEH a few days back who had basically not bothered to change his exhaust even and had a tacky looking VTEC sticker (stuck in the wrong place) along with the VXi badging. Have seen a lot of Hondas like that. Had a laugh at him, even contemplated taking him on, but I was kind of struck by the homage he was paying the VTEC. The car already has cult status in India. Don't bring another marque in. It just shows a need to wannabe.

The M5 is the M5. The Skyline is the Skyline. The OHC VTEC is the OHC VTEC.

I own a Vtec and love it and have modded it but-

An M5 is a machine honed by petrol heads developed on the race track. You can go on track and blast it.

OHC vtec - cobbled together by product planners. The engine is relatively low tech compared to what they have in their range. Suspension is inadequate, ditto tyres and brakes. I had upgrade the suspension etc. It has come good but it ain't the best

No way! India almost never got its BMW equivalent, let alone the M cars. An Indian M5 would be RWD with race inspired handling. The Fiats with engine mods could come closest, nothing else. Conty is more Indian Dodge challenger.

Can I vote with me feet as well? I think the comparsion does not do justice to both cars.. and the poor Indian motorist..Its almost like saying we should be content with what we have/had.

M5 is a rear wheel drive V10 monster can't compare with any front wheel drive cars let alone a city vtec!!

OK i know the OHC VTEC is a favourite around here and to be honest i think its a little hyped.
Come on, calling it the Indian M5 is pushing it !

OHC VTEC and M5???!!!!

Its like comparing a 800 and a Octavia vRS, the M5 is one beast, has 11 setting for gear selection, RWD, V10, DOHC(all indian Hondas are OHC to save on money), TCS, ABS, 6 Airbags, Satnav, if i continue writing i will run in to one whole page on what the beemer has, No was can a Vtec be called the Indian M5, a vRS cant be, what can a Vtec. The Vtec has rear poor suspension, brakes are medicure. A stock Vtec will be outdone by a stock Cedia on track.

ouch ouch ouch. please go easy on me.sorry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 510527)
No. I saw a ricer boy in an OHC on the EEH a few days back who had basically not bothered to change his exhaust even and had a tacky looking VTEC sticker (stuck in the wrong place) along with the VXi badging. Have seen a lot of Hondas like that. Had a laugh at him, even contemplated taking him on, but I was kind of struck by the homage he was paying the VTEC. The car already has cult status in India. Don't bring another marque in. It just shows a need to wannabe.

The M5 is the M5. The Skyline is the Skyline. The OHC VTEC is the OHC VTEC.

hi, i'm not gonna stick an m5 badge to the rear of my car. it was not what i meant.

As much as I love my OHC Vtec, M5 is in a totally different class. Voted NO, obviously.

you have G-O-T to be kiddin me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 510536)
I own a Vtec and love it and have modded it but-

An M5 is a machine honed by petrol heads developed on the race track. You can go on track and blast it.

OHC vtec - cobbled together by product planners. The engine is relatively low tech compared to what they have in their range. Suspension is inadequate, ditto tyres and brakes. I had upgrade the suspension etc. It has come good but it ain't the best

A very honest analysis. our passionate friends could learn a thing or 2 from this observation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 510554)
The Fiats with engine mods could come closest, nothing else.

rl: