Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki India Limited (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26813-maruti-suzuki-india-limited.html)

Maruti Udyog Limited is now Maruti Suzuki India Limited...

Source: Maruti Q1 net at Rs 500 cr; name to change

Quote:

In the new name, 'Maruti' continues to have a predominant position. 'Maruti' is one of the strongest corporate brand names in the country, in terms of awareness, recall, trust and customer care. A generation of Indians has grown up with this brand name.

'Suzuki' in the corporate name imparts an international dimension. Besides being the parent company, Suzuki Motor Corporation is a leading player in the global automobile market. The leader in Japan's minicar market for over three decades, it has recently positioned itself as a complete car maker with the success of its globally strategic models like Swift, SX4 and Grand Vitara.

This international dimension in the company's name will help Maruti as it expands its role in global markets. The Company is to launch a model for export to Europe in the next couple of years, while building on its recent success in Afro-Asian markets. Maruti is also developing capabilities to become Suzuki's Research & Development hub for Asia, outside Japan.

'India' in the corporate name, while conveying the location of the company and its facilities, also recognises the growing importance of the country, across the world.

I was expecting Suzuki India Ltd. as they are the majority stock holders.....

I guess not such a big change, since the cars have 'Maruti Suzuki' badging only.

Adding India in its name is to convey other countries about where Maruti is located - this comes handy when they export cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 512953)
I was expecting Suzuki India Ltd. as they are the majority stock holders.....

The maruti name is a loads more famous than the suzuki name. Look what happened to TVS Suzuki. :)

The name 'Maruti Suzuki India Limited' sounds more professional and also doesnt radically change anything. I am also glad that the name "India" figures in there.

@e_l: Regarding TVS Suzuki, I personally preferred the parent name "Ind-Suzuki Motorcycles Limited" that they came out with.:)

Whatever !!!!

Nothing will work till the company manages to estimate the demand figures correctly and more inportantly, meet them. 6 - 8 months waiting for a car:Frustrati
Ridiculous

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 513123)
The name 'Maruti Suzuki India Limited' sounds more professional and also doesnt radically change anything. I am also glad that the name "India" figures in there.

@e_l: Regarding TVS Suzuki, I personally preferred the parent name "Ind-Suzuki Motorcycles Limited" that they came out with.:)

Yeah, you are right. Most of us like the Ind-Suzuki badge. After suzuki backed out, TVS became much bigger than Suzuki.

Any idea what is prompting the name change? Suzuki's insistence?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 513162)
Whatever !!!!

Nothing will work till the company manages to estimate the demand figures correctly and more inportantly, meet them. 6 - 8 months waiting for a car:Frustrati
Ridiculous

When other options are available, customers are willing to wait (Atleast most of them), what does that speak of a company and its products?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 513254)
When other options are available, customers are willing to wait (Atleast most of them), what does that speak of a company and its products?

Very true. They make fantastic cars but have to do something to get those waiting periods down, or at least set the expectations right at the time of booking.

"When other options are available, customers are willing to wait (Atleast most of them), what does that speak of a company and its products?"

Bang on! thats absolutely true.

Hellcat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 513253)
Any idea what is prompting the name change? Suzuki's insistence?

Branding enforcement all around

And with this annoucement, they have posted a whopping 35% increment in net profit for Q1. Fantastic.....simply amazing what this company is doing in recent times. Great products, value pricing and the best customer service.