Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2007, 12:25   #16
BHPian

I vote for refund of parking charges to genuine shoppers. This way both the mall owners and public would be benefitted.
Old 27th July 2007, 12:36   #17
Team-BHP Support

I agree with the refund policy for customers. But then again, malls are also intended for window shopping, and simply loitering about with friends. Guess we would need to pay for that.
Old 27th July 2007, 13:19   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

Do you know him?
I dont know any politicians personally. For that I am thankful.

Quote:
By passing remarks like those, you are discouraging even the 0.1% of those in politics who may be trying to do right things (at least on some issues)...

If the day comes when our politicians start lurking around Indian automotive forums for feedback from the masses for genuine self-improvement and betterment of the common man, we can consider all of us to be indeed fortunate. I'll take my chances till such a time arrives.
Old 27th July 2007, 13:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

Ideally the parking ticket should be equivalent of a voucher redeemable inside any shop in the mall.
That way people just for a stroll or going elsewhere will pay, but genuine shoppers won't
Old 27th July 2007, 16:32   #20
BHPian

Attria mall at Worli earlier used to charge as follows:
1 hr - Rs.20
2 hr - Rs.30
3 hr - Rs.40
4 hr - Rs. 100
Once, after spending approx. Rs.6000 at the mall which tool me 3.5 hrs, I was shocked to hear the parking charges of Rs.100. Even spoke to the Manager, showed him all the receipts and shopping bags, but he refused to listen. He said that its to discourage people from misusing the parking. In the end had no option but to pay up.

A couple of weeks later, found they had reduced the charges:
2 hr - Rs.20
3 hr - Rs.30
4 hr - Rs.40
5 hr - Rs.50
6 hr - Rs.100

What is still shocking is that if you lose your parking ticket, then the charges are very stiff (Dont recall exactly but its Rs.800 or something). That I think is unreasonable.
Old 27th July 2007, 17:47   #21
BHPian

I think some malls have a refundable parking concept. That is fair. (central for eg.) But some places it is daylight robbery.

The best joke was in the Indijoe/TGIF building, I pickup the parking receipt from the hotel and then take the car out myself. They say that you collected the car yourself (meaning not the valet parking fellow), pay more money. He thought . I asked him to take a hike and pushed off..

In airport it is worse, They charge Rs60 for parking which is sheer madness!!... And because of that people park outside creating more havoc. I hope the new airport will address these things.
Old 27th July 2007, 18:02   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
I really don't see what all the fuss is about parking charges. I gladly pay a couple of hundred bucks every month for secure, convenient covered parking while I shop or watch a movie, and I don't think there's anything unfair about that. If you don't want to pay you can always fight it out with the other people on the street. As it is there isnt enough parking available. Making it free is like an invitation to all and sundry to crowd the place up even more! I say increase the parking fees, or provide "premium" parking slots closer to the lifts at a higher charge for those of us who value convenience.
What is a sundry crowd???

And parking slots closer to the lifts and stairs, etc. are supposed to be reserved for the lesser fortunate people amoungst us who are physically disabled or challenged. This can be extended to expeting mothers and senior citizens.

There are some things money can't buy, Sir.
Old 30th July 2007, 10:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
There are some things money can't buy, Sir.
Sure, but car parking is not one of them
Old 30th July 2007, 11:27   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

In the developed countries, it is.

You are lucky that you are driving around in India...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks