Team-BHP - Some important judgement's by our policy makers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Some important judgement's by our policy makers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26825-some-important-judgements-our-policy-makers.html)

Occasionally our policy makers do some constructive work as well,just came across two important ones:

Quote:

"Keeping a consumer in dark to get rid of defective or unusable goods, under the garb of sale or auction on 'as is where is basis' is unfair and unethical practice," Justice J D Kapoor, President of the Commission, said in a recent order.

"To mention such terms in the contract that all the vehicles are sold with all faults on "as is where is basis" without providing opportunity to the purchaser to get them checked by the expert before auction of such goods is to put the consumer in a highly disadvantageous position," it said.
Source:
Maruti pulled up for selling defective car in auction-India-The Times of India

Quote:

PUNE: Multiplexes, shopping malls, hospitals, educational institutions, hotels and other commercial establishments may soon be barred from collecting parking charges from visitors.

In an official proposal submitted to municipal commissioner Pravinsinh Pardeshi and the city improvement committee (CIC) on Tuesday, Congress leader Aba Bagul demanded legal action against these establishments for "illegally" collecting parking fees.
Source:
'Multiplexes cannot charge for parking'-Pune-Cities-The Times of India

I dont think its possible to ban collecting of parking fees. What the court should do is to limit the amount. Malls in Delhi / ncr charge upto 30 - 40 bucks for parking at weekends. This is absolute daylight robbery and just another way of making some quick and cheap money

Thats a good news, parking charges were like taxing the consumer for shopping at their mall. However, without a parking charge, the parking spaces can be misused by somebody who is not even intending to visit the mall shops.

Wow, these observations are far ahead of the times here in India. Kudos to the judges who made these.

When parking at the Center One mall in Vashi, Navi Mumbai was free, the parking used to be absolutely full. Then they started charging Rs. 20 and suddenly there was abundant parking avaliable. In the initial days, I actually saw a lot of cars back up and drive off when they were told that parking was paid. However, the parking charges have now come down to a very reasonable Rs. 7 and there still is abundant parking avaliable. :)

In Delhi's Shopper's Stop at Ansal Plaza if you buy any item, then your parking gets free. Otherwise Rs 30 goes down the drain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by austere_sly (Post 513228)
In Delhi's Shopper's Stop at Ansal Plaza if you buy any item, then your parking gets free. Otherwise Rs 30 goes down the drain.

Ditto with Heera Panna in Mumbai. Parking here is really limited so they charge Rs. 100/- of which 80 is refundable against a purchase.

IMHO charging for parking thats refundable against shopping is fair.

Suhail

But when they are getting extra FSI for keeping the parking space, it SHOULD be free. We can understand if we are in a tight place where parking is a problem (Crossroads or Heera Panna) but for places like Inorbit, it can be free. Its free at Hypercity (next to Inorbit)

Quote:

Congress leader Aba Bagul demanded legal action against these establishments for "illegally" collecting parking fees.
He wouldnt have received any cuts in the collections, thats why

Yes Amtak, there was an article in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago saying that builders would be given extra FSI if they provided public parking spaces.

IIRC, this applied to residential buildings as well. I think the rules said that the builders could charge for parking though as maintainance charges.

Suhail

Quote:

Originally Posted by swale84 (Post 513239)
Ditto with Heera Panna in Mumbai. Parking here is really limited so they charge Rs. 100/- of which 80 is refundable against a purchase.

Suhail

I agree, but it should be made free if you purchase something and show the receipt, to avoid parking from people around the complex.

The Delhi masterplan says that only those shops would be given licenses who have provided for atleast 2 car parkings in front of them in residential areas + they have some other conditions also to fulfill. But these are not charged.

Let me add airports to the list,I don't mind paying but right now the charges are way too much.

The problem nowadays is because parking at these places is not free we have people park on main roads itself and ask one of their fellow passengers to sit on the driving seat while the person shops and comes back.It is really bad in the case of chauffeur driven cars,because then the shopping goes on for hours and the chauffeur is hardly bothered where he parks the car[sometimes even in the middle of the road literally] blocking smooth flow of other traffic

Quote:

I too agree with this,it should be done this way.But what about hospitals,especially if you are a visitor?

I really don't see what all the fuss is about parking charges. I gladly pay a couple of hundred bucks every month for secure, convenient covered parking while I shop or watch a movie, and I don't think there's anything unfair about that. If you don't want to pay you can always fight it out with the other people on the street. As it is there isnt enough parking available. Making it free is like an invitation to all and sundry to crowd the place up even more! I say increase the parking fees, or provide "premium" parking slots closer to the lifts at a higher charge for those of us who value convenience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 513155)
I dont think its possible to ban collecting of parking fees. What the court should do is to limit the amount. Malls in Delhi / ncr charge upto 30 - 40 bucks for parking at weekends. This is absolute daylight robbery and just another way of making some quick and cheap money

Me Curious here.
Why do you think it's possible to ban it???

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 513247)
He wouldnt have received any cuts in the collections, thats why

theMAG,

Do you know him?
I hope your comment is based on facts.

Back on topic -

I did not find anything incorrect in his statement.
The parking area has been excluded from the FSI when granting the development rights to these establishments so that they provide organized parking to their visitors which in turn helps reduce "parking on roads"...

I see nothing wrong with that.
By passing remarks like those, you are discouraging even the 0.1% of those in politics who may be trying to do right things (at least on some issues)...