Team-BHP - New Maruti Versa on the cards
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Maruti Versa on the cards (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26845-new-maruti-versa-cards.html)

I just heard from the local Maruti dealer that Maruti Suzuki is going to launch a completely new Versa before December 2007. It will have a more powerful engine, better seating and will be more spacious.

Anyone have any more details on this news?

Quote:

Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets (Post 513757)
Maruti Suzuki is going to launch a completely new Versa before December 2007

Great so there will soon be something verse than the Versa!

Ermm, someone wake me up when they relaunch the Gypsy mjtd :D

AS a versa replacement all I can think of is the suzuki apv van, a few pics:

Pic source:

Index of /
+
Philippines car news portal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 513800)
Great so there will soon be something verse than the Versa!

Either that, OR Innova, Tata Winger and Bolero will have to make a run for their money! The Suzuki APV looks like a good replacement for the Versa. Although it will need some thoughtful engineering to seat 8 people in comfort.

so are they going to again take services of big b small b or small b and wifey b to promote the new versa ? -- i sincerely hope not ; it would be better positioned as a weekend or a family car -- it should fit in nicely in that slot

Reactions to the Winger, i guess.

Quote:

Either that, OR Innova, Tata Winger and Bolero will have to make a run for their money!
Ha HA HA!
Lets see if they can price it like Tata.

great pictures rahul. Looks like maruti is out to sweep all the segments. If they give a diesel variant, it will go places here in India.

Wow, the new version looks good. As far as I feel, the current Versa is the worst-looking new generation car on Indian roads. Even ads with the Big B could not boost its sales.

Versa is the one car in the Maruti stable that can be called a 'flop'. Seems Maruti is going to change that too...

I hope its the APV. Would mean another international offering from Suzuki.

By the way, Which car is this? Every Wagon? Is it based on APV?

As rightly pointed out if the versa[or whatever new name they give] is launched it needs a diesel engine,without which maruti would only be foolish to repeat the same mistake as their previous launch.

Now the question is from where will they manage these engines,Isnt their plant manufacturing diesel engines already working to full capacity just with the swift.So will they outsource this job to someone, something like GM did with the tavera,or are they going to launch this with LPG option.

Considering the constraints I am not too optimistic about a december 2007 launch as said by the dealer.

Heard a long time back that maruti is gonna plonk in the 1.3 diesel unit used in swift in the versa. Don't know how true this is, but if they do this, i think the taxi market will sit up and take notice.

well, i think Versa flopped because of its shape..and this APV is very similar so i dont see how it will be a success.

I think maruti needs to launch something which "looks" like Innova/Tavera..as those are now considered as family cars/vans. Or launch a new car with feature that will make people ignore the shape(e.g. swift/SX4 - avg shape, great features & price).

do we still have versa selling in the market...