Team-BHP - Ferrari 360 or Porsche 911 in India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ferrari 360 or Porsche 911 in India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2691-ferrari-360-porsche-911-india.html)

hey guys
my fufa is palnnin on gettin a porsche 911 or a ferrari 360
but before he buys it he wanted me to find some tuff out
1. does ferrari have a dealer in delhi or will national garage service it out there

2. can these cars be driven on 93 octyane petrol
thanx
cheers
lamborghini

Hey Lambo

I dont know about Ferrari in Delhi but yes Porsche has set up a dealership with a service station if I'm not mistaken.

I guess Ferrari wont be left behind they should set up a service network in Delhi too..

These cars do run on 93 octane but they do have knocking problems but from what I heard BP is going to start selling 98 octane fuel soon which should help

Happy shopping to ur uncle and we hope to see some pics of the new car if not the car

Dippy

to me the 911 is more better to drive than the 360 , also the 911 is comparatively more cheaper.
if yr fufa likes blood red color , the 360 is the car for him.

I wud settle for a porsche.It does justice to its name.On the whole,its a little cheaper and more affordable atleast than the ferrari.

Hey Lambo,
Mind and heart both say Ferrari, cos im a die-hard Ferrari fan. The 911 comes a close 2nd.

With relatively inexpensive products, and those that are more relevant to India (Cayenne/Boxster), Porsche will surely have more of a commitment in terms of dealers, infrastructure, stock inventory etc. than Ferrari. The Porsche Boxster is rumoured to be priced around the 40 lac bracket and will enjoy more confirmed orders than 1.5 crore Ferraris.

Look around automotive publications too. Porsche has been placing ads for dealership/service personnel all around, and it is clear that they are already setting up a strong backup for its discerning customers.

Stronger service backup aside, Porsches are that much more reliable than Ferraris. The Italian machinery is known to have frequent maintenance issues, while Porsches can sustain 150 mph speeds all day long. The 911 will require much lesser maintenance than a 360 - Its a given.

GTO

P.S. - I would still go for the 360

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Aug. 05 2004,12:12)]. The Porsche Boxster is rumoured to be priced around the 40 lac bracket and will enjoy more confirmed orders than 1.5 crore Ferraris.

then i wonder who will buy the new slk, which according to the august bsm is gonna be 42 lacs!

ps:check out the awesome mugen honda accord in it!!!

gto do that to ur soon to come accord!, looks awesome

Hey Lambo,

Will your Fufa be considering the 911 or the 911 Turbo (of which a few will come to India they say) ?

I guess the choice between the 911 and 360 is a choice between practicality and extravagance.
Me being a huge Ferrari fan, i would probably still rank the 911Turbo over the 360 to get IN BOMBAY.
I dont know why, but say..if my 911T got scratched...i would cry..for say...a week. But if my Ferrari got scratched i would cry for a couple of months!! *(even though i dont really like the 360)
Also, the porsche engines arent as quite as tempramental as ferrari engines, (although they are getting less tempramental of late), and most ferrari engines tend to run quite hot....which isnt perfect for bombay.

So the conclusion is - if your Fufa wants practical (yet insane) performance, and not too much of a headache or heartbreak, then the porsche it is.
But, if he is a ferrari fan and lusts after the prancing horse, and will enjoy having that eye catching 360.... then the 360 it is.

And no matter what his descision....u gotta get him and the car along to one of our TBHP meets! *(or even just the car is fine )

cheers
R

ps - to answer your questions.... lol..
I donno about the delhi thing, but im sure it will be disclosed soon. (oh dam...im guessing this means he lives in delhi!?)
And im sure Ferrari/Porsche/Maserati will detune their cars a fair bit and will suggest what fuel to use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]then i wonder who will buy the new slk, which according to the august bsm is gonna be 42 lacs!

The SLK would probably sell for less than 40 lakhs. Even so, I'm sure the SLK will outsell the Boxster by a healthy margin because:
- It has a collapsable hardtop which is practical and looks cool (V.Imp.)
- MB is established in India for many years now and Porsche can't hope to match their service backup
- The SLK matchs the Boxster for power, and India doesn't have the roads to exploit the wonderful handling of the Boxster.

Regarding which one to chose between the 360 and the 911, hmmm. Well, a 911 carrera S would sell for around 70-75 lakhs. A 360 would retail at about 1.2 crores or above. Frankly, if he can afford the 360, go for it as there's nothing that can match the sound and the aura of the Ferrari, not to mention the looks.

Practically and financially, the 911 makes the better buy no doubt, but since when has practicality played a role in buying a supercar?

Rtech

According to me, the Porsche 911 would be a sensible choice.
(Although i prefer the 360 to the 911)

I would say 911 is a practical buy in India and it is the most userfriendly and practical sportscar. But from my heart I would choose 360.

hey guys thanx....
since 98 octane is comin from bp ( hope fully ) he may consider the 911 turbo...
told him your views....
i think he is settling for the 911 or 911 turbo ........
sorry guyz...
car not in bomby but when i go to delhi
u will see some pics.........

alright the ferrari fans have had their say, now it's my turn. i think your relative has made a wise decision to go in for a Porsche. much fewer reliability issues than the red prancing horses. also, the current news of porsches engines conking off are due to the owners not following the proper running in procedures, haven't heard of anything else yet, unless somebody can throw some light. buck per buck, pound per pound, the Porsches anyday perform better than Ferraris, whether it's high speed runs, or track comparos. though the full potential of the car will never be exploited in India, i suggest you get your relative to wait for the 997 Carrera S, which will be offered in India for sure. a 3.8 Litre Boxer Six and 355 bhp is probably all you will ever need. and a certain Mr. Rohrl seems to personally prefer the car too, so you'll have no worries about the pleasure the driving dynamics has to offer. i seriously suggest waiting for the 997 series, unless he is really bent upon buying the Turbo, because the 997 Turbo won't be out for a while now. if you are going to spend quite a load of money, might as well go for the best the marque has to offer, or atleast maximum bang for the buck. Either ways, which ever Porsche you buy, you won't regret it.and do keep us updated on how it works out.

if im right
porsche is launchingb the 997 here...
the one with oval lights
thats the one

hey lamborghini , why isnt yr fufa considering the M3?
its half the price of the porsche and 1/3 of that of ferrari..
performance is slight low (comparatively),, but not bad.....its pure M Power
BTW , how much does te porsche turbo turbo cost ?
is he planning for a brand new import or importing a used one