Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you buy ?
NHC VTec 54 19.08%
Lancer Cedia Select 229 80.92%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2007, 22:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Neither. And let me explain why.

Cedia - No, because when I goto sell it, I'll get peanuts. Plus to me it looks weird, especially from the front.

NHC - Don't like the car & the engines nothing great too. Doesn't have the appeal of a driver's car at all really.

I would rather choose something like the Fiesta 1.6 or the Verna CRDi since there's not too much choice for a driver's car in that segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
One thig to note is that, as good a car that the Cedia is, it has been phased out overseas. the OHC is a current model till end of this year.
You mean the NHC.
Old 29th July 2007, 22:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

One thig to note is that, as good a car that the Cedia is, it has been phased out overseas. the OHC is a current model till end of this year.
Point to note is US is not equal to Overseas. The 10th gen lancer is only available in the US and JDM right now, nowhere else! Everywhere else its still the 9th gen lancer that is selling.

@iraghava : No offence but do you mean to say you like the front of the Verna CRDi over the Cedia front? Unfrickinn believable.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 29th July 2007 at 22:12.
Old 29th July 2007, 22:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
@iraghava : No offence but do you mean to say you like the front of the Verna CRDi over the Cedia front? Unfrickinn believable.
Did I say that? I don't think so. If you read clearly I never commented on the looks of the Verna, you just assumed I preferred the looks.

I would prefer it primarily because of it's powerplant & I think I explained very clearly why I would not go for the Cedia.

Plus, do remember looks are a very subjective factor. One man's E-Type can be another man's Pontiac Aztek.

Last edited by iraghava : 29th July 2007 at 22:18.
Old 29th July 2007, 22:17   #19
Team-BHP Support

My vote goes for Cedia. its a much better car...
Old 29th July 2007, 22:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

My money is for Cedia for its 2L - 115Bhp, ABS, Airbags and EBD!
Old 29th July 2007, 22:52   #21

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

I would rather choose something like the Fiesta 1.6 or the Verna CRDi since there's not too much choice for a driver's car in that segment.
dudeeee,what happened to you man...you ranking the Verna crdi as a drivers car.have you driven it around a corner,you do any mid corner corrections it starts acting fidgety,its like a boat around corners.agreed,it has a beast of an engine under the hood but a **** handling car would not make a very good drivers car,would it??

I'd put my money on the cedia if f.e was not important,its a better car than the nhc vtec in all aspects.the only place where the honda outshines is the f.e. and cheaper spare parts.
Old 29th July 2007, 23:02   #22
BHPian

I absolutely hate the NHC and the Cedia is not my favorite either. But since I have to make a choice from these two, i'd pick the Cedia. I like the looks of the Cedia except from the front.

I wouldn't buy the NHC even if it came with a Bugatti Veyron Engine. I absolutely hate it's looks. When I was in college, we used to refer the NHC as the 'Pregnant Car'.
Old 29th July 2007, 23:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
dudeeee,what happened to you man...you ranking the Verna crdi as a drivers car.have you driven it around a corner,you do any mid corner corrections it starts acting fidgety,its like a boat around corners.agreed,it has a beast of an engine under the hood but a **** handling car would not make a very good drivers car,would it??
Agreed it's not the best choice but we have limited options anyway. Atleast if you have to buy from that segment & have some money left over you can work on the suspension & tyres & improve it to quite an extent. All said & done the powerplant is quite good & you can work on the rest of the package to improve it.

Problem with the Cedia is that when one goes to sell it (I like to change cars every 3 years or 100k kms or so, even though it's not been possible in my current situation) you won't get much for it & that'll hurt to me atleast. And there I'm quite apprehensive alongwith the spare parts price & service standards.

All said & done the Cedia is a very good car but what let's it down is mainly HM & Mitsu India.

Last edited by iraghava : 29th July 2007 at 23:22.
Old 29th July 2007, 23:12   #24
BHPian

It is NHC VTEC for me, Cedia gets ruled out due to poor resale.
Old 29th July 2007, 23:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

The Cedia is no Evo, however its much better looking than the NHC .. and its supposed to be in the league of the Civic. (I would say the Cedia can be placed between the city and the civic.)

Have you seen the Red / Yellow Cedia.. its a freaken stunner, which you can visualize going @ 210 - 220 kmph range.

If I saw a NHC doing even 180 I would stay away fearing it would take off or something.

Also like someone said this is an enthusiasts forum. And 90% of the enthusiasts know the Cedia is a more drivers car than the NHC VTEC.

Also The NHC is so common nowdays.. Buy something that stands out...

Red or Yellow Cedia Go for it
Old 29th July 2007, 23:29   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_2006 View Post
It is NHC VTEC for me, Cedia gets ruled out due to poor resale.
So do you buy cars just for their resale value? Then you are better off sticking to Marutis bud... You gotto have better reasons when you are talking of performance cars like VTEC and Cedia.
Old 29th July 2007, 23:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Atleast if you have to buy from that segment & have some money left over you can work on the suspension & tyres & improve it to quite an extent. All said & done the powerplant is quite good & you can work on the rest of the package to improve it.

Problem with the Cedia is that when one goes to sell it (I like to change cars every 3 years or 100k kms or so, even though it's not been possible in my current situation) you won't get much for it & that'll hurt to me atleast. And there I'm quite apprehensive alongwith the spare parts price & service standards.
Ishan, the Vtec and the Baleno share a similar trait. Once you drive it and live with it, you don't want to sell it. I think out of the new lot, only the Cedia has that quality. It may be because none of the three were the highest sellers in their brackets, or because they're such great cars.

Plus you can buy a Cedia, do the suspension, footwear, and a nice turbo job for as much as you'd pay for a Civic.
Old 29th July 2007, 23:41   #28
BHPian

My vote goes to Cedia. Because I like the lancer and I would prefer OHC over NHC anyday.
Old 29th July 2007, 23:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Cedia anyday, NHC is well i dont like it after having it.
Old 29th July 2007, 23:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Cedia but the sports version for me + my personal pit-crew thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks