Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you buy ?
NHC VTec 54 19.08%
Lancer Cedia Select 229 80.92%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 11:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
Wheras sales chart shows a totally different stories. hardly a monthly sale of 100 odd Cedias ever since its launch is no match to the sales of either City or Civic....
How many NHC Vtecs sell in a month according to you?
Quote:
Moreover, I am 101% sure that people who have voted here in favour of Cedia against City or Civic, when they will go out to buy a car in this range, they will buy city or civic or for that matter SX4 or corolla/skoda etc but not Cedia
Well, don't be so sure.....and I think you're loosely quoting the "City", please be specific as in NHC Vtec
Quote:
Instead of claiming this is good and this is bad, just put yourself in the buyer's shoes and think what would you have bought.
I did, I would have bought the Cedia - it came out far too late in the day which is why I went for the Fiesta; I didn't like the NHC Vtec

No offense meant but I'm curious to know what car you own - a NHC Vtec, NHC or....?
Old 8th August 2007, 17:04   #92
Senior - BHPian

He owns a NHC GXi <<<>>>
Old 8th August 2007, 17:51   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Car in itself is neither here nor there....
@Zoom2 ash - still did not get an answer on what you meant by the above lines...
Old 8th August 2007, 18:14   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
@Zoom2 ash - still did not get an answer on what you meant by the above lines...
What Zoom meant was, Cedia was launched in D-segment 2 years ago. Since it bombed, HM reduced price to match C-segement. Unlike Honda who launched NHC in C-segment and still in C-segment

Similar think happened to Baleno. Though it was launched in premium C-segment, it ended up in entry C-segment

Note: Both Cedia & Baleno are liked in TBHP.
Old 8th August 2007, 18:53   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
What Zoom meant was, Cedia was launched in D-segment 2 years ago.
Huh? I thought it was launched last year....and I don't think it "matches" the average C segment price. Wasn't it always an Upper C?
Old 8th August 2007, 18:59   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me
Cedia is bigger, more powerful, spacious, better to drive, better ride, more fuel efficient, cheaper to buy and no proof of costlier maintenance.
Are you sure about the fuel-efficient part ? While I agree with the rest of the attributes of Cedia, I dont think this one is based on any real data.

Loved your resale value theory. Quite a possibility given the thousands of NHCs on the road. Time will tell though.
Old 8th August 2007, 19:11   #97
BANNED

Okie. Cedia was launched 20 months back in Optra, Corolla, Elantra segment. Thought it had the powerful name of Lancer it failed to take off. Lancer was hugely successful and still Cedia didn't do justice to the name. Civic came and swept the D-segment. Honda replace OHC with NHC and NHC has successfully carried the 'City' name forward.
If there is a drag race between NHC VTEC & Cedia, who wins?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Huh? I thought it was launched last year....and I don't think it "matches" the average C segment price. Wasn't it always an Upper C?
Old 8th August 2007, 19:13   #98

The Lancer cedia is a much more a driver's car than nhc vtec.I have test driven both.Nhc vtec is very good comparing other c-segment cars.But it doesnt even deserve a comparison with cedia.(except for similar power output).The way the mitsubishi delivers the power is simply amazing.The steering feel and control still doesnt cease to amaze me.The cedia suspension setup can take really harsh beating, but doubt the same on nhc vtec.Vtec doesnt have any safety features like abs or airbags.Overall quality of materials used in cedia seems to be more superior.Also the structural stability of honda city vtec is nowhere near cedia (atleast my perception).Had an accident with my 2002 mitsubishi lancer at around 150kmph and escaped scratchless.When i went to service centre i saw a cedia which was totalled.Man u should see the kind of re-inforcement bars going through the doors.The external panels had taken the beating,but those thick steel bars still had'nt caved in.Also i have seen accident honda cities and my impression is that the vehicle is very tinny.This is one vehicle i would consider buying if i make the decision to go for a petrol vehicle.Else it would be the safari 2.2
Old 8th August 2007, 19:51   #99
BANNED

Some info about Lancer Cedia:

a. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...cer-cedia.html

b. How good is the Lancer Cedia?

When its was launched people found:
1. Looks are pathetic
2. Not worth 11 lakhs
3. Heavy and hence slower than Baleno.

What changed in last 2 years except the price cuts
Old 8th August 2007, 20:40   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If there is a drag race between NHC VTEC & Cedia, who wins?
Cedia will win the drag.

Cedia will kill the NHC Vtec on the track, oops bunk this stupidity of comparission with the NHC, a Cedia will kill the Civic on track.
Old 8th August 2007, 20:55   #101
BANNED

Since Baleno is stopped, Cedia is the new darling now.
Old 8th August 2007, 20:56   #102
Senior - BHPian

One big note to all the people who are thinking this is a comparison between the City and the Cedia.

This is actually a comparison between the CITY VTEC and Cedia.

For those wo still dont know (NHC means New Honda City - so when we mean NHC Vtec we are not referring to the unpretentious Old Honda City VTEC.)

NHC VTEC's target customers are enthusiasts, and enthusiasts will love the Cedia more as it is in the same price bracket and offer much more fun. For people who are looking at the other attributes of a car as well, there is the NHC GXi.

However support for the Cedia could be a question, however Honda's service network is no great either. (On that count there are only three brands, Maruti, Tata/Fiat and Hyundai).
Old 8th August 2007, 21:02   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
NHC VTEC's target customers are enthusiasts, and enthusiasts will love the Cedia more as it is in the same price bracket and offer much more fun.
Can't agree more!

And finally, the ones who end up buying the NHC VTec are those who haven't studied the segment/ wanted a 'Honda' with them/ bought the VTec cause couldn't afford the Civic cases.
Old 8th August 2007, 21:47   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Can't agree more!

And finally, the ones who end up buying the NHC VTec are those who haven't studied the segment/ wanted a 'Honda' with them/ bought the VTec cause couldn't afford the Civic cases.
Some of the NHC VTEC sales was from the halo effect of the OHC VTEC.
Old 9th August 2007, 00:40   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

When its was launched people found:
1. Looks are pathetic
2. Not worth 11 lakhs
3. Heavy and hence slower than Baleno.

What changed in last 2 years except the price cuts

1. Looks depend upon people... some find it great some find it ordinary. The former is way higher than latter
2. True but at 9lacs its a much much better deal.
3. Not true... Baleno 91bhp/985KG means 93bhp per tonne. Cedia is 114bhp/1210KG which means 95bhp per tonne.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks