Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you buy ?
NHC VTec 54 19.08%
Lancer Cedia Select 229 80.92%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 13:32   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
If there is a drag race between NHC VTEC & Cedia, who wins?
The Cedia I'd say if you do a street race - but what does a drag race or street race prove anyway? You must be having a lot of money to burn if you'd plonk 10 of the big ones on the basis of a "drag".
Quote:
What changed in last 2 years except the price cuts
Again, it was launched last year

Quote:
Since Baleno is stopped, Cedia is the new darling now.
I think you are saying it just for the heck of saying it...........where on earth do you see this trend, certainly not on this forum. But yes, between a NHC Vtec & a Cedia - is a no-brainer

Last edited by suman : 9th August 2007 at 13:35.
Old 9th August 2007, 14:18   #107
BHPian

Guys, I was expecting this kind of response so nothing surprising. but, you guys are not able to understand the point I was
trying to make or may be I was unable to put it clearly.
I was trying to say that there are no buyers for Cedia and there must be some reason behind that. the simple reason is
because it doesn't have enough power/comfort/size/respect etc to compete with D-segement cars, like Civic, corolla, skoda
etc. nor have good enough price/looks/FE/respect/resale value/A.S.S etc to compete with the likes of NHC(Gxi/V-tech) or Optra
or SX4 or Fiesta or verna.
if anyone is looking for NHC V-tech and some how doesn't like it may be bcoz of over price or lack of ABS and Airabgs or
whatever, 95 out of 100 times, person will not buy Cedia. he will either buy Optra royale/magnum, or Corolla executive or
will jump even further to civic or skoda and if he can't afford that much in terms of money then will buy any other C segemnt
car.
Just simply reducing the price cannot make any car a better/good car and can't boost the sales. There are many examples like
baleno, ford fusion, lately lancer and many more....unless and until they really sort out the actual issues.

I own a NHC ZX Gxi model. Yes, its Gxi and not V-tech. I opted for Gxi because my 90% driving is in city and in city traffic,
there is not much of a difference in performance of Gxi or V-Tech. ANd so far I am really happy with my car and its A.S.S.
I don't have any special love for "HONDA" badge though I like all their cars in India(NHC, CIVIC, CRV and ACCORD). According
to me all of these are good cars in their own sgements. I like their attitude and care towards their customers.
But I dont have anything in favor of HM and especially cedia. When i went to the showroom for a test drive of cedia, I met a
person there who was owning a Cedia sport. he advised me not to buy cedia as he himself is fed up with the car. His car was
just 4-5 months old at that time and already facing the issues with the gear box, rattling noises from the suspension and
doors and above all the bonet of his car was not locking with the front grill. Whenever there was any jerk, the bonet used to
open up. HM was unable to resolve any of his problems despite his several visits.
He was facing that bonet problem for couple of months but HM didn't had the spare parts to resolve that.
You can imagine how frustating it could be for the owner of a 11 lakh car to drive with his open bonnet.
One of my friend had a lancer in delhi. After couple of year, water started seeping in from the front glass. he got the
entire glass along with the rubbers replaced but of no use...HM couldn't rectify the issue. finally he sold out his car.
These things don't happen in every car but it shows the real quality of the car and more importantly A.S.S.
And that igure of 100 odd cedias selling per month came from HM dealer in pune himself.
When I asked him why do you think Cedia is not doing well in terms of sales, he very proudly replied back
"Sir, we are doing okay. GM after spending so much on marketing and ads are able to sell only abt 250 units of Optra, 100
odds sales of Cedia is very good without spending anything on marketing and ads."
I was surprised with his reply but if they are happy with these sales figures, then even God can't help them.
Sales figure of cedia and lancer are also posted on another thread "India car sales figures and analysis". Anyone interested
can check out from there.
head to head may be cedia is a better then NHC V-tech car because of that additional 15 BHP, ABS and Airbas but its definitely not a good buy. Drag race is not the only thing to buy a car , afterall you are going to drive these cars on city roads not on the race tracks and maintain these with your own hard earned money.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:13   #108
Senior - BHPian

Can we call the poll as a deathblow to the Vtec or do we wait unless the margin is above 100?
Old 9th August 2007, 15:15   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Can we call the poll as a deathblow to the Vtec or do we wait unless the margin is above 100?
wait wait... let me also vote! Not that it would matter anyway
Old 9th August 2007, 15:30   #110
BANNED

Great ! Zoom is back
I agree with zoom. NHC has great build quality. People have found that even after logging many Kms, NHC holds up fine. Can we say the same about Cedia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
But I dont have anything in favor of HM and especially cedia. When i went to the showroom for a test drive of cedia, I met a
person there who was owning a Cedia sport. he advised me not to buy cedia as he himself is fed up with the car. His car was
just 4-5 months old at that time and already facing the issues with the gear box, rattling noises from the suspension and
doors and above all the bonet of his car was not locking with the front grill. Whenever there was any jerk, the bonet used to
open up. HM was unable to resolve any of his problems despite his several visits.
He was facing that bonet problem for couple of months but HM didn't had the spare parts to resolve that.
You can imagine how frustating it could be for the owner of a 11 lakh car to drive with his open bonnet.
One of my friend had a lancer in delhi. After couple of year, water started seeping in from the front glass. he got the
entire glass along with the rubbers replaced but of no use...HM couldn't rectify the issue. finally he sold out his car.
These things don't happen in every car but it shows the real quality of the car and more importantly A.S.S.
And that igure of 100 odd cedias selling per month came from HM dealer in pune himself.
When I asked him why do you think Cedia is not doing well in terms of sales, he very proudly replied back
"Sir, we are doing okay. GM after spending so much on marketing and ads are able to sell only abt 250 units of Optra, 100
odds sales of Cedia is very good without spending anything on marketing and ads."
I was surprised with his reply but if they are happy with these sales figures, then even God can't help them.
Sales figure of cedia and lancer are also posted on another thread "India car sales figures and analysis". Anyone interested
can check out from there.
head to head may be cedia is a better then NHC V-tech car because of that additional 15 BHP, ABS and Airbas but its definitely not a good buy. Drag race is not the only thing to buy a car , afterall you are going to drive these cars on city roads not on the race tracks and maintain these with your own hard earned money.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:33   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
Drag race is not the only thing to buy a car , afterall you are going to drive these cars on city roads not on the race tracks and maintain these with your own hard earned money.
Bingo, you've finally hit the nail on the head

Actually, the thread starter had a very simple question - given a choice BETWEEN the NHC Vtec & the Cedia, which would you buy? Given that kind of a specific question, all the other options like Civic, Magnum etc don't come into the picture, do they?

And one more request mate - the text wraps around on its own, I think you've kept pressing "Enter" every now & then in the first couple of paragraphs, which has made your post look like a kind of a poem & very difficult to read
Old 9th August 2007, 15:45   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
which has made your post look like a kind of a poem & very difficult to read
And that's putting it real mildly. I just ignored the post - pain to the eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash
Just simply reducing the price cannot make any car a better/good car and can't boost the sales. There are many examples like baleno...
While I did ignore your voluminous post, my eyes did happen to catch "Baleno" embedded therein.

Baleno is a good example of how sales can be boosted by reducing prices. This is way OT, but could not resist since you mentioned it.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:48   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
While I did ignore your voluminous post, my eyes did happen to catch "Baleno" embedded therein.
Man, that was hilarious SB
Old 9th August 2007, 15:53   #114
BANNED

How can SupremeBaleno miss a Baleno

[quote=supremeBaleno;526993]While I did ignore your voluminous post, my eyes did happen to catch "Baleno" embedded therein. [quote]
Old 9th August 2007, 16:30   #115
BANNED

V-Tech is always better,, go for ir you will be happy

Regards,
Jitendra
Old 9th August 2007, 19:33   #116
BANNED

Do you mean VTEC, the technology or NHC VTEC, the car? Which is always better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
V-Tech is always better,, go for ir you will be happy

Regards,
Jitendra
Old 9th August 2007, 20:08   #117
Senior - BHPian

i go with the cedia. more scope to modify and turn it into an indianised evo.
Old 9th August 2007, 20:39   #118
Senior - BHPian

Shuvc, on the marketing front. If you recall some of our meetings, I guess we turned out 3 times to the HM showroom for a test drive of the car and all three times the "Driver" had gone out. Compare that to the Civic testdrive we took!
Old 9th August 2007, 20:53   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Shuvc, on the marketing front. If you recall some of our meetings, I guess we turned out 3 times to the HM showroom for a test drive of the car and all three times the "Driver" had gone out. Compare that to the Civic testdrive we took!
I guess HM does a much better job here.

During an auto-expo we conducted, HM (Cedia) was one car that was actively present.

Honda were trying to show us they were boss (typically Honda). They'd come in a Civic/CR-V, would lock up the cars and walk away. And finally in the end of the day, they'd tell us poor response than they expected!
Old 9th August 2007, 21:01   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I guess HM does a much better job here.

During an auto-expo we conducted, HM (Cedia) was one car that was actively present.

Honda were trying to show us they were boss (typically Honda). They'd come in a Civic/CR-V, would lock up the cars and walk away. And finally in the end of the day, they'd tell us poor response than they expected!
Oh! you managed to come out of the "hot" thread!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks